šŸ”¹ slider-entity-row - Add sliders to entities cards

Just updated to version 11 and this is no longer an issueā€“thanks!

since in v104 of groups got changed, any way to get this working for a set of covers?

Did you try the cover group?

@thomasloven need your help!
I tried to do changes in lovelace yaml file to make slider position in center of both buttons but doesnā€™t change at all.then i tried to change in sliderentityrow.js by adding padding or change the height of the slider card but ui doesnt change at all

Iā€™d suggest you put all three of those in a picture-elements card. Then you can place things exactly where youā€™d like. [This] should help.

1 Like

thanks for your reply u mean i should add button card and slider entity card to a picture elements card, sure Iā€™ll give it a try, BTW one more thing I want to ask how can I hide slider for OFF state

Thereā€™s an option for that. Itā€™s in the readme.

1 Like

Is it anyway possible to customize this for all cards?

Great plugin :slight_smile:

A tiny little bug Iā€™ve found is that when toggle: true, hide_when_off: true. When the lights turn on at minimal brightness (some bulbs default to this), the slider doesnā€™t appear.

It seems I have to get close to 5% (slider minimal brightness before turning off at 0%) for the slider to appear.

Try changing step: to something smaller, like 1.

Just tried settings step to 1, still doesnā€™t appear :frowning:

I think I see the problem

Some lights do this because in automation templates, I set brightness to 0 to turn it off. But this means when turning on, it will be lit at minimum brightness but with brightness attribute of 0.

Iā€™m guessing your plug-in hide_when_off options works on the basis if brightness is 0, it must be off?

Iā€™m unsure if this is a HA core bug or plug-in bugā€¦ if light up on, minimal brightness should be 1.

EDIT: Everything working great after upgrading to v0.107! O happy days!! :smiley:

Hey @thomasloven ,

This plugin was just what I was looking for and I managed to get it working just like I wanted when accessing HA on my Mac. My problem is that my goal is to cast my dashboard to a Google Nest Hub, but here my problem appears. The things I have configured in my dash are casting fine, except for slider-entity-row. To be more precise: The master toogle button in the top right corner is working fine, but all of the sliders not so much.

I see that fix #61 states Theoretical support for Home Assistant Cast, but what is the status these days? Are their any special tricks to enable this plugin to cast?

And yes, I am SO buing you coffee if I get this up and running! :slightly_smiling_face:

Here you can see my end result, casted from my Mac to the Google Home Nest. I was supposed to post a picture of it working fine on the same Mac casting this, but I was not aloud by the forum rulesā€¦
(Please donā€™t mind that I havenā€™t removed the plastic on the display yet. Iā€™m keeping my option open to return the Nest if I donā€™t get it to work as desired.)
IMG_3379

The plugin looks really nice but I canā€™t get the slider to work on a group or multiple lights. Iā€™m not all that great with the coding :confused:.

What am I missing here?

entities:
  - entities:
      - light.eettafel_1_2
      - light.eettafel_2
      - light.eettafel_3
    head: light.keuken_lamp_1_2
    name: Keuken
    type: 'custom:fold-entity-row'
type: entities

How Do I input the slider here?

Hi all,
I canā€™t get the slider entity row nice in the button card
When i set full row to true, the slider knob is placed at the right side of the button and i can not operate it
I followed the example on github, what am i doing wrong?
Kind regards

Hi,

Since Core 0.107 the layout of the slider-entity-row (brightness percentage has a issue:
Knipsel

4 Likes

Same here. I sthere already a solution?

How can I get to see the up/stop/down buttons and the slider?
And can they be on the same row?

1 Like

Hello there,

Is is possible to select the attribute to be controlled by the slider via a template? For example, if I have a RGBW light, I would like the slider to control brightness when its RGB is on, and white_value when the white channel is on.

Thanks
Tales

Yep, same issue here. But only on one device (tablet). The whole switch is behind another card.
@thomasloven is there a fix to this? The slider doesnā€™t appear to be scaling correctly for different width cards.

With the last update of slider-enity-row itā€™s now working for me.