SkyConnect Not Finding Aqara Devices

Installed a new Skyconnect (SC) a few days ago, migrating from a Sonoff Zigbee stick…and nothing but trouble since.

For a couple of days now many sensors, mainly Aqara, have become unavailable. I waited to see if they came back on but they didn’t so I have tried to re-pair (while the device was still in the ZHA device list) but that didn’t work, as the SC wasn’t finding them.

So I deleted 2 of the unavailable sensors and tried to re-pair that way, but the SC is still not finding them!!!

If there’s an issue with HA you can raise an issue on GitHub but…where the hell do you go to raise an issue with the SkyConnect?

I bought it, simply to support the whole HA/Nabu Case project but I’m seriously regretting it now seeing as I have 16 or so sensors that are unusable, unless I could maybe migrate back to the Sonoff. But I’d prefer to stick with the SkyConnect though it doesn’t appear to be fit for purpose yet.

I’m having the same problem with all of my aqara devices. Even with an extra long USB cable I still can’t get them to connect. Conbee stick had no problems. Talk about buyer’s remorse.

1 Like

I’ve even been and bought 2 Innr zigbee plugs and 2 Tradfri repeaters to try and improve the zigbee mesh but still no luck in re-pairing the Aqara sensors.

I’ve also now spotted that it’s not just Aqara. I have some Hue dimmers that are ‘Unavailable’.

Think it’s time to go back to the Sonoff, at least for now.

I bit the bullet and decided to migrate back to my Sonoff co-ordinator…and it worked.
And, ALL devices are now available again.

Think I’ll wait until the Skyconnect is more stable after a couple more updates then try it again.

Just adding that I had the same issue and also migrated back to the Sonoff radio. Wish i would have searched the forums before migrating!

I migrated back to the SkyConnect for about a month now, but selected channel 25 instead of the default channel 15, and had no problems…apart from Aqara door and window sensors but they are known to be problematic even on a Sonoff.

I got the same issue. It was my first ZigBee experience. So, in addition to SkyConnect I bought 2 Aqara door/window sensors. Channel 25 was set by default. I tried to connect both sensors with the SkyConnect stick but nothing happened. Then I replaced stock USB cable with a longer one. No luck again. I left my attempts to connect these sensors for a couple of days. Finally, after two days I tried again and both sensors paired with no problem. It’s weird because no changes were made. I didn’t even change the SkyConnect location. It’s been five days already. So far both sensors work good.

1 Like

I am very disappointed in Sky Connect. I bought it as a way to support the developers of HA and I just needed it to be decent.

Unfortunately, all my Aqara sensors connected to it lose connection sooner or later, it just takes a bit longer for those connected directly to the controller (1-2 weeks instead of 1-2 days).

This is worse than Smartthings, where only the leak sensors would drop. Ok, we know Aqara has some non-standard zigbee implementation, but come on, if Smartthings can make it work since 5 years ago, I was hoping that Sky Connect would do it as well.

1 Like

Maybe a little late to this but anyone facing problems pairing Aqara to Skyconnect. In my case, the temperature and humidity sensor, for some reason i had to keep pressing the pairing button, after the initial 5 sec hold and then home assistant detected the device

Hello @paragnairdev ,

I also have issues with Aqara devices in my skyconnect setup, see this topic where I describe the problem in more detail.
Pairing mostly works, but In my case I have one Aqara temp/humidity sensor that works okay and one that loses connection after some days. I also have four P1 motion sensors, two work fine and two do not.

I am using Raspberry pi 4b, skyconnect, ZHA. I tried a longer usb cable, different zigbee channel, taking out some questionable devices, switched off my 2.4GHz WiFi, but the problem persists.

The non-Aqara devices work reliably:
• ikea light bulbs
• ikea smart plug
• Ikea motion sensor “Vallhorn”
• thirdreality motion sensor

What channel have you set it up on? I changed my channel to 25 in the ZHA configuration. Having said that, this is the first time I am using Skyconnect and Aqara temperature sensors so only time will tell if i lose connections. I am assuming you have enough devices in between which act as repeaters which can help reach devices far from you SkyConnect

I am on Ch23 now. Ch25 before that, no difference. I started with Auto (15).

Routers: I do have some routers but the Aqara P1 motion sensors behave strangely. Even when I stand next to my SkyConnect, pairing won’t work. After restarting the base system (pi 4B) I finally got two Aqara P1 sensors paired that absolutely refused pairing before the restart. However, these sensors typically lose connection within 24 hours and will end up as “unavailable” as shown in the screen shot above.

I think I will go and try to delete all zigbee devices, delete the SkyConnect and unplug it, restart the base system again and start over. See what happens.

o - o - Edit1 (240226) - o - o :
I reverted to Ch25 and now the pairing issues appear to be solved. Also, on Ch23 some devices would not show a “connection line” in the “View network” screen that shows a graphical representation of the zigbee mesh. In other words they appeared to be disconnected / orphans, although they did operate normally for a while. Now that the coordinator is back on Ch25 I do see those lines again.

o - o - Edit2 (240228) - o - o :
Two days on and still all devices work, still ZHA with SkyConnect. This is the first time since I started with HA that the stuff works three days in a row.

Nevertheless, I ordered a Sonoff Dongle-P to try z2m and play with that, and see if that is stable too.