SMA Energy Meter in Home Assistant

Hey all,

has there been any solution on the EM not being recognized?

I have installed MQTT, added a user, added the integration and entered the credentials, tried with and without the Home Manager 2.0 credentials - but it would simply not auto discover the sensors.

And when trying to add the official SMA integration, I getting presented with the question of the owner/installer password which I don’t have. So that integration is not working for me either.

I have a Tripower 10kw, and the the Smart meter 2.0. Both connected via ethernet cable.

I mate I’ve message my password I received from service department.
Try that and see how you go that may help you get the Inverter integration running.

For the Energy meter integration i would start by working out what IP address it is and make sure you can connect to it in a web browser.

So, when I go to the IP of the inverter, I get to this user group and password problem, where I don’t have the password for either the “user” or the “installer”. So I can’t login to the inverter.

When I try to access the ip address of the Home Manager 2.0, I get an error that this page doesn’t work. So there is no way to access it. Read-out of all the data into the app on my phone is no problem though.

I have already sent an Email to the SMA Customer Support, so that they send me the user password for the inverter. But not sure how long that will take.

Edit: after research, it seems I am not even able to use the official SMA integration, because my inverter is not connected via WebConnect.
And I had to disable WebConnect, so I could use the Home Manager 2.0.

Meaning I am back to this MQTT integration, where I am unable to read out the sensors.

Hi everyone,
I would like to thank you all for the suggestions.
I managed to make it work eventually by using the Legacy addon!!
Thanks again to @kellerza and @Nicko1 for your help!!

1 Like

Hi!
Does the SMA Solar integration also manage the SMA Energy Meter?

I wouldn’t say it manages it. But the SMA Solar integration does push out some readings from the SMA Energy Meter.
The SMA Energy Meter Add-on is great because it has 3 different filtered sensors for each reading.

Were you able to add the Home manager 2.0 (connection via ethernet to the home router, as the Inverter) to HA via SMA Solar integration or via the SMA Energy meter add-on?

Mmmm not sure what you mean.
I don’t use the Home Manager 2.0. I use the Energy Meter, so Im properly not the person to ask

I was able to add the Home Manager 2.0 data into HA, using the SMA solar integration. BUT!
You can’t actually connect directly to the Home Manager, but rather, it needs to be linked to an inverter. The integration will then add more sensors from the inverter.

Don’t understood.

For SMA Integration, you added the Inverter AND the Home manager 2.0? Or only of these?

How your HM2.0 is connected to the inverter?
HM2.0 > ethernet LAN > home router + Inverter > ethernet LAN > Home router
HM2.0 > Ethnernet LAN > Inverter

I’ve only added the inverter to HA.

Currently the connection is both the HM2.0 and the inverter connected to my router via separate LAN cables.
That being said, I’m currently awaiting installation of my new SMA tripower bybrid inverter. That one needs to be connected directly to the HM2.0 via the ethernet cable. I assume the setup process is the same for HA, only adding the inverter.

In that case (HM2.0 connected to Inverter Port LAN), you will loosse the ethernet connection of your inverter and HM2.0 to the router, and you could access only by Wifi?

What is your current inverter? A sunny Boy? If I Asked all these questions its because I will install a Sunny boy 6.0 and a HM2.0 (all connected via LAN rather than Wifi if possible), and I wanted to be sure to be able to integrate Inverter and HM2.0 values to HA.

While this is true in most cases, the inverter I’m getting, is actually the new Sunny Tripower Smart Energy, which has 2 ethernet ports, 1 for the HM2.0 and another one for the local network. Basically the same as wifi, just more reliable.

My current inverter is indeed a Sunny Boy 4.0, with a HM2.0. Prior to the installation of the HM2.0, I was only able to get values from the inverter (power produced, total PV yield etc). Now with the HM2.0 (I had to specific this was the energy meter in the Sunny Boy installer configuration), I also get metering values, current draw, active power feed/draw on all 3 phases.

But how connected the sunny boy 4 and the HM2.0? Via Ethernet lan to your router?

Yes, they are both connected directly to the router, not to each other

Just got my setup and I’m trying to create live view like

using custom:power-flow-card

Config:

type: custom:power-flow-card
title: Energie stromen
entities:
  grid:
    consumption: sensor.stp6_0_3se_40_411_metering_power_absorbed
    production: sensor.stp6_0_3se_40_411_metering_power_supplied
  battery_charge: sensor.stp6_0_3se_40_411_battery_soc_total
  battery:
    consumption: sensor.stp6_0_3se_40_411_battery_power_discharge_total
    production: sensor.stp6_0_3se_40_411_battery_power_charge_total
  solar: sensor.pv_power
watt_threshold: 10000

`
Template sensor pv_power:

- name: "PV Power"
    unique_id: "stp6_0_3se_40_411_pv_power"
    device_class: "power"
    unit_of_measurement: W
    state: >-
      {{ 
        states('sensor.stp6_0_3se_40_411_pv_power_a') | float (0) +
        states('sensor.stp6_0_3se_40_411_pv_power_b') | float (0)
      }}

How come the “PV-opwekking” isn’t the same as combining pv_power_a and pv_power_b, can I have a sensor or combine sensors to get to the real solar production like the sunny portal dashboard?

@Nicko1
Hi Nicko, I am also new with HA. I use the SMA Energy Meter too.
After installing SMA Add-on I have no possibility to see any live data (current delivered power etc)
In Automation, I can see only 3 formal information (see my picture).
What should I do now? Thanks

Hi Thanh-Binh
Looks like you have not installed the MQTT integration MQTT - Home Assistant
try that and see how you go.

Hi @Nicko1
how do you have a links to my Home Assistant?
Thanks