Smart Doorbell DIY project based on ESP32 (YouTube Video)

Hi, I would like to show you my new project. This is a Doorbell based on ESP32. On my website, I have described step by step how to do it yourself, and where to download all the source files.

https://smartsolutions4home.com/ss4h-sd-smart-doorbell/

There a video version of this tutorial:

20 Likes

This looks absolutely amazing, thank you very much for this great post :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment :slight_smile: I’m glad you like it.

Great implementation, great work… If only it also had a motion sensor i don’t need to look for any other video doorbell anymore :wink:

Maybe you should also sell the soldered and complete version for us soldering handicapped guys.

I really admired the work done, congrats.

Thanks for the constructive comment :slight_smile: The camera can be such a pseudo motion sensor. You can set that when it detects motion, it generates an event and, for example, sends a notification. But it is obviously not as good as the classic PIR sensors. The camera doesn’t work in the dark :wink: With the second version, I will think about the motion detector.

As for the soldered and complete version, I plan to share something like this in some time. I’m waiting for components :slight_smile:

Great project and execution, that plexi panel look ace!

I there much chance for the capacitive button to false trigger when exposed to the elements? - rain etc?

If you ever get to a V2 with IR so the camera works at night then count me in :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Excellent work and thank you so much for sharing!! This looks like what I’ll get into over the holiday weekend!

Thank you! I spent a week on this plexiglass, I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:
As for the false trigger, I haven’t had a problem with that yet, but of course, it can happen. Ideally, the touch button should be moved completely outside the housing. But then it wouldn’t look so neat :wink:

Beautiful execution. I am truly jealous of your skills.

1 Like

Very nice… I’m so tempted to make this, but I think I will wait for your next version with motion detection! :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing this.

In that case, I don’t think I have a choice, I have to make a second revision :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks really slick, gonna save this project.

What did it cost you in total?

Thanks, I haven’t counted the full cost yet.
But I’ll do it

Awesome job; very elegant!

I vote for IR leds as well!

Would you please consider designing a PCB and casing with 3 buttons stacked vertically?
I’m happy to buy it from you.

Would you like to be able to call three different people at home? But they’re all connected to one WiFi, right?

Indeed. We are sharing one house, made up of three apartments. Via a single pfSense router and VLANs everything can be connected.

I just realized, is there/can there be (2 way?) audio? (Oh those annoying people with feature requests​:sweat_smile::see_no_evil:)

1 Like

I encourage you to try to design such a thing yourself :slight_smile: It is incredibly rewarding.
Surely you could handle it.
Take my schematic and modify it accordingly. There are free hobby programs like Fusion360. You can design PCB and 3D enclosure there. And if you have any questions, I will be happy to help you.
You would learn this quickly, I’m sure of it :slight_smile:

Did you submit it to any maker type contest like those on instructables.com. It’s looks amazing thanks for sharing

1 Like

No, should I?
Actually, I don’t know what instructables.com really is. I know this site and used it more than once, but who writes the articles there? Anyone who wants?

Great job, can’t wait to get mine done !