Slow operation following update 2023.9.0

Good morning
I think this is the first time I’ve come to you!

I have a problem with very slow speed on my PC (Chrome browser) with the 2023.9.0 update. this slowness is so much that when I change pages on my dashboard for example I can wait almost 60s whereas this is not the case with the previous version 2023.8.4

As it stands, I understand very well that you will have difficulty helping me, but how and what information do you need to help me on the subject?

thanks a lot for your help

My installation (Proxmox VM 64Go / 6Go / 6 Thread) :

System Information

version core-2023.8.4
installation_type Home Assistant OS
dev false
hassio true
docker true
user root
virtualenv false
python_version 3.11.4
os_name Linux
os_version 6.1.45
arch x86_64
timezone Europe/Paris
config_dir /config
Home Assistant Community Store
GitHub API ok
GitHub Content ok
GitHub Web ok
GitHub API Calls Remaining 4993
Installed Version 1.32.1
Stage running
Available Repositories 1298
Downloaded Repositories 115
Home Assistant Cloud
logged_in true
subscription_expiration 13 décembre 2023 à 01:00
relayer_connected true
relayer_region eu-central-1
remote_enabled true
remote_connected true
alexa_enabled true
google_enabled false
remote_server eu-central-1-3.ui.nabu.casa
certificate_status ready
can_reach_cert_server ok
can_reach_cloud_auth ok
can_reach_cloud ok
Home Assistant Supervisor
host_os Home Assistant OS 10.5
update_channel stable
supervisor_version supervisor-2023.08.3
agent_version 1.5.1
docker_version 23.0.6
disk_total 62.3 GB
disk_used 13.5 GB
healthy true
supported true
board ova
supervisor_api ok
version_api ok
installed_addons ESPHome (2023.8.3), Samba share (10.0.2), Dropbox Sync (1.3.0), Samba Backup (5.2.0), Node-RED (14.4.5), Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.111.1), Studio Code Server (5.10.1), SQLite Web (3.9.2), MQTT Explorer (browser-1.0.1), File editor (5.6.0), Shortumation (v0.7.6)
Dashboards
dashboards 9
resources 89
views 100
mode storage
Recorder
oldest_recorder_run 1 septembre 2023 à 14:30
current_recorder_run 8 septembre 2023 à 09:06
estimated_db_size 933.36 MiB
database_engine sqlite
database_version 3.41.2

It’s been noted by others:

I have not installed it yet so :man_shrugging:

Edit: I have now updated HAOS 9.1, OS 10.5. No change in my experience with the front end. (x86, HAOS with browser Safari or Chrome)

Good evening

First of all, thank you for your feedback, I was able to watch the exchanges a little.
But…

I just updated to 2023.9.1 hoping to see the latency and strong slowdown on the navigation of my Home Assistant disappear so it’s nothing at all.

So I created 2 VMs on proxmox (6vCPU and 6GB of Ram)
On a VM I put HAOS in version 10.5
On the second VM I put HAOS in version 10.4

I compared the two without any particular addition of integration or anything else!
The identical elements on the two installations SAMBA, MariaDB and phpMyAdmin

A latency is visible on version 10.5 and it is more obvious in the reboot.

Then I plugged my Mosquitto into the two VMs (233 devices and 1900 entities).
I observe the same latency between the two VMs!
when I check the configuration on the VM with HAOS 10.5 I have the result in green after 7 seconds on the VM HAOS 10.4 it’s instantaneous!

In short I know that it is not a computer research but I am not a computer scientist just tests of uses, recipes etc…
But for me version 10.5 strongly degrades my environment which is very demanding in terms of devices, integration and database of around 1.8 GB

I can confirm I too am experiencing huge slowness of the front end, in some circumstances it is crashing my entire Proxmox host.

Some kind of memory leak?

Do you have any automated backups running?

I noticed a couple of crashes of my HAOS instances this morning mid-backup. I’ve temporarily disabled it until I can investigate further. All I can confirm is that the CPU utilisation for the process hassio_supervisor was at 100% for some time before HAOS restarted.

During this, the front end was very slow to respond.

Nope, no automated backups.

But super slow frontend. It’s like every time I open the app after it’s been left for a while, if I leave it open for a while then its super snappy again, close it leave and reopen it, slow again and have to wait.

I have automated backups running in Proxmox, but not HA.

Any updates from any of you? My frontend has become slow and “laggy.” No clear reason why, though similar setup on Proxmox here. No crashes, however.

Any one has a problem with HA 2023.10.1? After upgrade I have very slow response frontend and also connected entities (when I press button I get light after about 60s).

Same here!

• Mobile app responds slowly
  • Aqara devices take a couple of seconds to respond (which is annoying when I descend into a dark basement)

I too experiencing slow entities update, operations and very slow camera streaming after update HA 2023.10.1.In this update it looks very slow frond end.
Hope in next update, HA team will rectify this very soon.
Thank you

Mine seems to have got to normal after restarting proxmox (I ran HAOS in a VM inside proxmox) and rebooting the VM again after that (no clue at all).

Anyway, rolling back updates (including addons) should be a MUST and a TOP PRIORITY in a software that should be designed to run 24/7. It’s kind of weird that a third party addon as HACS allows that while the official software doesn’t.

Voice is not that important if you don’t have stability, RBAC and some other basic things.

1 Like