Skip 0.55.1 - go directly to 0.55.2

The bug that was introduced with 0.55.1, causing HassIO to fail to start, has been addressed in 0.55.2.

The release announcement should be out shortly, but it has been released.

1 Like

Was about to make a thread called ā€œFrom 55.0 to 55.1 and backā€.
Oh man the emotions I went trough because the only error from ā€˜hassio homeassistant checkā€™ was Parse error: Invalid Numeric Literal at line 1 column 23.
I will patiently wait for 55.2 then.

Cheers!

When 55.2 arrive, how do i update to that version?

1 Like

something I would like to know also, how do you update if you donā€™t have access to hass.io after installing 0.55.1

3 Likes

What I did was in ssh ā€œhassio host rebootā€ to reboot the pi.
Then I tried to restart hassio, which didnā€™t work.
After that I issued ā€œhassio homeassistant updateā€
This took some time. A restart after the update failed again, so I did another reboot of the host (raspberry pi)
When he pi was back online I could initiate a new ssh-session.
I started my browser again a tried several times to access the home page of hassio, after a couple of minutes it worked .
My version is now 0.55.0 again.

This worked for me. Maybe I was just lucky

canā€™t even ssh into it, connection refused

So exactly how do I fix this if I canā€™t SSH into hassio?

Exact same procedure I did and Iā€™m back at 0.55.0.

Try a hard reboot thenā€¦

Rollback procedure when not having the SSH add-on running:

• Generate an SSH private/public key pair (you can google that)
  • Place the SD card into your computer
  • Place the contents of your public key file into a file called ā€˜authorized_keysā€™ on the root of the SD card
  • Eject the SD card, place it back into your Raspberry PI
  • Boot the device
  • Connect to your device using root as username, 22222 as the port and ensure your generated private key is used for authentication
  • Once you are in, execute the following command:
    curl -d '{"version": "0.55"}' http://172.30.32.2/homeassistant/update
  • Wait till it returns ā€œOKā€. Please be sure to wait, this could take 10 minutes.
  • Wait a little more
  • Done.
3 Likes

Thanks. I got SSH to work. I did hassio homeassistant update and got this message:

core-ssh:~# hassio core-ssh:~# hassio homeassistant update
core-ssh:~# API error:
-ash: API: not found
core-ssh:~#

From the SSH add-on you need to run the following command:

curl -d '{"version": "0.55"}' http://hassio/homeassistant/update

1 Like

call first hassio supervisor reload to fetch the version from server. After that you can use hassio homeassistant update

from ssh
hassio supervisor reload
hassio homeassistant update
ā€“ will update to 0.55.2
hassio host reboot
ā€“ give it a couple of minutes to reload and then try frontend

worked for me now all running fine again

1 Like

Iā€™m using Docker with the solution described here:

Iā€™ve never got the ā€œhassioā€ command to work, is it docker attach I should use?

So, it doesnā€™t look like I can use the instructions from this thread, right?

I found a solution for Docker users.

I was trying this:
$ sudo docker attach hassio_supervisor

And got this:
[hassio.dock.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant with version 0.55.1

So I tried this:
$ sudo docker pull homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant

And the update seems to fix the problem.

Iā€™m using docker on Ubuntu, and just did a pull of the latest release, and all is good again. On 0.55.2 and all is functioning well.

docker pull homeassistant/home-assistant

This created a new docker image but itā€™s alongside my other ones. How do I tell HASSIO to use the new image?

EDIT: Iā€™m trying the pull request again using the existing imageā€™s name.

EDIT 2: Okay, that worked!

To anyone else that has the same problem as me:

I connected to my Ubuntu box via SSH and executed this to see what my image was named:

docker images

Then I executed the pull request using the exact same name as the existing image:

docker pull homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant

1 Like

Resinos doesnā€™t boots up. It stucks at splash screen. I need to recover my configs.

Thank you! That worked for me running a stuck HASSIO 0.55.1 and upgrading to 0.55.2. I appreciate it

EDIT: More details: I couldnā€™t log into HASSIO by https, my automations stopped working, and my log file on Samba Share was stuck at 4:30 pm on Oct 16, no matter how many times I rebooted via SSH or reset my router/modem/pi. I used PuTTY to log into HASSIO and check the log file there, to find an error (canā€™t remember the exact error) that I used to search for this topic. After upgrading using the above instructions, I can log in again, my automations work again and my Samba Share log file is updating again.