SMA Energy Meter in Home Assistant

Hey guys
First of all thank you for this plugin. I have SMA STP7000 and home manager2 and to get my solar power and etc I followed instructions from chris_ka (node red flows etc)
I found this couple days ago so I’m trying this plugin and I got it working but is there actual description of what each FIELD is? Which one is actual solar generation?

Hi my SMA energy addon worked till the last update.
I tried also the dev version but i have this error.
How can i fix it?
Thank you in advance

i tried everything and i found that the serial should be inside square brakets and inside commas.
But i still have no data.

Hi Macnug have you all ways had a IP address for the MQTT HOST
Im using core-mosquitto

1 Like

Hi Jerry
This add-on is only for the SMA Energy Meter
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 8.50.02 am

Hi,
i tries also with core-mosquitto but i have always the same issue, no values.
Here the log

Thank you Nick. I have restored my HA to older version so I have everything working. I will have to update and start everything from scratch I guess

1 Like

I managed to get the sma Sunny Tripower integration up&running and data is read from the device. But now I want to add the daily_yield parameter to the energy - Solar Production Config, but he parameter is not listed. How can I get the parameter listed in the screen?

Hi @krism23
The energy Solar production config works best with a sensor.yield that does not reset daily.
HA will manage the reset for you.
Im using the sensor.total_yield entity for solar production.

frenck

Sensor providing total works the best, however, sensors that reset can be used too, if they provide the right information.

If the sensors show up in the lists, they report themselves as capable of doing that and should be usable.

So the answer: If you are able to add them, they should work as expected, no matter how they work.

hope this helps

Didn’t know that HA handles the reset. Happy now :slight_smile:

Hi All,

I have an SMA TriPower + SMA Home Manager 2.0
Just installed the SMA Energy Meter by Kellerza. Setup MQTT Server.

What topics do I tell it to listen to for the inverter/smart meter? I cant see where I set that in the SMA Dev add-on. (I believe this is where i’m stuck) EDIT: No need to add anything, it will just work.

As I’m using the Home Manager 2.0 - so there’s no HTTP/S access to either inverter or HM2 itself on LAN - its all via sunnyportal.com.

The MODBUS server is not running, port scan on 502 for the LAN IP of both devices doesn’t show as open - and I cannot see how I can turn it on at all.

I’m assuming this plugin somehow captures the packets from the Home Manager as they are sent to the cloud platform and re-sent to the MQTT for this to function basically.

I have the add-ins installed, customised logins and started the services.
MQTT(Add-on/Broker) Server is running, but I’m not getting any info on the device/s.
Debug mode is on but i cant see anything on the MQTT Server.

This one didn’t pickup any new devices once installed.

EDIT: Potentially fixed, error with MQTT User.

Now poling “SMA-EM”

pconsumecounter_max = 25504.0
pconsume = 0.0
u1 = 241.2
frequency = 50.0
ssupply = 5809.9
sconsume = 0.0
qsupply = 760.5
qconsume = 0.0

Nice work so your now connected?

Hi everyone,
I’m new to Home Assistant system and I was trying to integrate my SMA Energy Meter,
but I keep failing. I can see the meter through my browser enetiring it’s IP address, but I can’t make it work using the SMA Solar integration provided.
I have a few questions like:

1. Should I put only the IP address in the “Host” field or http://IP ? (sorry if it’s a dum
    question)
  2. What password should I put in? (the password of Home Assistant, the password of my wifi network, the password of the PV plant, or a new password)

Thank you so much in advance for your time!
(And sorry again if those are dum questions )

1 Like

Hi jack
This post is for SMA energy meter not the sma inverter … so which device are you trying to add to HA
This is a photo of the device for this post

Hi Nick,
Yes, the device I’m trying to add is the the SMA energy meter in the image

Ok
first you need to install Mosquitto broker from the supervisor tab and the add-on store. Set this up with a user name and password. Restart HA
Then you need to go to Supervisor and the Add-on store and search for SMA energy meter and install that. Enter your mosquito user name and password in the SMA EM configuration tab
Reboot and HA should Auto discover your SMA EM , shown in the integrations page.
I’ll send you some pics tomorrow If you need anymore info
Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for your help, I will try that! Thanks again!

Nick
I just had a look at your post. It seems simple enough. However when I log into my energy meter I have no option for any mqtt settings. I can only configure user or installer. I have asked SMA for any firmware upgrade - just in case that would unlock the option.
Pat

Ok Have a look at theses screen shots to check your on the right track

@Patraff you don’t login to the EM and you don’t need to do anything to the EM.
Home assistant with Auto discover the SMA EM