Smart Life (tuya) show wrong temperature

Sorry to come back so quickly. I installed the old Tuya using HACS, deleted the new Tuya, restarted HA but I can’t see how to configure my devices in the old Tuya. There’s nothing I can see to set it up.

Refresh your browser ( Ctrl + F5 )

ScreenShot_20211114161050

Groan! I tried just about everything except refreshing the browser! Thanks so much for your help, it’s now working perfectly as it used to.

As we’re on the subject, can I be cheeky and ask for some more help! :grin: Ideally I’d like to use local control for my Tuya devices. I’ve had no success getting the local keys of my devices. I’ve tried the Tuya development platform but get a “code”: 1106, “msg”: “permission deny” error when I try to get the device information. I’ve tried packet sniffing using Packet Capture but I can’t create a certificate (seems to be a common problem these days).

I’m stumped. Would you have any suggestions for how I might get around this?

1. Tuya 1106, permission deny
    https://support.tuya.com/en/help/_detail/K9kui9wvuwc93

2. You Tube
    HOW TO - Get All Local Tuya Keys

https://youtu.be/YKvGYXw-_cE

3. https://iot.tuya.com

1 Like

Well it’s another laugh out loud moment! Your image 3 doesn’t look like what I see. Tonight, when I tried it I finally got an option that got me the local key! I swear I have tried every option without success, several times. The option that has worked for me, “Get Device Information”, seems new. The option “Get the device information” which, from its name, obviously does something completely different still gives the permission deny error!

Anyway, hopefully to help others here’s how it looks for me, and thanks again for your time, I do appreciate it.

1 Like

The math I figured out to get the correct temperature set point from my Della 12000 BTU Mini-Split was the following in Developer Tools > Templates:

{{ (((state_attr(‘climate.shed_mini_split’, ‘temperature’) - 142.0) / 1.777 + 61.0) * 2.0) | round(0) | float / 2.0 }}

However, I could not figure out how to override how this was appearing via the “Customize Entities” UI, and I couldn’t use the tuya-hacks download because the climate.py file only had a variable for TUYA_TEMPERATURE_MULTIPLIER which wouldn’t work because my math needs to subtract a constant before multiplying (or dividing in my example) by a constant then adding back a third constant. The custom_components/tuya hack only seems to allow for a constant multiplier and not for subtractive and additive constants?!?

Hello I’ve been trying for days to figure out why to resolve the issue with my Tuya devices showing the incorrect temperature. no mater what I’ve tried i cant seem to get the current temperature to display in HA. I see many posts about going into “configurations, integrations, tuya then options” and adjust the divider however this setting does not exist anywhere. I also tried to download and install the custom integrations such as GitHub - ollo69/ha_tuya_custom: Tuya Custom Component for testing however, when i install or place the folder into my “custom_components” folder the integration completely disappears from HA. i also tried local tuya and im able to add the device successfully however, im not able to get the correct temperature. any assistants anyone can provide is greatly apricated!

The new Tuya integration has no ability to adjust the multiplier and local Tuya doesn’t yet support thermostats. You have to revert to old Tuya. Follow the instructions above (basically: remove new Tuya, install old Tuya using HACS, restart HA, refresh your browser, set up old Tuya integration where you’ll then find the options for multipliers). Good luck!

1 Like

thanks so much for your response! their are so many links on this post. are you able to provide the link to the repository for “old tuya” so that i can download and install in my HA environment?

Like 3v1n0 i made a dirty hacks to tuya v2 component from its master branch and now it using hard-coded multiplier 2 and temp_step 0.5.
Get https://gazizova.net/pub/install/hassio/tuya.zip , check with antivirus (e.g. clamscan, don’t trust any guy from internet!), extract it to /config/custom_components/ and restart HA to try. If something wrong, remove this folder tuya.
Modified component is usable if you have one or several tuya climate devices only with one multiplier value (2 or 10). If you have several tuya devices with mixed values then use old tuya v1 component that have per-device settings.

2 Likes

Think I used this one.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I´ve used this way to fix it and it works, temperatures are correct and you can even set the temp.

Notes:
1, You can set the temperature of device only when it´s set to manual mode (through SmartLife app).
2, I think there is no refresh rate of temperature status:

Only after restart of HA I will get update of temperatures. Do you know how to fix it?
3, After some time value of temperature set is changed without any intervention from my side.

1 Like

Home Assistant 2021.12.9

Hi there,
I have the latest HA version and the official Tuya plugin, unfortunately the thermostat shows wrong values, these would have to be multiplied by 5. How can I change that? thank you

2 Likes

Hi there!
it happens to me too

Hi There,

I have 7 generic thermostats and have added them in to the Tuya app so that I could automate them in HA. However the functionality seems basic to say the least. In the Developers tools I can only see the following attributes, just wondered if anyone knows how to get the ‘current_temperature’ as that would seem to be a minimum requirements for any “Smart” thermostat.

hvac_modes:
  - 'off'
  - heat_cool
min_temp: 4.1
max_temp: 104
target_temp_step: 0.1
current_temperature: null
temperature: 18
friendly_name: Upstairs Heating
supported_features: 1

‘current_temperature’ always shows “null” whether the thermostat is switched ON (heat_cool) or OFF (off) modes.

thank you for any guidance.

Hi colseven,

I got exactly the same problem as you in Home Assistant 2021.12.10

Here are the current attributes from the thermostate entity:

hvac_modes: off, heat_cool, heat_cool
min_temp: 0.1
max_temp: 5.9
target_temp_step: 0.5
current_temperature: 19.9
temperature: 3.4
friendly_name: Heizkörper rechts Wohnzimmer
supported_features: 1

The current_temperature is correct but the (target) temperature is devided by 5. Is it possible to manipulate this attribute?

Did you find a solution?

hello,

I have tuya installed on the home assistant but it didn’t create any folders and I can’t change the temperature, which is wrong, but does anyone else have this problem?

Tuya " old "- custom components
GitHub - andrey-yantsen/home-assistant-tuya-oldScreenShot_20220120182056

1 Like

ty works :slight_smile:

I’m experienced the same issues since I moved to the Official integration. I’m quite disappointed that a basic piece of a smart house cannot be supported and we have to patch stepping back to an unofficial integration (I don’t want to do that). I expect to see at least 4 entities for each thermostat (I’m using electrical heating): room temperature, floor temperature, setting temperature and on/off state. I hope someone will take care of this otherwise I can control just lights and switches. I hope someone from HA, like @balloob of @frenck can help us. This impact in HA usage and in my opinion it’s more relevant that improving media in HA. Thanks

4 Likes