Setup failed for tado

So we can expect a stable and out of the box fix soon, right?

Already in the last beta 0.90.0b5, or you can wait two more days for 0.90 release.

2 Likes

does 0.28 work out the box cause in my testing it has different classes causing the heating endpoints to fail, would it be ready in 0.90 as I cant see any updates except the requirements and the auth endpoints.

I have upgraded 0.90.0b5 and tado is still broken.

Same error or different? Can you open an issue in github to track?

Confirmed. Just updated to the latest beta and it has the same issue.

Same error. /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py still has wrong endpoint, while /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tado/device_tracker.py points to the correct endpoint. Here’s the issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/22208

Changing my.tado to auth.tado worked for me however device tracking is completely broken now. It works fine in the tado app though. Unfortunately the device tracking is more important to me than being able to set the temperature via HA. Hopefully that will get fixed as well.

Has now been released as part of 0.90 so fixes are no longer needed. I am amazed it made it in as the pull request was raised only 3 days ago. Kudos to webspider on github.

Still doesn’t work for me. Component itself works fine, however device tracking is broken.

Edit: found a solution for the device tracking problem here:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/22208#issuecomment-475071636

So it seems most functions are working again for me however, it still throws me HTTP 422 errors when I change the operation mode to one of the following modes: “off” or “timer”. “Smart Schedule”, “Manual” and “Tado Mode” seem to be working fine.

It throws me the following error:

HTTP Error 422: 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 122, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1138, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1160, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 188, in handle_service
    self._platforms.values(), func, call, service_name
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 314, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 328, in _handle_service_platform_call
    await getattr(entity, func)(**data)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tado/climate.py", line 225, in set_operation_mode
    self._control_heating()
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tado/climate.py", line 343, in _control_heating
    self._store.set_zone_overlay(self.zone_id, CONST_OVERLAY_MANUAL)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tado/__init__.py", line 122, in set_zone_overlay
    self.tado.setZoneOverlay(zone_id, mode, temperature, duration)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py", line 287, in setZoneOverlay
    data = self._apiCall(cmd, "PUT", post_data)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py", line 81, in _apiCall
    response = self.opener.open(req)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 532, in open
    response = meth(req, response)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 642, in http_response
    'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 570, in error
    return self._call_chain(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 504, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 650, in http_error_default
    raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp)
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 422: 

does the component work again after updating HA to 0.90? For me, unfortunately, not … :frowning:

Unable to connect to mytado with username and password

I have the same issue too @majdzik84 after upgrading to HassIO 0.90 mine still doesn’t work either

Unable to connect to mytado with username and password
8:10 AM components/tado/init.py (ERROR)

Not working after update to 0.90 for me… :unamused:

Not working for me either on 0.90 (Hassio)

it should be fixed in a coming 0.90.x release.
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/22048#issuecomment-475154440

If running Home-Assistant 0.90.0 then a hack for the non-tracker part while waiting for official update
find and edit

components/tado/__init__.py

Note: two underscores before and after init above

and change the pre-req from 0.2.8 to 0.2.9 and restart

Another fix merged and will be release in 0.90.1

Anything we can do to fix ourselves using custom_component?

Update: changing to 0.2.9 as above seems to have it back working

hi there,
i tried to updated and some options are working but this is not working: "urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 422: "

- service: climate.set_operation_mode      
    data:
      entity_id: climate.kuche
      operation_mode: 'Off'

does anyone have the same problem?

thanks

Yes, “off” and “timer” throws me the same error. Smart schedule works fine though. I haven’t made automations yet for these devices as I use the Tado smart schedule so I do not rely on the “off” mode as much, but I definitely will when this gets fixed.

1 Like