Smart Life (tuya) show wrong temperature

Not sure if this is in scope for the fix in progress, but I have a radiator in Tuya (an Ecostrad IQ Ceramic), which works just fine from the app. I can see the correct temperatures in HA, now I’ve set the divider to 10.

I can turn the thing on and off with HA, but a couple of important things not working:

• Setting temp via HA never works. If I change set temp from say 18 to 19 via Lovelace climate card shows no error in log. But the radiator display then incorrectly shows the set temperature and believes it is out of range (90 degrees) and hence doesn’t change its set temp. I think there’s still some divider issue somewhere. If I remove the divider in Tuya integration config, it still doesn’t work and believes the value is out of range.

• Although I can turn it on and off, I can’t set it to other modes (Night, Eco, Sensor, Anti Freeze).

Problem is that I can’t find any errors in the HA log, even with debug logging on. So I guess its related to the interpretation of the values by Tuya - just a guess???

Thanks,
Amanda

I experience the same…If I change the temperature from HA, the thermostat shows wrong value…

This fixed it for me, thank you. Such an easy thing to miss!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Thought I would have to figure out things with folders and code…
Just had to put divider by 2 and it is fixed.

2 Likes

did you solve it? I still show the values as x2?

Hi I think we are still hoping that someone can find a fix for this issue. I have control of my Protouch thermostats through the Tuya plug in for home assistant but can’t see any temperatures at all. Nor can I obviously set any temperature. I have to rely on the actual thermostats temperature settings.

This is the case with me. Unfortunately we have been waiting for a long time, but I want to take it out of the tuya plug

Hehehe wish I had something to display:

1 Like

Sadly, I am displaying temperatures that make no sense, and no matter what options I choose for the device, it doesn’t make sense.

Initially, I display 32 and 44 as the current and set point. Using the integration options and changing to Celcius gives me 0 and 7.

The default min and max (according to the developer tools) is 35 min and 48 max.

Changing the set point on the mini-split, via the remote, does not nor has ever changed the 32 and/or 44 displayed in HA.

The Smartlife app displays the correct information and actually has a really nice interface/display … i don’t get how the data is there but something in the API retrieval into HA seems to screw with the data big time.

I am at a loss as to how to get it to work. On a somewhat related note, when I have given permission to Alexa for the device, Alexa has decided to display the 68 as another Fahrenheit conversion (and so shows 154 set point). Understandably, other than being able to turn it on/off, Alexa won’t let me change the set point. So it seems like it is not just an HA issue but a Smartlife issue.

To continue to add my experience to this topic, let me clarify a few things I have worked out and have the need to correct.

When my thermostat displays 32 and 44 via the Tuya integration, that is with the Tuya integration seemingly displaying Celcius, not Fahrenheit. When I use the integration to modify the file as described above and change the units to Fahrenheit, it then displays 0 and 7. Clearly, this does not make sense.

Interestingly though, when I think to apply a multiplier of 10 to the current and setpoint temps, I actually get 2 and 68 … 68 is actually the correct setpoint temperature (I have no idea what 2 is referring to).

Sadly though, I still cannot use it to change the setpoint. The setpoint continues to go up or down in 0.5 increments, irrespective of my setting, whole, halves, or tenths … it’s always 0.5, which my mini-split does not support and so it crashes the integration. That’s the next problem to fix.

Hi Derek,

Without staying the obvious 32 deg F = 0 degC and 44 degF = 6.777 degC. So it looks like you are actually displaying F when you may think it’s C? I think you knew that already though.

It sound like the 68 that you get is possibly just coincidental to your actual temperature…? Above there was talk of a fix being worked on but as we haven’t heard much from anyone about this, I’m not sure if or when this would happen. I also note that the Tuya Custom app does not have a version number and so will in the (very near) future no longer be supported/allowed in home assistant. I remain hopeful that someone will update the custom app before this eventuality happens.

Thank you for your input. I am aware of the conversions and initially thought … yep makes sense … until I noticed it was in the reverse order, 32 C =/= 0 F.

Anyway, hopefully, someone can come along and help this issue along. I only wish I knew more about coding and API’s.

p.s. edit … Ignoring the obvious conversion F/C error … the reason I have stated that the F of 0 (current) and 7 (setpoint), which when multiplied by 10 gives me a setpoint of 68 is correct, is because, when changing the set point on the mini-split/remote, HA will now actually track that change through the Tuya integration. The 68 has gone up to 69 ad 70 in HA when changing the setpoint with the mini-split remote. Sadly though, this appears to be a one way street as I described above. The Tuya integration won’t change the mini-split.

Greetings to all. I also have trouble displaying the temperature properly. Room thermostat shows x2 (instead of 22.5, shows 45C, and radiator valve / 2 (instead of 23C, shows 2.3C)
I’ve read almost everything and I don’t understand!

• I installed the tuya, I can see all the sensors right away.
  • I don’t have custom_components maps, I don’t have tuya maps.
    -Temperatures are displayed but are incorrect
  • I make a folder “custom_components” and a folder “tuya”
  • I copy the files with github “climate.py”, I change the temperature / 2 according to the instructions, it still doesn’t show correctly
  • copy all files (init.py, manifest.json, scene.py, services.yaml,) reboot, report error … see image …

I would like to know if I even need these files in the custom_components folder? Then why does it show the temperature even without these files?

Where I divide or multiply the temperature to make it look right …
Is there a guide anywhere?

Thank you very much for your help
Version core-2021.5.5, supervisor-2021.04.3

Would be nice if they fixed this. I just got a TCL Air Conditioner and it set it up through SmartLife and my temp is doubled in Fahrenheit. I just looked though and all the git hum issues talking about it were closed with no resolution.

Guess I can try manually installing the cutom component and editing it, but didn’t really want to do that.

Hi, it worked for me:
Without touching any file, only configuration from home assistant. The steps:
1.- Go to Configuration → Integrations → Tuya → Configure
2.- Choose your thermostat in the 2 last gaps and ‘Send’ button.
3.- Then put your needs, if it shows the double, divide by 2 and ‘Halves’ like in the image (if HA shows 10 times the real value, then divide by 10 and ‘Tenths’)
4.- Send
5.- Send again without touching anything.

I hope it helps

7 Likes

never thought its so easy. Found too many threads to create and edit Tuya.py. all nonsense. this is the perfect and easy solution.

1 Like

This is so great just what I was looking for!..weirdly enough my tuya climate entity was showing temperature as 2.4 instead of 24, I use a 10 divisor anyway and it works fine for target temperature!..I can see 24 or wherever correctly…

…sadly it was not the case with the “current temperature” value, is still display as 2.7 instead of 27 …using the Divisor option for current temperature didn’t do anything, I play there with a couple of values but nothing…Not sure what else to try…I want to avoid at all costs to make that custom tuya thing,I have too many tuya things working to risk it and I so close!!!.. :slight_smile:

Any ideas?..checking with the supervisor I get
hvac_modes:

min_temp: 15
max_temp: 30
target_temp_step: 0.5
current_temperature: 2.7
temperature: 24
friendly_name: Air conditioner
supported_features: 1
temperature_unit: celsius

Min, max, target_temp_step and temperature values was them all corrected by the UI setting form for the tuya climate entity…but as you can see current_temperature still report a wrong format, 2.7 should be 27…as I mention changing the according divisor did not do anything…

Other option will be if I can remove completely that “current” temperature and display just the target one, is that possible?

Any ideas guys?

…never mind,I play around with some divisor values and find our that changing the current temperature divisor from 0 to 1 did the trick to change the reported current temperature from 2.6 to 26…which doesn’t have much mathematical sense to me…but ok!..I mean it was more logic with the target temperature been displayed as 2.4 with a divisor of 10 change to 24 correctly (granted more like a multiplier than a divisor but at least some numeric sense)…with this current temperature value and divisor no idea of the logic that make it work…but it does…

Please avoid all the mumbo jumbo about custom folders and manual edition of files, is just not worth it, …most things can in fact been change it by the UI …although weird, but possible…

As a side note, why is that HA have so many settings and options and it miss the most basic simple things to edit stuff…like the thermostat card for climate entities…is so hard to make options to enable/disable what you want to be displayed and what name and scale?..I mean great the card automatically populate all climate entity attributes in the card UI, but that’s assuming that you want all the time as much attributes and options for them available for all users all the time…sometime what is reported by a device on some attribute going trough the tuya API and cloud just doesn’t make any sense or is not useful at all…so why not just put some options buttons for each attribute to allow the user to decide what need and what make sense to display…Is the same thing with most cards for HA UI…auto-population, little to non settings…

…but I digress…

Cheers!

1 Like

…I forgot the example…
For instance, the “current temperature” reported by my splitter machine is an internal temperature, not the current room temperature…since I don’t have the options to decide what attributes display and where in the thermostat card, I forced to have that big non-sense “current” temperature big and at the center of the card…with the target temperature in a small secondary position …In my case, the information about temperature from the unit have more sense to be displayed in the opposite order or some of them not displayed at all…like better having target temperature big and at the center and the “internal” temperature just somewhere else in a small size or not at all…

…just one example of many…

yes, problem solved. I see 25 degrees now. The old version is 50 degrees. thanks

1 Like