SMA Energy Meter in Home Assistant

@Nicko1 I have it (see picture)

The sensors called pv_power_ are the power generated on the DC side (the solar panels itself), the AC result will be different due to transformation losses etc.
For my current inverter, I have a sensor called ‘grid_power’, which is the results on the AC side. Yours is probably called differently as my inverter is not a battery enabled one.

As I’m using the SMA integration, I have create a PR to expose the correct value.

1 Like

@phdelodder I tried all setting possibilites for SMA integration without success.
That is why I follow another thread of this forum for bringing SMA Energy Meter to work. It connects somehows to the device, but I can not see data.
Maybe my MQTT is uncorrectly configured.

What type of setup do you have, for example I have SUNNY TRIPOWER 6.0 SE and it’s currently not supported. There is an open PR (Bump pysma to 0.7.1 by rklomp · Pull Request #80601 · home-assistant/core · GitHub) to support it.

@phdelodder I have Sunny Tripower 5000SL, 7 year old.
Do you use MQTT broker?

No I don’t use the MQTT Broker I use the SMA integration.

Hoa can you setup a MQTT connection for SMA EM?

Hi all
after using MQTT now I can see data from SMA Energy Meter Add-on in its log file.
My questions:

1. How can I setup MQTT Explorer for seeing them in MQTT Explorer?
  2. How can do to use them, e.g. to visualize them in a dashboard as sensor device?
    Thanks

Ok nice job did you set up the user name and password in the configuration tab.
Can you take a screen shot of the log too

You copy and paste the (ADD INTEGRATION) link found in the HA documents.
Its a thing the HA guys added and about a year ago. Nice Huh :slight_smile:

@Nicko1 thanks I did exactly as you mentioned but get error (see below)
Screenshot from 2022-10-28 09-45-01

can you take a shot of the Add-on page please

thanks. It works now by me after long debuging

Any news on SMA-meter? It is not finding my HM2 meter, even though the MQTT-broker is “seeing” it.
I have tried all that I can think of, but it is not working anymore. Not sure, I had it up and running on first try and soon after the update came along. Got side tracked with GLOW (cool but not for installations that put power back into the grid. GLOW has no way of knowing in which direction the juice is flowing).

Is there someplace I can get older versions of SMA-meter? Could not find any…

I am pretty new to all this and really, really want the data from my HM2. SMA-meter worked for a moment, can’t revive it!!! NODE-RED is something I have absolutely no clue about, should I invest time in trying to get this to work with NODE-RED? Does this even still work with the newest HA version?

Got GLOW up and running, but that can’t tell if your giving or taking… So if you have a usage value of “1234” it could be consumption or feed in.

MQTT-broker is “seeing” my HM2, so that is on the plus side!!

Got it working, see here.

Do you think I can use the SMA Energy Meter on its own to measure consumption, without any other SMA products? I thought of this product because Home Assistant handles it, it doesn’t have Wi-Fi and you don’t have to bother with ModBus. (I don’t even understand it.)
Later there will definitely be a solar panel, inverter, car charger.

Hello,

the application is not receiving any data from the SMA EM. MQTT is set. HA, SMA Tripower and Sunny Island are on the same switch.

Whats going on here?

INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: u1
INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: p1consume
INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: p1consumecounter
INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: p2consume
INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: p2consumecounter
INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: p3consume
INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: p3consumecounter
INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: pconsume
INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: pwrong
INFO:sensors:Unknown sensor: speedwire-version
INFO:sensors:Discover 0/12 sensors on SMA 4294967295

Did you change something in your mqtt? I myself use the integration without any problems. You can download the MQTT Explorer for analysis.