[solved] Receive data from solis RHI-3P K-HVES-5G

Hi there,
after painful flooding of my old installation I have now a solis inverter, latest generation, running.
This RHI-3P 5G has a wifi interface installed and I can directly log in to the system/ communication-menu of this wifi interface. Here I can chose if the interface should run as an AP (Access point) or in ST (Station mode) or both.
I have a lot of questions after reading much about solis inverter integration into ha.

So with a solis app on my smartphone ( Solis TechView) and connection over the inverter wifi AP I can receive live an stored data of the inverter.

Why would I need a wifi logger dongle for the inverter com-port when I can receive the data over the app and AP (only over solis app !) ?

When the solis app is able to show the inverter live - data, isn’t this a hint that it could be possible retreive data for home-assistant?

I tried receiving data with the sunspec component (GitHub - CJNE/ha-sunspec: Home Assistant customcomponent for SunSpec modbus devices), but that did not work (log: Connection error: [Errno 111] Connection refused). But maybe this wasn’t the false way anyway.

thanks!

Hi Horst,
you state on how you can login via WIFI to your inverter to access the systems configuration menu.
I just got the same inverter installed today, I see the wifi network it provides, but I don’t find the information on what the password of that wifi network is anywhere. Where did you find it?

I am then facing the same question on how to get the data from my inverters to HA. So if you have found a solution without buying the data logger dongle, it would be great if you could share that one!

Thanks,
Kai

Hi Kai,

Solis support via e-Mail told me password is: solis100

Of course I would share information, but I have no solution beside this provided here (getting data from soliscloud.com). For Solis RHI-3P K-HVED-5G inverter you need an additional logger-stick dongle (LAN oder W-LAN), unfortunately I purchased one with an obviously old Firmware / Hardware MW3_15_0501_1.18, seems to be an old SolarMan protocol V4 or older. But soliscloud.com logging works with this W-LAN logger stick.

hi Horst,

Thanks for shareing!

I did find this little application. But I have not checked it yet to read out contents of Solis HTTP Interface.

Here is another alternative. Just use the REST-Platform: Solar PV intregration - #30 by lknop . That’s what I use in lack of having a functionally modbus solution. So you can get core information from your solis stick.

Now I found a real smart solution. GitHub - StephanJoubert/home_assistant_solarman: Home Assistant component for Solarman collectors used with a variety of inverters.
Even my SN from wifi logger stick did not match, It starts with 40 and has FW MW3_15_0501_1.18, this integration worked out of the box and showed me 54 new entities.
No Server B configuration needed!

Thanks @StephanJoubert

Same type of serial number and FW here but no luck with the Solarman integration. What yaml file did you select in the Solarman configuration? I’ve tried both the Solis and the default deye_hybrid without luck. Did you change the port?

I get 55 entities but no values despite waiting for more than 2 hours.

Thanks in advance @honikos

Hi @abu717 , welcome on homeassistant :grinning:

I get 55 entities but no values despite waiting for more than 2 hours.

I use the solis_hybrid.yaml. Server B is not connected.
Can you locally log in into your WiFi-Logger? If homeassistant can’t reach the logger-stick, you won’t receive data.
I use it with STA-mode only.
Check your firewall configuration.

Thanks for the reply and welcome @honikos !

Yes, I can reach it locally without problem, no firewall between and STA-mode only here as well. No server B defined nor connected either. Strange that I see all entities but no values.

State “unkown” is normal, if you get no answer from modbus client/server.
Here is my example, how I got the solis-logger - stick to talk to homeassistant:

Oh boy you lost me there @honikos :hushed:

So I also need to install pysolarmanv5 even if I have the Solarman integration installed?
If not, how and where should I run the script “Basic client example”?

I run HA on an RPI4, nothing else on that machine.

yes, you need to install pysolarmanv5. but don’t install it on your ha machine if you have installed the ha OS on your RPI4.
More details see pysolarmanv5 · PyPI
I think you can install Python 3.8. on your local windows machine, and then run the test script from python shell. Welcome to Python.org
The test is only needed to find out if your logging stick does send a response to your modbus request.

If not, how and where should I run the script “Basic client example”?

from python shell after you did install the pysolarmanv5 module

Hi @honikos, do you get this working with or without using a Wifi dongle connected to the inverter?

I can read the information directly from the inverter using Solis Techview app. How did you get the information into Home Assistant?

I am asking because a lot of the responses refer to using an additional WiFi dongle which I am not sure if I need or not.

Help please,
Geoff

What kind is your interface? I don’t know the Solis Techview app.
If your interface is kind of a logger, you should have a try.
I use this kind of Solis wifi - logger:
https://www.solisinverters.com/accessories5/GPRS&WiFi_Data_Logging_Stick_de.html
which you also can purchase as lan - model.

@honikos the Solis Techview app can be found here on the play store: Solis TechView – Apps on Google Play. A version also exists for the iPhone.

The app isn’t the best but it does work and I assume exposes the same interface as the Data Logging Stick.

Solis technical support tells me the only way to get information from the inverter is by using the Data Logging Stick. If the TechView app can see the information I see no reason why the pysolarman should be able to, but this will take sometime to investigate.

Just wanted to check in here in case someone had already done the work.

If I can’t get it working directly from the inverter I will get a Data Logging stick.

I have modified the SolarMon to work directly with a Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G. If your Solis inverter is like this one than I am happy to share the code. If enough people are interested I could publish it as a HACS package.

To be clear, the Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G has onboard Wifi - it DOES NOT need a WiFi stick. Only that is required is that the inverter is visible on your LAN.

1 Like