Sinope Line Voltage Thermostats

I am very happy to report that I hooked up the OLD thermostats to Sinope-1 via Neviweb and then did the home kit integration and everything worked flawlessly.
The HomeKit Green is perfect for the task and it all works.

I was going to also install the GT125 method as well but the HA Green didn’t come with Python installed. I thought all HA had some basic Python on them. I could install python but the Neviweb system is working fine now. Also if I install the GT125 will all the thermostats show twice?

Still pretty confused because many things I am reading make it sound like all HA have Python installed so not sure why mine wouldn’t have already had it or what the best way to install it is.

This is my problem.

Hi @jdawson, you can install both GT125 and neviweb together and your device will show up as climate.sinope_climate_thermostat_name for GT125 and climate.neviweb_climate_thermostat_name for neviweb. If you change a value in one GT125 device it will also change in the same neviweb device and vice versa.
Python is installed in all HA as it is needed for most components. But it is possible that it is not available in the docker where sinope is located.
One way to overcome this is to install python in another computer and run python device.py. The computer must be on the same network or have access to the GT125. Run device.py to create the file sinope_device.json then copy this file to your green in config/.storage
On your computer the directory config/.storage must exist if I remember correctly or you can edit device.py line 16 and change temporarily the path for where the json file will be created. Also make sure the file crc8.py is on the same directory as device.py. better is to copy everything in the same place and run python device.py from there.
Let me know if you have problem.

I tried to run it locally but then it hit…

“if os.path.isdir(”/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant"):
CONFIG = “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/.storage/”
else:
CONFIG = “/config/.storage/”
and then failed. "

So I was thinking this is really setup to run on the HA. I was trying to see if I could add Python to the HA but didn’t get their.

All of this to get ONE key out of the gateway. Is their another way to do this?
If I am right I am doing all of this just to get the API Key. Is their a way I can just login to the gateway with a browser and extract the key?

remove the line

if os.path.isdir("/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant"):
  CONFIG = "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/.storage/"
else:
  CONFIG = "/config/.storage/"

replace by
CONFIG = "/config/.storage/"
first option does not exist anymore
On your computer create the directory

config
config/.storage
config/custom_components

and copy your files in
config/custom_components/sinope/
With this, device.py should work.
But normally using the component advance ssh & web terminal allow you to execute device.py in your HA. just make sure you are in the directory config/custom_components/sinope/
Python is used everywhere in HA so it must be installed.

I am new to home assistant as you know.
I am using this for a terminal. Perhaps i should use another way.
If I could run this on the HA it would be better than installing Python on my Mac just for this.

No you should use advance SSH & web terminal.

Just click on the blue button in the lower right corner and in the search bar type advance. install this one and remove the other one.
Then you should be able to open the terminal on the left column and get this.

in the configuration check show in sidebarr. You will get direct acces to the terminal on the left sidebarr.

I just tried to install it… But it will not run for some reason on my HA green.

Every time I run it it says it starts but then you refresh and it shows it is not running.
I will have to look into why it can’t start.

Did you look in the log of advance ssh

Yes slowly got that to work… YES!
Done fully working now.

Thank you!
I saw you said something to someone about having to reset the time or something every day if using the gateway. Is that just for devices that are not also connected to Neviweb. I have not disconnected mine from neviweb at al. So do I need to do anything extra?

If you keep them on Neviweb you don’t need to send time and outside temperature. Neviweb will take care of that. But if you remove Neviweb then you will need to send time once a day and outside temperature at least once per hour. Have fun.
I’ll update sinope-GT125 custom_component for the doc and remove the old hasbian support.

It would be great if they only showed once in HA. And what ever one updated last will just update that unit. That said is all amazing thanks for everything

In the overview you can show only one device group, GT125 or Neviweb, or both. It’s up to you to show the device you want. You will always have both device group in dev-tool anduse them if you want to use sone attribute in your automation.
Both custom_components can live together without problem.
have fun with HA.

I am using it as a bridge to HomeKit so if I do that they would show up in every room twice. So that looks a little ugly. I do like the fact they are both setup so i have a backup. I am now using the GT125 as primary.

One other question i s can you get HA energy usage dashboard show them?

You can still deactivate the neviweb custom_component in your configuration.yaml file but leave it in place and if needed reactivate it.
As for the energy usage you just need to create template sensor that follow the wattage or wattage_override attribute of your thermostat. Not sure of which one is better as I don’t have any activated on my HA. I’m on the new G2 zigbee thermostat to finish development in neviweb130 custom_component. Then add thos sensor to the energy panel.

Ok thanks for the input…

Even if it imported the data from Neviweb it would be of some value.

But not a big deal and what I have now is doing everything I need.

1 Like

If you set a device as not visible in the thermostat card you can still set them back to visible in the dev tool state.

1 Like

Since the latest update to the GT125 I have seen my first issue. The whole thing has been flawless.

Some of the GT125 devices are not updating the temperature they are set to or the room temperature. Some update the room temperature but not the current set point. All very strange.

After a reboot of HA everything was fine again.

I have 10 here is a sample of one that is working and two that are not. My Neviweb ones are called Web and the Gateway direct ones are called GT125.

After restarting HA everything was fine again. This is the first time I have seen this issue and yesterday I updated to a new version of the gateway plugin you released so I am wondering if that is somehow an issue.

The latest update of the sinope-GT125 was just to remove the old hassbian path which is no longer used. If your file sinope_devices.json is located in config/.storage/ it should be loaded. With the old Hassbian the path was /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant.
Your log should tell you more about the problem.

Best of the season to you.
I don’t know what the problem was but I do know the symptom.
The Neviweb connection was working fine. But some thermostats via GT125 did not show the correct current room temperature. And when I updated them or changed a temperature via even HomeKit that was sending it through HA to the GT125 the change would show on the Neviweb web site but NOT show in the internal copy of that thermostat in HA in HA dashboard wasn’t getting updated. (Even after waiting 10+ min).

Since restarting HA this morning I haven’t seen a problem. So maybe it was just HA being buggy.