Siemens Webserver ozw672

You might want to have a look on Brötje’s IDA. But better to ask a dealer/installer.

thanks.

I ordered my device yesterday. Will probably start by simply sending back the measured room temperature so that the boiler can adjust its consumption.

Do you mean that you just ordered an OZW? You should have had a look on BSB-LAN as well.

My system is running fine. Therefore, I will not consider an upgrade :wink:

Strange behavior in OZW672.
I have OZW672.1 with revision 10 firmware. The only controller is the heat pump controller RVS61.843F/147
We can see that rootID for this is

When you make certain changes in the controller you MAY have to do “Generate Device Web Pages”

Documents will tell you when you have to do the generation for changes to be effective.

But generation deletes ALL the Ids and creates new ones. As a result HA can no more find data point since their Id’s have been changed.

I guess this can be easily demonstrated by generating OZW itself.
RootID now:
After Generation it is

Now question is whether there is a way to use API to address data points in a more robust way which could survive Device Webpage Generation ?

Could someone be so kind as to PM me API Reference (preferably version10) so I could try to solve this?
Does someone know a workaround for this?

Hello,

Could someone please provide me with the pdf for the API, in English if possible? I am also working in trying to expose data and got to a dead end using the OZW 775 Web Server. I read online about it and contacted support but so far I have not yet received any information. I checked this whole thread and it gave some really good points as to where to start but I am not really sure as the interface is a bit different as to where to access the web api from so I can manage to make calls and get the information from all the data points.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Adriana

Hello,
Would you be so kind as to provide me with the PDF of the API Interface as I am having some issues trying to enable the web api on an OZW Web Server 775 and I am unable to. It would be really appreciated if you could share it as it is so hard to find it online.
Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Adriana

Hello,

I am currently working on trying to access the for the OZW Web Server 775 and I am having issues trying to find the exact setup for it. Would you be so kind as to send me the specific web a[o documentation that you currently have as it can be very helpful although the model is a bit different.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Adriana

there once was an Openhab binding for this, which never made it to production, only beta.
If I understood well, the way that binding handled this issue was by using the names instead of ID’s.

Not 100% sure but think the binding on a regular basis made a download of all the IDs and names of these and used this table to lookup the ID. So a regeneration would change IDs but once the lookup table is refreshed the binding will automatically use new ID as the name hasn’t changed.

I’m planning to update my HA instance (after more than 1 year without update :sweat_smile:) but I struggle with the rest integration which I use to access my Siemens OZW672 like described in this topic.

After updating, I have rest sensors that became periodicaly unavailable with is really annoying.
It seems to be due to the update of the restful integration which has been updated last year and modify the way it address the connection (at least what I understand…)
With the old rest integration there was a limit on the number of connections that the integration would make since it was sync. The async version has no such limitation and may be overloading the device.

It happens because I have many sensors related to rest integration (>35) updating very often.

The workaround would be to manage to use the rest integration to create multiple sensors using the same endpoint like mentionned there : RESTful - Home Assistant.
It would reduce the number of request to 1 each time and not overload the rest integration.

But I don’t think it is possible since each sensor need his own dedicated endpoint, and not all sensors are returned inside the same JSON.

Can someone help me with this?

thank you

Hi @inuites

I also tried to integrate a Siemens OZW772 (which uses the same JSON API) and had the same issue.
Did you already find a solution for integrating multiple rest sensors?

I’m happy to provide more details or discuss possible solutions…

Thank you!

You can solve this with nodered making no more simultaneous request but sequenced .

It will work at 100% :+1:.

Remember to make token request in nodered too to ensure other request work. (Saving it in a local nodered variable)

you can share your nodered config ?

Sorry no I’m away from this host using this in node red.

Basically you have a node that request token everyday and store it in global variable.

Then you made request in serial way (node behind each other). This way http request are made one by one when the last one is done or timeout.

Has this problem been solved yet ? Or is it still the same. I’m postponing my upgrade because of this

Yesterday I updated from OZW672 version 11 to the latest version 12 . Unfortunately in this version it tells me “version not supported” All communication with LMS14.002A100 is gone. I am very disappointed with Siemens :sleepy: I will probably have to downgrade via cable with factory Firmware V11 and set everything up again.

Thanks for sharing, that’s not good :frowning:

Good luck with the downgrade. I’m on v11 as well currently.

On a separate note, how were you managing the issue mentioned above of the multiple parallel REST sessions overloading the OZW672 after the REST integration moved from SYNC to ASYNC ?

Problem solved with interesting information. The Brötje company that uses electronics from Siemens (in this case LMS14… ) had a mutual disagreement and since Firmware version 12 will not be compatible. But there is a solution if someone has a good relations with Brötje and needs to upload new “System Definitions”. So really watch out for this new Firmware v12. Unfortunately, this “System definitions” cannot be freely given further.

After the update everything seems functional

That’s great news, at least you don’t have to downgrade.

Any major changes or benefits you experienced with V12 ?

Hello Venca :slight_smile:
can you please help me with config my OZW672 and your HA configuration?
I implement it to my HA, but i still get error:
Template variable warning: ‘None’ has no attribute ‘state’ when rendering ‘http://192.168.1.4/api/menutree/read_datapoint.json?SessionId={{ states.sensor.sid_token.state }}&Id=2687’ … (all datapoints get this error)
HA version is OS 9.3, webaccess in OZW is enabled.
Thank you very much …