Sharp Aquos TV control over IP w. Python

I have noticed a few projects in github for controlling Sharp Aquos TVs over IP using python. Can any of them be integrated into Home Assistant?

github.com/jmoore987/sharp_aquos_rc
github.com/benburkhart1/sharp-a … ntrol-test

At first glance it seems possible with sharp_aquos_rc. This would end up as media_player platform.

Hi,
Author of sharp_aquos_rc here. Let me know if I can help at all with integration. Pull requests always welcome.

Cheers,
jmoore987

Will do. I have to return to my old configuration for a bit (playing around with HASS last night and my configuration crapped out on me). I want to get the basic media players I have sorted out (Chrome cast & LG WebOS) before I open a new can of worms. My Sharp is all connected & static IP’d at the client end, PW set etc. , so I’m almost ready to go.

I’ve create a component (based off of samsung TV component). I have been using it for several weeks and seems stable. I would be willing to upload it to anyone if they want to create an official pull request for HA.

it utilizes sharp_aquos_rc.

I would be interested in the component.
Thanks!

Also interested!
Thanks

Hello ! I juste made it and it was just merged !
Hope it will be in the next release 0.35 ! :slight_smile:

I just created a new PR in sharp_aquos_rc github to improve the HA component.
See here: https://github.com/jmoore987/sharp_aquos_rc/pull/2

Hello - has anyone successfully got this working with Home Assistant? I really just want power control on/off for my TV as there is no other was to remotely control it.

If there is a manual way of adding this functionality now, I’m all ears!

1 Like

I also am wondering if any progress has been made with this. My main tv is a Sharp Aquos and would really like to be able to control it through home assistant.

@bthome - are you able to share your thoughts with the rest of us?

Please read this page: https://home-assistant.io/components/media_player.aquostv/

And I got it working for a few months since at least Home-assistant 0.36

I got this working through the latest install of Home Assistant.

I initially had a few issues - My model is: LC-60LE951X (I added this on Github to say it was a working model - I think they are yet to approve my update though)

By default it is stated that the username and password if left blank are as per the doc. However, i found in my TV settings I actually had to specify these as the user and password for it to work, otherwise I never got control. The TV had both user and pass left blank by default - hence why i assumed it would all be fine - this is not the case.

After changing this on the tv, also adding the “power_on_enabled: true” option in the configs file along with correct IP etc, everything came up fine and I gained full control.

Just in case someone needed more clarification on this I thought it best to contribute to this post.

Along with siwels comments:

Works fine with Sharp LC-70LE735X.
Ensure pwd/username align. with LV.
Enable power_on_enabled: True Not sure what it does, but without you can’t turn the TV on.

Did have problems when the TV was on a different subnet, so suggest you keep it in the same IP range.

Controls are the basic essential such as input /power / audio and R &FF and play/pause.

Consider I could never get any of the apps to work on my tablet etc…surprised to see the Aquos integration work so thank you!

May I know how to get this works?

I keyed the following to my configuration.yaml

“”""
media_player:

• platform: aquostv
    host: 192.168.3.16
    port: 10002
    username: admin
    password: password
    “”"""

Hi @siwels

Could you shared more detail of the parameters and how you get the integration works,please.

Hi @jmoore987

Could you guide how to get this works?