SolarEdge solar panels support

Here’s what I see in Dev Tools > States filtering on solaredge. I have the Zigbee gateway.

Entity State Attributes
Filter entities Filter states Filter attributes
sensor.solaredge_batteries 0 batteries: friendly_name: solaredge (Batteries)
sensor.solaredge_current_power 3884.342 unit_of_measurement: W friendly_name: SolarEdge Current Power icon: mdi:solar-power
sensor.solaredge_current_power_kwh 3.88 friendly_name: solaredge_current_power_kwh
sensor.solaredge_energy_this_month 765037.0 unit_of_measurement: Wh friendly_name: solaredge (Energy this month) icon: mdi:solar-power
sensor.solaredge_energy_this_month_kwh 765.04 friendly_name: SolarEdge This Month icon: mdi:solar-power unit_of_measurement: kWh
sensor.solaredge_energy_this_year 6450311.5 unit_of_measurement: Wh friendly_name: solaredge (Energy this year) icon: mdi:solar-power
sensor.solaredge_energy_this_year_kwh 6450.31 friendly_name: SolarEdge This Year icon: mdi:solar-power unit_of_measurement: kWh
sensor.solaredge_energy_today 3040.0 unit_of_measurement: Wh friendly_name: solaredge (Energy today) icon: mdi:solar-power
sensor.solaredge_energy_today_kwh 3.04 friendly_name: SolarEdge Today icon: mdi:solar-power unit_of_measurement: kWh
sensor.solaredge_gateways 0 gateways: friendly_name: solaredge (Gateways)
sensor.solaredge_grid_power unknown friendly_name: solaredge (Grid Power) icon: mdi:power-plug
sensor.solaredge_inverters 1 inverters: [object Object] friendly_name: solaredge (Inverters)
sensor.solaredge_lifetime_energy 6456638.0 unit_of_measurement: Wh friendly_name: solaredge (Lifetime energy) icon: mdi:solar-power
sensor.solaredge_lifetime_energy_kwh 6456.64 friendly_name: SolarEdge Lifetime icon: mdi:solar-power unit_of_measurement: kWh
sensor.solaredge_meters 0 meters: friendly_name: solaredge (Meters)
sensor.solaredge_power_consumption unknown friendly_name: solaredge (Power Consumption) icon: mdi:flash
sensor.solaredge_sensors 0 sensors: friendly_name: solaredge (Sensors)
sensor.solaredge_site_details Active name: Site Name peak_power: 8 last_update_time: 2019-09-26 installation_date: 2019-02-01 type: Optimizers & Inverters manufacturer_name: REC model_name: N-Peak 320 DC maximum_power: 320 friendly_name: solaredge (Site details)
sensor.solaredge_solar_power unknown friendly_name: solaredge (Solar Power) icon: mdi:solar-power
sensor.solaredge_storage_power unknown friendly_name: solaredge (Storage Power) icon: mdi:car-battery

Yes, I had obviously seen the entities list already, but it’s a bit strange there is no documentation anymore about what each of these relate to. I understand the “monitored conditions” have gone out of the configuration, but seen all of these sensors do get created it would make sense to document them somewhere.
Again, some of the sensors are straightforward, some others I still wonder what they actually report or relate to.

Home Assistant 1.0 will not support “monitored conditions” so that’s why they removed it from the Solar Edge component. All data will be saved received from the endpoint will be saved. You, as a user, can decide if you want to show it somewhere.

In the release notes there is a remark about breaking change. It was that solar edge was moved from ‘sensor’ to it’s own integration.

So move the:

- platform: solaredge
    api_key: !secret solaredge_api_key
    site_id: !secret solaredge_site_id
    monitored_conditions:
      - condition 1
      - condition 2
      - etc...

to it’s own integration section like:

solaredge:
  api_key: !secret solaredge_api_key
  site_id: !secret solaredge_site_id

I have no issue with the monitored conditions going away, as long as the right sensors are being created.
Again, all I’m looking for is a description of the sensors created by the integration module.
For instance it’s not clear what these are:

• sensor.solaredge_meters
  • sensor.solaredge_sensors

And also not clear what is the difference between these except for the unit (kW and W):

• sensor.solaredge_solar_power
  • sensor.solaredge_current_power

Also, any way of getting the data per-pannel that is sent out by sniffing a mirrored port from the inverter? not sure this data that can be seen in the API, but it can be seen in the solaredge app so it is being transmitted somehow to their servers.

Does anyone here have the same problem as i have by intergrate solar edge to it’s own intergrations section?

I looks like the intergrations is working cause i get updatet data from solaredge and the values are the same as in my app. But in de logging every 10 min (when it do a reqeust) i get the following error in my logging.

Log Details (ERROR)

Tue Oct 15 2019 17:25:44 GMT+0200 (Midden-Europese zomertijd)

Missing connections in power flow data

I already mentioned this in this thread. but it looks like no one has a solution. Are there more people with this problem?

Today I had a tech from the company that installed my inverter at my house to try and get the SolarEdge Monitoring website to display data. He downloaded the firmware again, and then did a factory reset. After that I seem to be getting good data in Hassio and on the SolarEdge website (it did zero out my previous data). It also put a 3.5 kW power limit on my inverter, which I discovered on Home Assistant. They will be back tomorrow to fix that problem (should put out 10 kW). I will keep you posted.

I still think that the average optimizer temperature is displaying centigrade not fahrenheit but not sure how to change it.

Thanks for the reply.

Hello everyone,
is it possible to gather data from more than one inverter? i have two inverters, how can i collect data from both?

Hi all,

Is it possible to get the current battery charge? I can see the data is definitely available in the API, but I’m not sure if the data is available in HA.

Thanks!

Hi Gido,
do you know if its possible to add 2 SE sites to HA? I have 2 SE inverters and each belongs to different site. I’ve not been able to figure how to add it to my HA.

Hi @ozarn, interesting, never really thought of that. I had a look but keep getting a duplicate key 'api_key'. Maybe with different packages in the HA configuration?

Thats what i got as well before posted, duplicate key. Please forgive me, i am a HA newbie. I am not sure what do you mean by different packages .

That’s fine :slight_smile:, I was referring to the packages configuration. Just tried it with my own setup (by adding a duplicate) but doesn’t seem to be working. I did find a similar topic with multiple Tradfri gateways. They have similar issues though - sorry I can’t help you any further.

Thank you for letting me know and trying. I’ll check out Tradfri thread .

I had the SolerEdge working file till few versions back (can’t remember which). I have updated the configuration.yaml to the new API and I get no error s in the LOG and no sensors at all.
I might call SolarEdge as one of the posts suggested this might help as I see no firmware update capability nor re-boot in the web monitoring of my system.

Does anyine know what happened to the Storage_ChargeLevel value. This gave the Current Charge State of the Battery/s and seems to have been left out of the HASSIO interface implementation. It is availabale by Solaredge API but either I find this or I need to change all the code back to the API.

Is there someone who can help me? I’ve got a solaredge, but i can’t get it to work in HA. I’ve tested the api and i’m getting this result:
{“overview”:{“lastUpdateTime”:“2020-03-27 12:06:27”,“lifeTimeData”:{“energy”:1.1697751E7,“revenue”:70.5133},“lastYearData”:{“energy”:341303.44},“lastMonthData”:{“energy”:222582.78},“lastDayData”:{“energy”:7376.6562},“currentPower”:{“power”:2307.0},“measuredBy”:“INVERTER”}}

So that’s working, but when i want to setup the integration in HA, it doesn’t save the settings.
I’m running HASSIO version 107.5
I hope that there’s someone here with some pointers.

Hi @gerthjan, I’ve also installed solaredge panels and there’s a much better way to get that integrated than the original API. It’s using the Solaredge Modbus TCP integration. Take a look here:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/custom-component-solaredge-modbus-tcp/165625

You’ll be able to get in real time (without delay) and locally your data from your inverter and (if that’s the case, from your meter). Take a look at some of the data you can display:

what type inverter do you have? i’ve added Modbus it to my HA, but it’s nog working. It’s not reading any information. i’ve added everything to my configuration.yaml.
Did you make any ajustments to you inverter?

1 Like

Hi again @gerthjan , mine is SE4000H, quite a small one, but as I understand all current Solaredge inverters support modbus. I did have to enable Modbus via the inverter ‘SetApp’ application, using my mobile, as it was disabled by default in my inverter. I had problems to be able to use the app as I didn’t have access to it, so I had to contact my installer to be allowed to use it (username and password).