SMA Energy Meter in Home Assistant

Nick,
this is what I see when I try to add the integration.
SMA

I know the ip of the energy meter. I canā€™t bypass the user password option at the bottom and I canā€™t login with my normal installer or user details that I can with the two inverters.

I have two sunny boy inverters. Different ages. Both accessible by ethernet. As is the energy meter.
The energy meter looks like this.

Hi @Patraff
Iā€™ll explain again that screen shot you have provided is not! for the SMA EM. That is the SMA SunnyBoy inverter Integration.
The EM is a Add-on.
The EM add-on works great with the new HA energy page once its setup

Follow these steps carefully along with the screen shots Ive provided

first you need to install Mosquitto broker from the supervisor tab and the add-on store. Set this up with a user name and password. Restart HA
Then you need to go to Supervisor and the Add-on store and search for SMA energy meter and install that. Enter your mosquito user name and password in the SMA EM configuration tab
Reboot and HA should Auto discover your SMA EM , shown in the integrations page.
Iā€™ll send you some pics tomorrow If you need anymore info
Hope that helps.

Nick,
I just looked in devices and I see my three SMA products? Maybe the integration is trying to contact one of the inverters as a device? I will dump them all and see how I go with a restart. You reckon that could be it?

Have you installed this Add-on

Nick
mate thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to do. When I attempt it takes me to that login screen.

You have somehow added the EM to the integration.
That integration is for inverters only not EM
I would delete the EM from that list
AND install the Add-on
try that and see how you go

Nick,
Iā€™ve obviously got something going wrong here. This is where I am trying to add the integration from.
sma add integration
Then when I click on the arrow I get that same login screen with only user and installer.
Do I have to change some inverter settings?
many thanks for your time - in the end it is likely going to be something simple

Iā€™m wondering if the unifi integration is holding onto some link to the entities and this is upsetting the add-on?

well I donā€™t think the ubiquiti integration was an issue. Iā€™m still getting that same logon screen when trying to add the integration.
Pat

@Patraff do you have Home Assistant OS? Or just Home Assistant Core

• Core only has ā€œIntegrationsā€
  • OS is the complete OS. It runs Core & allows you to run other docker containers called ā€œAdd Onsā€

Try adding the repository through this link ā€“ will only work for HASS OS. Then follow @Nicko1 's screenshots

1 Like

I had a look this morning and realised my stupid error. I have found the add-on and grabbed the repository. Iā€™ll have a go now.
Nick - apologies for wasting your time.
It all works wonderfully
Pat

All good mate weā€™ve all been there before.

Thanks,
Iā€™ve now got to work out which of the config fields in need and what they mean in real terms. I have the grid feed in sensor sorted. It is sensor psupply. I am trying to locate the power consume but psupply does not appear to show any data?
Do you just put all the sensors in and look at each in real time to see whatā€™s what?
Pat

Hi @Patraff

FIELDS:

Nick
I guess it will take a bit of observation of my sunnyportal figures versus what I am getting through the SMA add-on sensors. Thanks heaps
Pat

Hi

@Nicko1 you donā€™t have to set last_reset since we started using total_increasing - New sensor state class: total_increasing | Home Assistant Developer Docs

@Patraff if you have a wiring diagram of your install you should be able to see where the sensors measure. From left to right is 1/2/3 and then the sensors without a number is the total of 1+2+3. The sensors with ā€˜counterā€™ in the name is the energy sensors Nick shows above. Remember after you add them it takes a couple of hours to show data in the Energy panel

1 Like

Yep - Edited to advise my error and ntoes :slight_smile: im not the last one whoā€™ll make a typo.