SOLVED: Please add support for blinds activated in the IKEA integration

Thanks for checking!

Iā€™ve simultaneously had 1-to-1 discussions with the poster of the GitHub issue and he found a solution that will be posted to the issue soon.

It would be nice to also have a stop button between the arrows. Is there any plans to get this in a future release?

The problem is we donā€™t know the command for stop. Weā€™ve reverse engineered IKEAā€™s internal API but havenā€™t yet found that command.

Ok, so thatā€™s why I cant use the cover.stop_cover to stop itā€¦

Ok, good, I canā€™t seem to find a relevant issue on ggravlingen/pytradfri?

Sorry, This thread is maked as Solved, Why are we still posting to it when there is a general support thread for the Blinds under ??? : -

Surely people should list issues/seek support there ???
We are in danger of having multiple threads to both check and read and now it is integrated, we should all have a common base to work from. :crazy_face:

Im happy with my Fyrtur support in HAā€¦ automations work smooth, and better than IKEAā€™s own app :slight_smile:

The only thing that doesnā€™t seem to work is HA isnā€™t picking up the current state / position of the blindsā€¦ as the rest of the people have reported above here I guessā€¦ I can live with that issue for now.

Overall, good job so far

1 Like

Hey Nicklas,
Iā€™m about to buy a few of those myself. Looks good and happy to hear that it works for you so well.

Did HA just pick of the FYRTUR after the recent update of HA?
Does it show the battery status of the FYRTUR as well?

First of all: Thanks for the great work making this integration happen!

For a while, I have been looking for a suitable switch to control my garage door, and after having grouped a few IKEA roller blinds together, Iā€™m left with a couple of leftover TrĆ„dfri open/close remotes, and they would fit the bill perfectly.

I see the remotes I have paired to my roller blind groups turn up as sensors in HA, but only exposing manufacturer, SW and battery details. Any plans for trying to expose the button press states as well?

I understand the challenges of working with an undocumented API, and that there are other and more pressing unresolved issues with this integration yet to be ironed out, but if you should discover a way to expose this state as well, I believe there are many besides me who would love to see it in a future version!

Yes it does.Both remote and blinds.

1 Like

Thanks! Ordered!

Hi! Could you @fribse test these files as custom component and see if your blinds work?

i am not sure if its my setup that fails or if its the code that is wrong.
Hope you can help so i know if its my setup or the code :slight_smile:

Yes, Iā€™ll have a look at it, I hope I can do it today when I get home.
Will it interfere with the existing, or just ā€˜take overā€™ the integration, or is it seperate?

Great! It will ā€œtake overā€ the integration
This is how mine looks now. I have two blinds. If i press up/down on one blind at the time everything works great. But if i want to close both blinds at the same time it freezes Tradfri.

.cover

Ok, I oly have one as of now, so I wonā€™t have that problem :smiley:
How do I easiest get the files, donā€™t really want to copy each file into a local file. Iā€™m on a HASS.io.

Download this: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant and then open the folder and go to /compontens and find the tradfri folder. Put tradfri folder in the custum component folder. Delete tradfri integation in HA and restart. After that you add the tradfri integration.

1 Like

Ahh, ok, I thought I could download just the tradfri as an archive, Iā€™ll get it done, after work I have to and see a buddy about some 3d-printed cases for me, and I hope I get it tested after that.

Hi!
Did you get it to work?

I finally got some time today, I looks very promising, the arrows are updated correctly, the slider updates continuesly. :+1:
I wish I had more than the one I could test on.

I got everything working now. After i added both TRADFRI Signal Repeaters one for each blind everything started to work great.