SimpliSafe integration regularly requires reconfiguration

Seems like the review has been abandoned (no activity for almost a week). Is there still hope of getting it into 2021.7.0 at least?

A week of inactivity does not indicate abandonment at all; in a project of this size with the volume of contributions happening, it is not uncommon for new functionality to wait 3 to 4 weeks – or more – before being included.

I will certainly sponsor this PR‘s inclusion in the next major release, but if you would rather not wait, remember that you can always copy the SimpliSafe files from that PR into a new custom component within your install.

FYI, the above change will go live in 2021.7.0.

EDIT: unfortunately, I have to take that back. The change to implement it was too simplistic and a proper fix will not be done in time for the release on Wednesday. I’ll keep cracking on it and will hopefully have something for the next release.

3 Likes

Could multi factor auth be causing some of the issue?

I was good until I when to the 2021.8 Beta. Broke on .0, .1 and 2. Trying .3 now.

Mine seems to have been fine since upgrading to 2021.7.4, aside from their recent service issues this week. I was signing in 2-3 times per day.

@bachya , I saw on twitter that Simplisafe actually reached out to you about collaborating. Did anything positive happen with that?

Unfortunately, nothing has really happened. I sent them several DMs and they responded to one, instructing me to reach out to [email protected]. I did that, as well, but silence since then.

Still working since .4 beta.

This is a little off topic kind-of. Is there a way to have my mobile app push notify me of a problem with a integration? Like in this case re- authorize the Simplisafe integration. So far the only way I have known to do it is by opening the app or web interface and see a “notification” within HA.

I was able to use the solution here to accomplish this (though it depends on node-red, which I was already using).

I am having issues also with Simplisafe. Now when I try and reauthenticate, it tells me invalid authentication. I am 100% sure I am using the correct credentials and I even logged into my account on a incognito chrome browser to test the credentials. I am going to update home assistant tonight to see if that fixes anything for me.

The new method of copying the code from the URL results in an immediate failure of “Invalid Authentication”.

When I add the integration I get a message to open the webapp where I then add the user/pass, have to go to my email and verify. Which succeeds. However I never get anything that has “Callback” in the url. I do have a confirm?code= and I try copy/paste that code. Which results in Invalid Authentication. no tab has a “callback” The initial tap either shows a failure message and a very long Token= or succeeds and goes into the web app.

Yep - I am having this exact same issue. The first tab never refreshes/redirects to have a “code” parameter and the code parameter from the second tab just comes across as invalid. As of right now, I am calling this a broken integration.

I opened a GitHub issue which explains how to find the correct code. You will see it in the chrome console. If you can’t find the issue let me know and I will find the link.

Hot damn. That worked perfectly. Thank you.

Hi. @bachya I am having problems too. I have reinstalled the integration and copied the code from the address bar. This seems to work until I restart home assistant I then get this error:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/simplisafe/__init__.py:236 
First occurred: 05:56:51 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 05:56:51

Error setting up entry XXXXXXX for simplisafe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 304, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/simplisafe/__init__.py", line 236, in async_setup_entry
    api = await API.async_from_refresh_token(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/simplipy/api.py", line 159, in async_from_refresh_token
    await api._async_refresh_access_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/simplipy/api.py", line 198, in _async_refresh_access_token
    token_resp = await self._async_request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/simplipy/api.py", line 233, in _async_request
    async with self.session.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 1117, in __aenter__
    self._resp = await self._coro
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 544, in _request
    await resp.start(conn)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 890, in start
    message, payload = await self._protocol.read()  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/streams.py", line 604, in read
    await self._waiter
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerDisconnectedError: Server disconnected

Does this happen every time you restart Home Assistant?

Yes. Without fail. No message or anything asking me to re-authenticate. All sensors just shows as unavailable.

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce that problem, so I’m not entirely sure what’s going on. If you delete the integration and re-add it, does everything work (including surviving reboots)?

No the only way to reauthenticate is to delete the integration and set it up from scratch. So even if I do this I still have to do this each time I restart.