[solved] Remove/hide Lovelace header? => Custom Header

Hi all

Is it possible to remove/hide the header completely, only for a specific dashboard?
Since sceen surface on a smaller/portable device is valuable, it’s interesting if the header could be out of sight.
I have already discovered that if you change the title with a blank space, it becomes smaller.
In my search, I have found the Custom Header project but this seems to be overkill for what I want to achieve.

Thanks a lot in advance
Nick

EDIT 2023/07/14: since this topic + the link I posted get quite some attention and Custom Header is not developed anymore (latest release Sep 30, 2020), I’m adding another way to achieve this.
By using 🔹 Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player (GitHub - thomasloven/hass-browser_mod: 🔹 A Home Assistant integration to turn your browser into a controllable entity and media player) you can hide your header control much more.

Not necessarily overkill, and I don’t know any other options…

1 Like

It’s you’re only option, and it can do what you’re asking.

1 Like

Hi guys, thanks for stepping in!

You are right, it seems to be the only option.
I’m surprised that this is not possible in the basic configuration since I guess that most people use portable devices that have smaller screens then a full-size computer.

On the other hand I wonder if the header is really necessary in a sense of functionality.
For sure the title of the Lovelace UI seems to me a waste of space and the ability to make changes to the UI could be placed somewhere else.

I am a little reluctant to make these kind of changes that seem to be kinda hacks but I tried the Custom Header customization and it’s indeed exactly what I want.

Have a nice day!
Nick

Unfortunately, CCH is no longer exist and the git repo has been archived. hopefully HA will add the features to the core soon.

Use Custom Header instead of Custom Compact Header. I also made a theme which does the same thing.

Looks like Custom Header has been archived as well.

Well then use card-mod theming

I also have this problem, how did you solve this problem

Working on it… :grin:

Look at thomasloven/lovelace-card-mod’s wiki on GitHub.

I can’t figure out what you are refering to with thomasloven/lovelace-card-mod wiki.

How do I hide the header

See this: https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-card-mod/wiki/Theme-cookbook#remove-the-header-fully
Install card-mod with HACS. Ask on this forum for support:
🔹 Card-mod - Super-charge your themes!

Hello,
So following your instructions from above i have installed lovelace-card-mod from HACS.

So do I add this code

no-header:
  card-mod-theme: no-header

card-mod-root: |
    app-header {
      display: none;
    }

to my dashboard, raw configuration editor like

views:
  - badges: null
    cards:
    title: Home
      - cards:

?
Regards,

I didn’t mean this forum, I meant the forum over 🔹 Card-mod - Super-charge your themes!
Anyway it’s a theme, put it in your themes directory, Google how to set up themes in Home Assistant.

Ever found how to get that to work? I am having lots of trouble figuring out myself

Ask over here: 🔹 Card-mod - Super-charge your themes!