[SOLVED] ZHA not working with conbee II

I just pluged in a Conbee II key
and it was correctly detected but the configuration failed systematicaly with the following error:

[139753329005952] Received invalid command: zha/configuration

21:04:49 – (ERREUR) Home Assistant WebSocket API

No watchdog response

21:04:37 – (ATTENTION) /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py - message survenu pour la première fois à 21:00:27 et apparu 3 fois.

No response to ‘Command.device_state’ command with seq id ‘0x04’

21:04:37 – (ATTENTION) /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py - message survenu pour la première fois à 20:59:07 et apparu 11 fois.

Couldn’t start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator

21:04:35 – (ERREUR) Zigbee Home Automation - message survenu pour la première fois à 20:59:07 et apparu 8 fois.

Couldn’t start application

21:04:35 – (ERREUR) /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py - message survenu pour la première fois à 20:59:07 et apparu 8 fois.

Config entry ‘ConBee II - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2451615-if00, s/n: DE2451615 - dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik GmbH - 1CF1:0030’ for zha integration not ready yet; Retrying in background

20:59:07 – (ATTENTION) config_entries.py

I installed the conbee add on which started with no issue.

I am running HA 2021.12.4

The configuration process reports it finishes, but the integration reports there is an issue. When trying to reconfigure from the integration menu, there is no thing available, so it is impossible to reconfigure.

however it seems it is a problem related to websocket Api

I have found numerous post about this kind of problems but with no solutions (appart from using the conbee add on)
I would like to use ZHA instead has anyone met this issue and found a solution?

If using hassio install (e.g. on a RPi) and ZHA, be aware that

• supervisor “deconz”
  • integration “deconz”

Should NOT be installed. Only the ZHA integration.

Hi thanks
I am using Ha os. I first tried zha only. Acually the conbee key was auto discovred as soon as I plugged it.
As ZHA would not auto confire correctly I installed the add-on and the deconz integration which works fine. My sensor just doesn’t seem to be fully supported by the add-on/integration as I only can read some figures but not all. That’s why I still wanted to try ZHA (which from the readings I made seems to support these sensors)
By the way while using the addon I did upgrad the key to the latest available frimeware. and then stopped the add-on and deleted the integration, to try the ZHA integration again with no success.

I went through the same exercise and finally discovered that I needed to reboot the server between switchover vs. restarting HA.

I have rebooted the server several times with no success I always have the same error

here is the full log

2022-01-03 18:33:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.ban] Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from RYZEN (10.0.0.4). (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.110 Safari/537.36)

2022-01-03 18:34:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py”, line 473, in _aps_data_indication

r = await self._command(

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py”, line 301, in _command

self._uart.send(data)

AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘send’

2022-01-03 18:34:30 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.api] No response to ‘Command.version’ command with seq id ‘0x03’

2022-01-03 18:34:30 ERROR (MainThread) [zigpy.application] Couldn’t start application

2022-01-03 18:34:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway] Couldn’t start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 492, in wait_for

fut.result()

asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 152, in async_initialize

self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 69, in new

await app.startup(auto_form)

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py”, line 67, in startup

self.version = await self._api.version()

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py”, line 456, in version

(self._firmware_version,) = await self._command(Command.version, 0)

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py”, line 305, in _command

return await asyncio.wait_for(fut, timeout=COMMAND_TIMEOUT)

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 494, in wait_for

raise exceptions.TimeoutError() from exc

asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

I have tried everything from reinstalling from scratch
with conbee add on
without conbee add on
rebooting

so far no results. I have seen plenty of thread with similar issues but all of them are a bit diffeent from each others with different solutions, and none of them are applicable or work.
I have the last version of HA os (as of january the 2nd 2022) the last firmware of the conbee II running along side with a rfxcom on an intel atom powered nuc.

anyone has an idea where this could come from?

conbee addon in conjunction with the conbee integration works so this is deifnitively on the side of HA.
This integration would be great but is limited by what the phoscon app can do. SO I would really like to try the ZHA.

Seems like you have been arround the different possibilities. Sorry to hear that it does not work. Just for reference, I use a RPi4 with ZHA on a USB3 port.

Have you tried both USB3 and USB2. Some people mention to use USB2, and some even mention they use a USB hub. However, not something I have tried. Another longshot, use a USB extender cable. You anyway need it when everything up running, to create a stable Zigbee network.

Otherwise Im out of ideas.

Hi
Yes I only used usb 2 slots as I know from experience with wireless mouse or keyboard that USB3 and 2.4ghz devices do not mix well together.
I used and extender cable but re-reading your post lead me to recheck things and the key was standing near the printer which was currently running on the wifi as I am recabling the house.
I moved it away and it worked!!!
What baffles me is that it works with the addon and not the the ZHA.
So the interferences are dealt by the addon but not ZHA? The error log isn’t very helping there.
I however looked for an explanation from what I understood and it would seem that the interferences causes disconnections of the (usb ? )port that are not supported by ZHA while they are best tolerated by the add on.
I am currious to get a more technical explanation there.

Anyway thanks for the help

Summary:

If it works with the addon but not with ZHA try a longuer cable/ better placement and beware of any 2.4ghz source that may causes interferences!

I’m having the same issue:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/connection.py:96
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:07:14 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:07:14
[140369141186272] Received invalid command: zha/configuration
DEVLINKS: >-
  /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2121513-if00
  /dev/serial/by-path/pci-0000:02:00.0-usb-0:2.2:1.0
DEVNAME: /dev/ttyACM0
DEVPATH: >-
  /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:11.0/0000:02:00.0/usb2/2-2/2-2.2/2-2.2:1.0/tty/ttyACM0
ID_BUS: usb
ID_MODEL: ConBee_II
ID_MODEL_ENC: ConBee\x20II
ID_MODEL_ID: '0030'
ID_PATH: pci-0000:02:00.0-usb-0:2.2:1.0
ID_PATH_TAG: pci-0000_02_00_0-usb-0_2_2_1_0
ID_REVISION: '0100'
ID_SERIAL: dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2121513
ID_SERIAL_SHORT: DE2121513
ID_TYPE: generic
ID_USB_DRIVER: cdc_acm
ID_USB_INTERFACES: ':020201:0a0000:'
ID_USB_INTERFACE_NUM: '00'
ID_VENDOR: dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH
ID_VENDOR_ENC: dresden\x20elektronik\x20ingenieurtechnik\x20GmbH
ID_VENDOR_ID: 1cf1
MAJOR: '166'
MINOR: '0'
SUBSYSTEM: tty
TAGS: ':systemd:'
USEC_INITIALIZED: '80016688579'

Same issue here. Anyone have any idea?

Having the same issue running in Virtualbox on a Intel NUC

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:152
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:15:59 AM (19 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:37:09 AM

Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py", line 492, in wait_for
    fut.result()

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 152, in async_initialize
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 69, in new
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 67, in startup
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 463, in version
    (self._proto_ver,) = await self[NetworkParameter.protocol_version]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 428, in read_parameter
    r = await self._command(Command.read_parameter, 1 + len(data), param, data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 313, in _command
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py", line 494, in wait_for
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

I am having the same problem on a Virtualbox on an Intel NUC as well. Did anyone find a solution?

Yes, even after the latest updates I am still having these issues. The only way to get ZHA to see the conbee is to completely restart the virtual machine. Quite frustrating. Again, not sure if this is a HA, VirtualBox or Conbee issue. But it wasn’t always like this.

I had this problem, and with me it was the VMS VboxVMService. This program starts up the Virtual machine automatically at start up of the PC and leaves an icon in the windows menu bar from where you can start and stop the home assistant virtual machine. When you stop the virtual machine in the VboxVMService and run it from the regular Virtual Machine application, you can run HomeAssistant, but for some reason you can not see the conbee II, I think because the port is linked to the VboxVMService application. So run I it from the VMS VboxVMService app and the Conbee II is accessible.

Hi,

RPI4 + Hass OS + RaspBee I
Same problem started last week (maybe) after upgrading the OS to v8.0, but downgrading to 7.x and upgrading to the latest 8.1 does not help. As checked the RaspBee works with Raspbian + Deconz/Phoscon app on an other RPI4.

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:182
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: May 20, 2022, 11:23:32 PM (590 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:51:03 PM

Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py", line 492, in wait_for
    fut.result()

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 182, in async_initialize
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 69, in new
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 84, in startup
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 464, in version
    (self._proto_ver,) = await self[NetworkParameter.protocol_version]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 429, in read_parameter
    r = await self._command(Command.read_parameter, 1 + len(data), param, data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 314, in _command
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py", line 494, in wait_for
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError'

I had the same problem, I deleted the Zigbee integration and reinstalled it, it fixed the problem

1 Like

Did you have to re-pair each of your devices? I’m assuming so and holding off having to do that to 90 devices scattered all over the property. Hoping for a fix before I have to take the whole property offline for a couple of dedicated days.
Meanwhile, I’m hanging in there with 2022.4.7.

To fully undo a ZHA installation you should also delete the zigbee.db file after removing ZHA integration.

FYI, zigpy developers are working on ConBee/RaspBee backup and restore of Zigbee network so you have the option to do a backup before removing and then restore so no need to repair then, see

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/zha-libraries-will-soon-support-conbee-raspbee-backup-and-restore-that-can-be-used-for-zigbee-network-migrations/374782

1 Like

I only have few devices but most did not need to be reconfigured, a couple of IKEA devices needed to be re configured.