Show data from own weatherstation

Hello, I have Ecowitt GW1000 with several sensors, not supported by Weewx. I installed Cumulus MX and would like to send data by mqtt. How do I set it up that these sensors get send?

I’ve got this working for the WH2900 weatherstation but i can only get Absolute Pressure, Relative Pressure, Humidity and Temperature.

Is there a way i can get wind speed and rain?

1 Like

Yes, but I’ll have to add support in the code. That weatherstation provides wind speed + rain? I don’t have one to test with so I’ll just have to wing it and see if it works. My weather station only has temp/pressure/humidity sensors… so that’s what the code looks for. I’l see if I have time to add this later this week: https://gitlab.com/gabeguz/ecowitt/-/issues/5

Hi, I’ve released a new version (https://gitlab.com/gabeguz/ecowitt/-/releases/0.0.2) that has a -verbose flag to help me get the info I need to support your weather station. If you have time, can you upgrade to the latest version and then run the program with the -verbose flag and send me the output (can take a minute or two before there is any output)? Should look something like this:

./ecowitt -verbose
map["PASSKEY":["********************"] "baromabsin":["29.167"] "baromrelin":["29.167"] "batt1":["0"] "batt2":["0"] "dateutc":["20
20-07-29 10:39:27"] "freq":["915M"] "humidity1":["84"] "humidity2":["78"] "humidityin":["66"] "model":["GW1000_Pro"] "stationtype":["GW1000B_
V1.5.8"] "temp1f":["70.52"] "temp2f":["67.46"] "tempinf":["72.5"]]
1 Like

Hello,

maybe i’ve found another, more simple way of integration.
I am using HassOS 4.11, HA core 0.113.2

I updated my weather station (type WH3000) to the latest update. So i got the config option as shown in post #16.
I do NOT see any Ecowitt integration show up (Setings -> Integration) BUT i DO SEE all entities in the “entities” tab (settings -> Integrations -> entities), shown as “Ecowitt weather station”.

Now i can remove all WU integration and directly have my weather data in HA - GREAT :slight_smile: )

Maybe it helps others…

Hello Ralf, I have the same struggle here, using an Alecto WS-5500 what looks like a rebrand to me.
Using up to date Hass.io.
I also setup Ecowitt in the app, but nothing shows up in Entities.
What am I doing wrong, did you write any Yanl files?
Your solution seem the way to go for me too.
Hope you can help?

1 Like

I’m using weewx with the mqtt addon.
As mentioned, it would be awesome to have a weather card addon that could use our own sensors.

Hello,

check if you see entries here: settings -> Integrations -> entities (NOT in the entities tab!), these showed up on my installation some time after i configured the weather station. Don’t know how long it really takes until tghey show up. I forgot these but some days later saw them.

I got it working. I installed HACS, it has an integration for Ecowitt. All the sensors are showing now, perfect. Next step is to find a nice looking card (fe Ecowitt style). HACS has a animated wheather card, but i’n not sure yet if it works with own sensors, need to find out. But for automation purposes the sensors are most important ofc.

Glad you got it working!
Just noticed seems i have also installed the Ecowitt integration from HACS, but completely forget about it - sorry for this.

So for all reading this feed, thee way you gi is:

1. install HACS if not yet done
  2. install the ecowitt integration through HACS
  3. if necessary update firmware of your weather station and configure to use your HA sevrer to send the data to.
  4. use the integration entities shown up within HA to do whatever you want to do with…

For me, still works great. I now get updates directly from my weather station, it seems to be hardcoded to send each 16 seconds. Even yesterday it said rain and my blinds go up by my automations. Cool stuff!

1 Like

Thanks Ralf.
Which card do you use in the Lovelace?

I just use glance card and some mini-graph-card.

I just got the Ecowitt integration going via HACS for my WH2900 Fine Offset (Ecowitt) station.
Very nice, just what I hoped could be created. No need to do any scripting, weewx, or hardware intercept.
A truck load of new sensors appeared in entities overnight. Some minor things to setup to be in metric but altogether a very nice bit of coding by garbled1 on Github.
I now can get indoor sensor values that I think were not available via WU API.

Hello mr. sneezy, I am using the same set-up as you. I am struggling to get the sensors to read in metric. I can change the inch to mm of course, but the values stay the same. Did you find out? My Yaml file is allready in metric strangly enough

I found one!
And it’s working with my own sensors. It’s a card in HACS

1 Like

Have you had any success changing things to metric?

I would like to calculate new values for wind and gust and change some places the units as they are incorrect.

@garbled1, could you tell us how units should be defined for your Ecowitt integration?

I put a couple of comments on Git about it. I think I found where changes are needed, but not sure if I can just attack the files in HA without screwing something up. I have no experience with Python and how it all works…

I saw that, and replied to one of your questions over there.

yes, i did a re-install and everything was fine after that
i do have some issues with the card tho, see my thread on github for that, they sound simular to yours perhaps? Ecowitt is easy:
#Weerstation
ecowitt:
port: 4199
barounit: metric
windunit: metric
rainunit: metric
windchillunit: hybrid

how are you using this info?