Sinope Line Voltage Thermostats

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Neviweb is not loading anymore and getting me this error after I did the latest home assistant core upgrade last night. How do I fix this?

I just got some more detailsā€¦ Hopefully this is helpful.

My GT125 integration is still working fine. It is just my Neviweb that has went south.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:416
First occurred: 10:17:59 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:17:59 AM

Error during setup of component neviweb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 416, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/neviweb/__init__.py", line 78, in setup
    data = NeviwebData(hass_config[DOMAIN])
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/neviweb/__init__.py", line 102, in __init__
    self.neviweb_client = NeviwebClient(username, password, network, network2)
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/neviweb/__init__.py", line 133, in __init__
    self.__post_login_page()
  File "/config/custom_components/neviweb/__init__.py", line 156, in __post_login_page
    raise PyNeviwebError("Cannot log in")
custom_components.neviweb.PyNeviwebError: Cannot log in

Ya, they have a fix ready to be pushed but you can manually edit your init.py file yourself and reboot HAss and it will work. Change line 215 (see attached). It worked for me!

neviweb

1 Like

My 215 is not the same.

Found itā€¦ that worked.
Thanks

I guess that file isnā€™t the same for everyone as it was line 150 for me.

Sadly not everyone is going to have the skills to edit that file. So hopefully a patch come soon for this.

Ah, maybe itā€™s different depending on the device, but glad you found the line to edit. And for those who canā€™t figure out how to edit, letā€™s hope they donā€™t have to wait too long.

We will have to update too but itā€™s just gonna over write the file with the change that we made. So the update for us isnā€™t going to do anything special except change the version number. That is of course, there arenā€™t other updates included that we havenā€™t been told about.

It maybe more complex if everyone has different files.
If the file is built based on your devices (I have 10 old school web thermostats). If that impacts the files they may need to be rebuilt by a script or something.

If it was a trivial fix I guess they would have released it already.

Sorry I was on vacation away from my computer. The login bug is fixed for both neviweb130 and the old neviweb. I just push two releases to fix them.
Itā€™s the same fix but on different lines numbers for each custom_components.
This is an emergency fix and Iā€™ll improve this weekend to have better log in case SinopĆ© make another change in his API.

Thanksā€¦ to both you and @ColtonYYZ for the fixes.

Thanks @claudegel! Hope you enjoyed your vacation! :slight_smile:

Thanks to you for your fix. I was unable to connect to my server because the hotel wifi was blocking the dynamic DNS Iā€™m using to connect locally via my VPN.
Now I have to explore all the changes SinopƩ did on the Neviweb server.

No no, it wasnā€™t me who fixed it. I read about the fix on github when someone raised the issue and made the correction on my file and it worked. @lamungu submitted the fix. :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s the link.

Donā€™t want to take credit for something I didnā€™t do! hehe

I only meant to say thanks to you for showing me how to fix it. :slight_smile:

Hello,

Firstly, thanks to Claude for doing all this, Iā€™ve been reading the last hour trying to understand what I need to do :slight_smile:

New to the HA community and the HA software itself. Iā€™ve been a Sinope user for a few years now and just became annoyed with them enough in the last week to jump into installing HA, haha.

Iā€™ve got a GT130 hub with a few TH1123ZB_G2ā€™s, a TH1400ZB and, last week, added an MC3100ZB w/floor sensor wire running outside the house.

I would like to use the external sensor on the MC3100 to supply the outside temperature on my GT130 connected thermostatsā€¦ is this possible? If I read correctly, I believe its possible if the GT130 is NOT connected to Neviweb ā€¦ but what if it is connected?

@brettf , welcome to HA, with the GT130 you have installed the neviweb130 custom_component. With this setup the outside temperature is provided by SinopƩ via Neviweb. Until now there is no way to send our temperature to those thermostats. You can only decide what to send to the second display, setpoint or outside temperature from Neviweb.
If you install a zigbee gateway like Conbee II or HA sky connect it is possible to switch all your zigbee devices to local control on HA via ZHA or Z2M and this way send local temperature to the second display on your thermostats. You can leave your MC3100ZB on Neviweb or connect it locally and get the outside temperature from your floor sensor. That temperature can be sent to all your local zigbee thermostats display.
It would be nice to be able to keep or device on Neviweb and the GT130 but be able to send our local temperature instead of the one we get from Neviweb. Better precision for outside temperature. Iā€™ll ask SinopĆ© to see if there is a possibility to send our temperature. If yes Iā€™ll work to implement this.

1 Like

Thank you for the informationā€¦ I will look into the other options youā€™ve suggested, and keep my fingers crossed that Sinope will let you implement the simplest fix of the options :slight_smile: