SMS via Carrier Gateway

TextBelt

TextBelt (http://textbelt.com) is a REST API that sends outgoing SMS. It is available as a public service or as an internally self-hosted server.

Textbelt uses carrier-specific gateways to deliver your text messages for free, and without ads. The service is fairly reliable and has sent over 1 million texts.

Can this be integrated?

This appears to simply be taking advantage of many carriers’ existing email-to-text gateways. You can get this in HASS right now by using the SMTP notify platform and setting the recipient to your number @ your carrier’s gateway. Example for T-Mobile US: [email protected] . You can find your carrier’s gateway address in many places, one of them being TextBelt’s code.

3 Likes

You can also use the IFTTT SMS channel to Text messages to yourself based on HA triggers.

1 Like

thats exactly what it appears to be doing and your tip is exactly what I needed. thx
(don’t know how I missed the smtp notify…)

It’s easy to miss stuff without a search function on the main site. I use Google and site search and find stuff I was taking weeks to find before.

site:homeassistant.io _whatever you are looking for_

BTW, I have a feature request for site search on the main site, it got a number of votes but could always use more…

Little late, but the verizon gateway is like [email protected]