SMA Solar Integration

Hello Ben,

One question: you can connect to the inverter via SMA Solar Integration?
If so what entities are visible at Configuration - Entities - Search: SMA Solar? Which values / units are there?

Frank

Hello Frank,

No, tried every option to connect locally but since an update this summer the SMA Solar integration is not working anymore (user, installer, SSL on/off etc, nothing works) so currently only the modbus workaround is an sort of an option for me at this moment. As said with this the sma_power entity works well on a card, but not on the energy screen. I created a sensor interation for sma_power but this one shows negative values

1 Like

Hi all, I noticed my sensor.daily_yield is not the same as the sunny portal shows as the yield of the day. Also, there is an entity “total_yield” and “pv_gen_meter”, that are almost the same and I think are meant as the same numbers. Anyone can tell me more about it?

Did you fix this problem? Stumbling on the same problem in a new environment.

Hi Mathieu,

No, I did not find a solution yet. It should not be that hard to fix this since it worked fine before august this year…

In my case the modbus workaround isn’t even working…

modbus:
  - type: tcp
    name: sma
    host: 192.168.2.28    # use the ip address for your inverter as mentioned in the text
    port: 502                # use the port you saw in sunny explorer
    close_comm_on_error: true
    delay: 5
    timeout: 5
    sensors:
      - name: AccumulatedPower
        unit_of_measurement: W   # see register description in section 5.4.1 of the document
        slave: 2                   # use the UnitID you found in Sunny Explorer
        address: 30233            # use a register from section 5.4.1 of the document
        input_type: input       # all registers starting with 3 need to have the type input
        count: 2   
      - name: TotalEnergy
        unit_of_measurement: Wh
        slave: 2
        address: 30513
        input_type: input
        count: 4  
      - name: PVFeedIn
        unit_of_measurement: W
        slave: 2
        address: 30775
        input_type: input
        count: 2

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-30 om 12.03.10

Hi all, my first post here.

I’ve seen that a lot of you are struggling with SMA integration so I’ll post here how I integrated two different SMA solar plants (one at my place with SMA Data manager, custom BControl EML300LR energy meter, SMA TPL25 and one at fathers place SMA Home Manager 2.0 and two SMA inverters).

Install https://peyanski.com/how-to-install-home-assistant-community-store-hacs/ HACS
Within HACS install GitHub - CJNE/ha-sunspec: Home Assistant customcomponent for SunSpec modbus devices

My place (BControl energy meter + SMA inverter):
For BControl and inverter (please enable modbus on it)
Add both via Sunspec (try slaves 1,2,3,126. For me BCcontrol is 1, and inverter is 126)

You will see sensors working out of the box

Father’s place (SMA Home Manager 2.0, SMA inverters)
(since Home manager does not support modbus, you need to have a special integration for it)
Install and configure MQTT like here htt[REMOVE]ps://learn.adafruit.com/set-up-home-assistant-with-a-raspberry-pi/mqtt-setup
Install ht[REMOVE]tps://github.com/kellerza/hassio-sma-em (here you’ll want to add sensors you need to the plugin configuration like i2,i3,i1 for the amps per phases etc.)

I had to add [REMOVE] to links since, system won’t let me to add this helpful guide, as I’m a new user.
Please let me know if someone tries without success and I can guide you.

1 Like

Data from BControl and SMA inverter

Thanks @davrog10 for sharing this. I finally managed to add my SMA inverter based on your description!!
Energy-screen

Hello

I have made the integration of my SI4.4M with the Sunspec and with sma integration, but I cannot write parameters to choose when to charge / discharge the battery.
Do you know how it can be done with the Sunspec integration?
So far I have only seen that all the elements are sensors and not writing variables

Thank you

Since December 14, my integration counts the total value as an hourly value at 8:00, on tuesday. Are there other people having this issue? Any pointers how I can fix this?

I have the same problem. It’s not every day, but it’s very enjoying because it messes up all graphs.
I’m trying to figure out what causes it, but no luck.

I nog have installed hass in a VM (previously is was in a docker) with the same configuration and the problem also exists there

an update somebody?

I have the same and now the database is kinda fucked up.
i found out that in the Database the ‘sum’ count is the problem. (i changed the value’s, but it gets back)

if you use this query, u can see the differents with the sum value :
SELECT * FROM “statistics” WHERE metadata_id >=‘xxx’ AND start like ‘2022-01-27 %’
ORDER BY created desc LIMIT 100

So i changed the value’s to what it started but it’s fucked again :

Here u have an screenshot from the DB, so u can see that the sum changes from the real sum (from start 0+usage to all time kwh)

delete entity and reatch, doesn’t work, it stays fucked up :frowning:

ME too
This doesn’t happen every morning only every now and again.
Could it be a disconnect from my inverter or the inverter rebooting.
Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 10.46.30 am

Any Idea how I get the IP-Address/Login & Password of the Installation to connect the sma-Integration to ?

My (german) Configuration consists of 2 SB 3000 TL and one SI 6.0H 643 and the SunnyControl

Might there be some Config-Panels on the SunnyPortal-Website where I can find this Information ?

I hope my Question was not (very) stupid =)

Volker

Hello Volker,

you have to ask your installer for the password. He also knows the ip-adresses.

Frank

I have found a (Web-)Interface called SMA Energy Meter. Is this the one I am looking for ?

yes, at least the Energy meter. you need the same for other compents

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-04 um 11.42.46
This one ? Or the “SMA-Home-Manager” (that has no Web-Interface)