Setup failed for tado

Is anyone else seeing 403s again with the latest (0.93) HA release?

Hm it should all work now (except for the timer one) havenā€™t found anything out of the ordinary.

At the end, it worked also for me. My problem was I was new with Tado and Internet Bridge was not authorized before, because it did not work. Once configured the Internet Bridge through notification link and after reboot, tado device_tracker it seem to work properly. Thanks!

Hi, When iā€™m trying to change the threshold for tado on my hassio, it gives me back the error 422 ā€œError climate/set_temperature. HTTP Error 422ā€.

any solution for this?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Check their website first, sometimes the site is down. Though it seems like a different error. What version of HA are you running? Because there is a known issue with some previous versions of HA.

Hi jimz011, thanks for your reply. Iā€™ve checked tado site and Itā€™s working and I can turn on/off the components. Also through the mobile app. I am using Hassio with Home Assistant 0.93.2.

I can see the temperatures correctly on my Home Assistant but when I want to change something is giving me the HTTP 422 Error.

Thanks.

Regards,

I get this error often after a restart of HA, and a few restarts later it seems to work again. I believe thereā€™s a timeout issue with Tadoā€™s API. Anyone know how to increase the timeout threshold?

Not working for me with the latest version of HA 0.93.2. Same error ā€œHTTP 422ā€

Are people with the HTTP 422 error using the Tado AC or the Thermostat?

Iā€™ve got the AC and the component has never really worked for me. I believe itā€™s because the library the component uses, PyTado, doesnā€™t actually support the AC Unit. Iā€™ve made a start on forking it to work - but not being a python guy and certainly never a HA component itā€™s taking a little while.

For me itā€™s TADO AC and i start to understand that it had never workā€¦

I only have the valves from Tado, so I canā€™t comment on other devices. However if you happen to have the latest Home Assistant 0.93.x you could use the Homekit Controller instead of the Tado Component. The reason I mention this is because the Homekit Controller is local, no cloud involved and if for whatever reason the Tado API is down, you would still be able to control the devices.

To evade confusion: the Homekit Controller has nothing to do with the Homekit Component. You do not need Apple devices for this and there is no need for an Apple HUB or whatsoever. The only thing you would need to do is make sure the Tado device is not paired to Homekit already. If it is remove this from your ios device first (or press and hold the homekit reset button for 10 seconds on the tado internet bridge).
Then make sure you have the following line in your configuration.yaml:

discovery:
  enable:
    - homekit

Restart HA and if all went well you will see a persistent notification asking for the Homekit code (can be found on the back of the internet bridge). Pair the device with Home Assistant and voila, your new entities are set up. It will be a single entity per device (unlike the tado component which creates one for every sensor). Note that device tracking will not work this way, but if you do not use it, then Iā€™d suggest using this method over the Tado Component as this is more reliable and doesnā€™t need an internet connection to operate.

1 Like

Hi
Still not working with AC (error 422)ā€¦
Any news or fix?

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea for the following error regarding Tado presence detection:

Error 401 on https://my.tado.com/api/v2/homes/{home_id}/mobileDevices?username={username}&password={password}.

- platform: tado
    username: xxxxxx@xxxx
    password: xxxxx
    home_id: xxxx

Thank you.

Hi All,

yes I can confirm that the HTTP 422 Error is only with Tado AC Component, not the Smart Thermostat.

Hope, that with newer versions, this problem can be fixed.

Thanks!

I have a working prototype of the AC version of the component.

Just refining it so that it works for both heating and cooling, and with the various available options (ie. devices that support/donā€™t support fan, dry, etc) before I make it available as a custom component.

2 Likes

Thank you dgaust.

If you need some help to test it, I can help you with it.

Thanks.

Regards,

I can volunteer for testing it. I have 3 Tado AC devices in my Home.

Hi dgaust, any news on when can we test this component?

Many thanks!

Regards

It looks like the big climate changes in 0.96 have broken this again. HTTP 422s aplenty. Anyone else?

Yep mine is also broken