Smart deadbolts, the Australian edition

sounds good. couple of questions… How do you program the codes to access through the keypad? Is it reliable with home assisytant?
Thanks!

The lock has been 100% reliable.
I’ve recently updated my system for the first time in a while ( 0.67 to 0.82 ) and am having trouble with my zwave windows sensors in that they stop responding after a short period of time, but the lock has been rock solid.

I program user codes through the services button under developer tools in Hassio with the service lock.set_usercode

I’ve been looking at the Vision, and from photos it looks like the buttons are made out of rubber or plastic? My lock will be in direct sunlight (north facing), so i’m a bit concerned that the keys will weather/degrade fairly quickly. What is your opinion on the material for the buttons? Do they seem to be high quality?

Hi Brendan,

You are correct, the buttons are hard plastic with a metal surround.

My lock is pretty well shaded so unfortunately I can’t speak to your concern.

As useless as the information may be, indirect sunlight had has no I’ll effects on the lock to date. It must be getting close to 12 months since the lock was installed.

Cheers

1 Like

Some of y’all may be interested in the xiaomi sherlock S2. It’s cheap. Mine is pretty solid. You need to do a few hacks/mods/additions. It fits over your existing lock and isn’t visible from the outside. The thread is here and I’ve summarized some of it here. Xiaomi Sherlock Smartlock

Got off the phone with lockwood,

this is the only [digital] lock they have that complies with NSW fire standards…

strata removed my smart lock and im trying to find a replacement

Import a Yale Lock (Aka buy one through Amazon US) you will save $$$ and they work well. If you a steckler for making sure everything is AU Certified (I’m talking about you ZWave trojans) then buy one with an August WiFi module instead.

Seeing as the Yale Smart Deadlock (YRD256) is now being sold at bunnings - has anyone had any luck integrating it to HA?

I already have a samsung one that I had integrated with HA, but my strata forced me to remove it because its not certified

Which model of samsung door lock you had and is it hard to integrate with HA?

I have three YRD-256, I used with August Connect and the August integration. They work flawlessly. Not sure how zigbee/z-wave modules go.

Shs-3321

I made a custom device with ESPHome !

Cheers, mate.

I took the plunge and ordered a YRD256 w/ Homekit module to start me off, I’ll probably look at dumping a z-wave one in there after I work out if I want to go down the SmartThings/Vera/Aeotec Stick route.

@Olle I’m curious, does the YRD256 work with HA and the Homekit integration?

@Eoin I think I can expose it to HA through this integration https://www.home-assistant.io/components/homekit_controller/ which Basically allows you to add HomeKit devices to HA then feed it back to HK.

The door and lock are getting installed on Friday and I’ve got a dedicated Saturday to get it all figured out. I’ve got some ideas for work arounds if I can’t get it working natively.

I’m using the same integration for my garage door, it works well. Let me know how things work out on the weekend! :slight_smile:

So as it turns out, the YRD256 (with IM1 network module) uses bluetooth, not wifi to communicate with the Apple Home Hub so at this point in time it wont work with the HA’s HomeKit Controller.

I’ve managed to workaround it using an input_boolean that is exposed to HomeKit with a HomeKit Automation triggering the lock everytime the input is turned on or off.

It’s clunky but seems to work well so far, just need to find a way of securing it from HA.

There are clearly different models of the YRD256, because there is a zigbee version and a z-wave version. Never heard of wifi or bluetooth, but there you go.

You can get 3 different types of network modules that connect to either Z-wave, Zigbee or HomeKit (IM1).

I went with the Homekit module as we’re an Apple household and it had higher WAf. This module communicates via bluetooth (LE I think, but not sure) to the hub, which results in Home Assistant not being able to see it.

The added bonus is that the network modules aren’t hardwired and are swappable. This is great as I’m looking to implement Z-Wave before the year is out. The different modules are available direct from Yale/Assa-Abloy for about AU$80.

I was impatient and also bought the IM1 version, completely forgot about the input_boolean trick. Just implemented it and it works perfectly, thx. I now have my first working smart lock! :slight_smile:

1 Like