Shutter Card

Hi,
I’m controlling KNX connected shutters and vertical curtains. The shutter card doesn’t respond to ‘invert position = true’!! the animation shows closed while the actual cover is open!!

Any one with a solution for this problem?

From KNX Cover

Unlike most KNX devices, Home Assistant defines 0% as closed and 100% as fully open in regards to covers. The corresponding value inversion is done internally by the KNX integration.

You might not be needing invert_position: True at all. It only inverts KNX payloads, it can’t invert a frontend cards logic.

When omitted or false, the animation is correct, but the % is inverted.

What does inverted % mean for you?

KNX: 100% = Closed // 0% = Open
HA: 100% = Open // 0% = Closed

I would love to have HA reflect the same as KNX (KNX is the base system)

This is exactly what I quoted earlier. It’s not possible to change that. It’s a definition HA made for their system / software. See WHY THE HECK can't we freely configure a Cover to interpret its percentage value as "percentage open" or "percentage closed"?

I saw and read this and other. thought to add to it maybe they’ll change it or introduce a solution.
thanks for passing. :slightly_smiling_face:

in the meantime I’m waiting for advice on other post I made that are still pending.

You could always make a workaround. Create an input_number with value 0-100. Then you use the input_number in the shutter_card. When you change your input_number you calculate 100-(input_number value) and change your KNX cover to that value.

Would be great if you could show a step by step of where the file is to edit etc? I guess you can only show one image for all covers though?

Is it possible to swap the buttons?
I use this card for a sunshield an swapped the percentage allready.
Now I need to swap the buttons.

1 Like

Why can’t I add it in HACS? I couldn’t find it in HACS, and I tried adding the author’s github link but HACS couldn’t add it.

It is there, available for everyone:

Just change the data-command property on yur local version and replace up with down and vice versa.

How about a lovelace card for a curtain instead of blinds. Does something like that already exists? I cant seem to find any kind of lovelace card regarding curtains which move horizontal.

2 Likes

You could either remove the up/down buttons (in the js file), or reduce the width of the shutter with CSS / card-mod.

@Deejayfool

Hi,

First of all thanks for this shutter card, i use it for my screens.
However, i have another “cover”, but in fact it are rotating lamellen…

Like this in the picture

So the bars rotate, it would be cool if something is possible like the shutter card but then like on the pic.

Is there any card out there to be like this?

Cool, we have exactly the same! Did you already found an new card like this?sc_shutter_open
Something i drawed, but i can’t get it to work with the turning parts…

Hi

Unfortunately not.

Thank you for this card, just what I was looking for,…
I added for testing 1 shutter,. it works but the buttons aren’t visible !?
not with a white background but also not with a black (dark) background.
How do I get the buttons visible?
Rolluik

Hi,
Same problem here !

i just started using this and buttons are not visible in light or dark mode

also can have option for button at bottom instead of having to use cardmod?