Smartlife Plant Sensor SGS01

I found those BLE plant sensors from Tuya on aliexpress.
I bought 2 of them to try to use them with HA as they are cheaper than the Mi Flora ones.
They are recognized by the smartlife application as SGS01 but they are not recognized at all by any of the integrations I have installed in HA.
I don’t find any information about in the internet, does anyone has been able to integrate them in HA without using Tuya cloud?

3 Likes

Have you tried About | Passive BLE Monitor integration?

No, didn’t know about it, I will try and update the thread.
Thanks for the idea!

Please update this thread if you get it working :slight_smile:

Sadly it didn’t work with ble_monitor integration.
The device is detected but no sensors. :frowning:

Seems it’s on the radar

3 Likes

Hello. I also have this sensor. Have you made any progress in integrating it with Home Assistant?

Alternatively, this is the device inside. Is it feasible to swap out the Bluetooth module with an ESP32-C3-MINI, ESP12 or nRF52840?

Thanks!

How to get it detected? No matter how much I enter the MAC and the acces_token, I can't get it

My summary so far, please correct if I’m wrong:

• localtuya (tuya-local github repo, installed via HACS) added support for SGS01 devices. It needs the Tuya Bluetooth Gateway, since only IP based Devices and no BLE devices are supported directly.
  • ha_tuya_ble (Installation via HACS) follows the approach of Xiaomi BLE - Home Assistant and therefore does not need a Tuya Bluetooth Gateway. A local Bluetooth or a esp32 Bluetooth Proxy will do the trick. It uses the Tuya Cloud Account to retrieve the local_key of a device registered with Smart Life App. The most advanced branch just added SGS01 Devices, see Comparing Raph22:main...DnlKI:main · Raph22/ha_tuya_ble · GitHub

I have some SGS01 lying around. I’m not in developing Home Assistant Plugins, but are able to provide bluetooth traces if somebody can make use of it.

1 Like

I can’t seem to make it work with ha_tuya_ble (both from PlusPlus-ua and markusg1234). I can see it in Tuya IOT platform (however the status of the device is offline…). When trying to add the device via HA integrations it says “No unconfigured devices found.”