show_header_toggle: false
    entities:
      - entity: script.XXX0368406XXX
        icon: mdi:window-open
      - entity: script.XXX0368627XXX
        icon: mdi:window-closed
      - entity: script.XXX0370593XXX
        icon: mdi:stop

Would you mind to share your config how and where to setup the shellies as cover?

hello to all
i want to acess rollers from HA but also from the app.
i have 2.5
currently i have all working with mqtt but it does not allow to have also cloud acess
how can i setup to use rest? thanks a lot

It’s not possible

You can use the cloud and Shelly REST API, but no MQTT

Just use this component, it works great:

I’ve tried to use this component, but I’m getting issue even Iif I don’t get any error message in the log.

Can you have any suggestion?

This is my last post in the thread, but I haven’t got any answer yet.

Thanks

It’s been working with no such issues for me, installed 3 months ago. I use it with automations for roller shutters with position control, also with a Pro4… Maybe open an Issue at Github, devs seem to be more responsive there…

1 Like

for me also not working :frowning:

Try to open an issue on Github, he answered to me.
The thread here is not the right place, I don’t see a lot of activity.

Hi, I just updated my shelly 2.5 and now I receive this error in the log:
Payload is not integer within range: -1

I have them added like this:

- platform: mqtt
  name: "Toldo"
  state_topic: "shellies/shellyswitch25-xxxx/roller/0"
  command_topic: "shellies/shellyswitch25-xxxx/roller/0/command"
  position_topic: "shellies/shellyswitch25-xxxx/roller/0/pos"
  set_position_topic: "shellies/shellyswitch25-xxxx/roller/0/command/pos"
  payload_open: "open"
  payload_close: "close"
  payload_stop: "stop"
  state_open: "open"
  state_closed: "close"
  retain: false
  optimistic: false
  qos: 0
  position_open: 100
  position_closed: 0

Anyone else with this problem?thanks
SOLVED: positioning calibration had been reset

Hi , I got 3 shelly 2.5 using in home assistant and in shelly app. They are set to works as roller shutters and from app they works fine. In home assistant I got discovery entity showing only 1 shelly as “cover” meanwhile the others 2 are shown as simply “switches” entity. I installed also shellyfor hass with no lucky.
How can I made HA discover the 2 “switch” shelly as cover to works in HA and into the shelly app.
I’m a newbie so all suggestions are welcome.
The 1 “cover” roller shutters is well configured and working in hadashboard trough “cover” template, but the other two at the moment are useless.
Attached a screenshot of what discover shellyfor hass

Hi I use it but it discovers only one roller shutter instead of 3. The other two are recognized as switch entity. Any suggestion to have them as roller shutter?

Where they set up as roller shutters (instead of double really switch) before they were added to HA?

They are setted as roller shutters (all 3) in shelly app. Here they works flawlessy. Where should I set them otherwise?

Try uninstalling the Shelly component (HACS) and install again, see if they are detected correctly this time.

Are u checking Mqtt option on shelly app for all ur device?
Just add a cover for every one like I type before

I discover, thankfully to ShellyforHass author Hakana, that restricted logon at web interface of shelly app disable recognizment.
Now I unrestricted both the 2 shelly unrecognized as cover entities but only one change state from switch to cover. I tried uninstall the plugin (but Not HACS) Shellyfor Hass with not avail. Situation now 2 of 3 are in entities state of cover.
Something is missing for the last one.

EDIT remember to DISABLE RESTRICTED ACCES
EDIT 2 or how Hakana says “Ether you have to remove restricted login or you can enter a username and password under shelly in HASS config. You don’t need to uninstall/reinstall Shelly, just restart HASS after change in config or Shelly”

Hello,

I’m brand new to Home Assistant, and learning as I go, I would love a step-by-step tutorial on how to do things and how things are organized, but I’ve not found yet what I’m looking for.
For now I’m going as I can and I want to integrate my Shelly 2.5 on Home Assistant, but I do not want to loose cloud access…
When activating MQQT it say’s I’ll loose cloud access… So I’m thinking on REST API… Have anyone already made that control with REST API instead of MQQT?
I know MQQT is better, but I’d rather use not so good REST API and keep Cloud access with standard firmware…
I want to make something as shown above, up/stop/down and % slider for my rollers, anyone kind to give me a help on that?

Thanks,

Julio Silva

You can use everything together. Just install ShellyForHass. Here is the link:

It is very easy and will add all your shellys to home assistant. You can still use your cloud and anything.

Thanks for your answer, I’ve got it working now very easy!
How can I add a slider with this configuration, since I do not have MQQT enable?
Thanks!