SMA Solar Integration

Hello,

I also have an SMA PV system with two inverters, an energy meter and a home manager.
I would be very happy if someone would explain to me exactly what I have to enter into the SMA integration from which device. There are only a few fields to fill out, but I can’t do it.

The energy meter and the home manager can be found in my network and have an IP.
As far as I know, the inverters communicate via Bluetooth and have no IP.
Eg I use: Sunny Boy 2500TL
By the way: I also have access to the “Sunny Portal” online platform, can I integrate it?

Thanks for any help.

Greeting Werner

Hallo,

ich habe auch eine SMA-PV-Anlage mit zwei Wechselrichtern, einem Energiemeter und einem Homemanager.
Ich würde mich rießig freuen wenn mir jemand erklären würde, was ich genau von welchelm Gerät in die SMA-Integration eintragen muss. Es sind zwar nur wenige Felder auszufüllen, jedoch bekomme ich es nicht hin.

Das Energiemeter und der Homemanger sind in meinem Netzwerk zu finden und haben eine IP.
Die Wechselrichter kommunizieren, soweit ich weiß, per Bluetooth und haben keine IP.
Z.B. verwende ich: Sunny Boy 2500TL
Achso: Ich habe auch Zugriff auf die Online-Plattform “Sunny-Portal”, kann ich diese evtl. einbinden?

Danke für jede Hilfe.

Gruß Werner

Hello Werner,

what is possible from my experience is the integration of the SMA Energy Meter. This is possible via the SMA Solar Integration (SMA Solar - Home Assistant). All i needed was the user | password | and IP adress (host). I uses the setup shown in post #34. But i stoped using the configuration in the configration.yaml. I use the Integration directly. No modbus and what ever is needed.

It is also possible to read the yield of the inverter via Bluetooth. At least this works for me with the Sunny Boy 2500 HF (GitHub - habuild/hassio-addons: Home Assistant addon using SBFspot Bluetooth SMA inverters) [base is a Raspi4 with HassOS.

Frank

1 Like

If you try that with 2 inverters and need help, give me a yell. I haven’t tested it for 2 inverters. I think you can comma, , separate the BT addresses.

Hello,

Thanks for the answers.
HatQT Unfortunately, the Bluetooth version is too complex for me.
trop I tried - unfortunately without success. Tried the combinations: user 0000 with password 1234 and user 1111 with password 5678.
I always get the message “Connection failed”.

Greeting Werner

Hallo,

danke für die Antworten.
HatQT Die Bluetooth-Variante ist mir leider zu aufwendig.
tropfen Habe ich versucht - leider ohne Erfolg. Habe die Kombinationen versucht: Benutzer 0000 (user) mit Passwort 1234 und Benutzer 1111 (installer) mit Passwort 5678 .
Es kommt immer die Meldung “Verbindung fehlgeschlagen”.

Gruß Werner

1 Like

are you sure that the password is correct? Please ask the installer. And do not publish passwords here. Does the password allow access via browser?

bist du sicher das das Passwort korrekt ist? Bitte den Installateur danach fragen. Und Passwörter nicht hier veröffentlichen. Geht mit den Passwörtern der Zugriff via Browser?

So the energy meter has no browser interface. I got the user data from the internet / user manual. Unfortunately, my installer can’t remember.
I solved it like this now:

Greeting Werner

Hello all,

the new SMA Tripower SE (Smart Energy) do not work with the integration. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Best regards

2 Likes

I have several SB inverters and use this integration to track energy produced. I occasionally have issues with one of the inverters not starting up in the morning due to too low a Insulation Resistance value.

I would like to add tracking that value to my Grafana dashboard I created for my SMA inverters, but that sensor is not currently part of this integration. I put in a feature request and one of the developers added it to the following branch:

He told me to “checkout the branch and test with example.py”.

Does anyone have any tips on what the steps would be to do that?

Thanks!

The solution was to just run this on any linux host:

git clone -b isolation_resistance https://github.com/rklomp/pysma.git
cd pysma
python3 example.py

You may to install pip and a couple of other things, but it will prompt you to do so if that is the case.

Thanks

Don’t understand all yours connections? Which ethernet cable connected from what to what?
Thanks in advance

The SMA EM is connected via an ethernet cable to my local LAN switch. The SMA inverter is also connected via an ethernet cable to the same local LAN switch. The LAN switch is connected to the internet gateway / local LAN dhcp server.

Ok thanks. How did you connect the inverter AND the EM to HA. SMA intégration *2?

I used the HA build-in SMA integration and used only the inverter IP address.
The SMA EM is automatically detected and added by the inverter.

Did you used the user or installer account for the SMA integration?

I used the ‘user’ login with ssl enabled and ssl verification disabled

Do you confirm that all sensor and values coming from the Energy meter are well integrated in HA? I ask the question because some guys installs the SMA energy meter addon to integrate these values via MQTT into HA.

I see the Energy Meter in the Inverter config. It is added via speedwire.
From my SMA SB 4.0 i can get the values ‘SB4.0-1AV-41 204 metering_power_absorbed’ and ‘SB4.0-1AV-41 204 metering_power_supplied’. These are the actual power in and power out (from/to the grid). This info must come from the Energy Manager.

In the SMA config I can also see the total power out and in, but the SMA integration is only providing total power in. I didn’t look into that any further bacause, in my case I use for the total grid in and out values, the ‘official’ meter data from the energy company via the P1 interface.

Hi Werner
did you get the success integration with your SMA?
I have the same problem as you.
In my current experiment, I found I can open this per browser within fritz.box (that means I have to loggin in fritz.box and open SMA Energy Meter).
But it is blocked outside fritz.box. I really do not know.
If you find any solution, please share it with me.
Thanks

Hello,

unfortunately I didn’t find a solution.
I would be happy if someone can help.
The problem with old SMA systems is that they probably don’t run with the integration.

I would be happy to hear from you again.

Greeting Werner

Hello, I would try it with SMA Modbus, there are also contributions here in the forum that could help.

greeting
Boy Stefan