Solution to track your google home alarms and timers and trigger different home assistant events

Yes automations, keep you posted.

1 Like

Ok,
i can see the sensor now with the attribute, but how can i acces the fire_time or label

Add [0]['fire_time'] to the template you have

Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Can i add my iPhone as device for timer sensors ?

Does this only work with Google Home branded devices or also with Sonos with Google Assistant?

Did you manage to get some already?

I can’t get the Google Home plugin to work correctly - my alarms and timers are always unavailable. I’ve tried readding the integration, and have tried several versions of the plugin. Help? Using latest HA and plugin.

1 Like

No, Sonos devices are unfortunately not supported since they are operating in a whole different way than google home devices. See Support for GA on Sonos devices · Issue #129 · leikoilja/ha-google-home · GitHub for more info

Try opening the issue in the github, where we are keeping track of things that are working / not working:

I’ve got this set up and it is brilliant so thanks very much to the creators.

However I’m having some issue when trying to create an automation.

I want the automation to be that when the timer status changes to ringing it starts auctioning things. However using HA built in automation editor I can’t seem to find what I need to set as the trigger to enable this. Any ideas?

This sounds like an interesting use case. Perhaps the sensor type is not correct, so it’s not picked up by the automation editor, but we need to take a closer look.
Can you please open an issue with some extra info (examples, screenshots) here so we can work on that?

How did you solve this? I have the same issue with VLANs and firewall settings. My IOT devices are on another VLAN than my homeassistant server. Thx

What is your firewall? Pfsense has the avahi plug in that fixes this. You could also run this on a multi homed raspberry pi on multiple flags.

I use the built in firewall of Openwrt running on my router. It seems that I’ve fixed the issues with avahi, now the problem is that Google Home devices are discoverable in all vlans. I hope it’s configurable and I can somehow disable discovery at least in the guest vlan.

You can configure avahi to run on only on certain interfaces, but in any case you can block any actual access by firewall rules which you are probably doing anyway.

Good luck

Hi i’m getting this error

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:567
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:42:52 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:42:52

Platform google_home does not generate unique IDs. ID Slaapkamer wife/device already exists - ignoring sensor.slaapkamer_wife_device

Any idea how to solve?

installed this integration because i want to read out the alarms we used to set to wake us .
We used the spoken word: Hey google zet wekker om 7:30 (translation: Hey google set alarm clock at 7:30) , we used the Lenovo smartclock in the bedroom.
The integration seems to be running fine :

but when i looked at the device Google Home Slaapkamer ouders wekker
3 the alarm isn’t available .
So i tried to set a new alarm (by voice) for example at 16:30 it’s still not there ? So what’s wrong or what did i do wrong ?

In case anyone is also annoyed with the timers you set on google home speakers that they are hard to turn off.
This sequence triggers on state changes on multiple speakers and let’s the timer ring for five seconds (one loop) then deletes the timer.
It works with multiple timers at the same time (unless if they are supposed to happen very close in time).

[{"id":"c444bad2.edcff8","type":"function","z":"4f357a5f.1c8d34","name":"","func":"msg.payload = {\n    \"entity_id\": msg.topic\n};\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":540,"y":1880,"wires":[["47a970e3.57d74"]]},{"id":"6fd4626a.4f533c","type":"server-state-changed","z":"4f357a5f.1c8d34","name":"","server":"4bbca37b.1700ec","version":1,"exposeToHomeAssistant":false,"haConfig":[{"property":"name","value":""},{"property":"icon","value":""}],"entityidfilter":"sensor.sovrum_mini_timers","entityidfiltertype":"exact","outputinitially":false,"state_type":"str","haltifstate":"","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","outputs":1,"output_only_on_state_change":false,"x":260,"y":1880,"wires":[["c444bad2.edcff8"]]},{"id":"a016e909.c55228","type":"server-state-changed","z":"4f357a5f.1c8d34","name":"","server":"4bbca37b.1700ec","version":1,"exposeToHomeAssistant":false,"haConfig":[{"property":"name","value":""},{"property":"icon","value":""}],"entityidfilter":"sensor.kok_mini_timers","entityidfiltertype":"exact","outputinitially":false,"state_type":"str","haltifstate":"","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","outputs":1,"output_only_on_state_change":false,"x":270,"y":1940,"wires":[["c444bad2.edcff8"]]},{"id":"76e24daf.129cb4","type":"server-state-changed","z":"4f357a5f.1c8d34","name":"","server":"4bbca37b.1700ec","version":1,"exposeToHomeAssistant":false,"haConfig":[{"property":"name","value":""},{"property":"icon","value":""}],"entityidfilter":"sensor.vardagsrum_mini_timers","entityidfiltertype":"exact","outputinitially":false,"state_type":"str","haltifstate":"","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","outputs":1,"output_only_on_state_change":false,"x":240,"y":2000,"wires":[["c444bad2.edcff8"]]},{"id":"47a970e3.57d74","type":"api-current-state","z":"4f357a5f.1c8d34","name":"","server":"4bbca37b.1700ec","version":1,"outputs":1,"halt_if":"","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","override_topic":false,"entity_id":"","state_type":"str","state_location":"payload","override_payload":"msg","entity_location":"data","override_data":"msg","blockInputOverrides":false,"x":700,"y":1880,"wires":[["eb6346f7.5dc178"]]},{"id":"eb6346f7.5dc178","type":"function","z":"4f357a5f.1c8d34","name":"","func":"if(msg.payload != \"unavailable\"){   \n    msg.delay = (Date.parse(msg.payload)-Date.now()) + 5000;\n    msg.payload2 = {\n        data:{\n        \"entity_id\": msg.topic,\n        \"timer_id\": msg.data.attributes.timers[0].timer_id\n        }\n    };\n\n    return msg;\n}","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":860,"y":1880,"wires":[["755dae3f.d731f"]]},{"id":"755dae3f.d731f","type":"delay","z":"4f357a5f.1c8d34","name":"","pauseType":"delayv","timeout":"5","timeoutUnits":"seconds","rate":"1","nbRateUnits":"1","rateUnits":"second","randomFirst":"1","randomLast":"5","randomUnits":"seconds","drop":false,"x":1000,"y":1880,"wires":[["e547e036.76bd2"]]},{"id":"e547e036.76bd2","type":"change","z":"4f357a5f.1c8d34","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"payload2","tot":"msg"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":1160,"y":1880,"wires":[["c36f6761.ba0768"]]},{"id":"c36f6761.ba0768","type":"api-call-service","z":"4f357a5f.1c8d34","name":"","server":"4bbca37b.1700ec","version":1,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"google_home","service":"delete_timer","entityId":"sensor.sovrum_mini_timers","data":"","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":1390,"y":1880,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"4bbca37b.1700ec","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","legacy":false,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true}]

Just change the entity names on the events state nodes on the left.

Anyone build automations based on alarms?
Very curious to see examples!

2 Likes