Somfy Connectivity Kit support for Overkiz and/or HomeKit

I don’t think I can. It will show up if it is there.

However, feel free to create an issue on core repo, with your diagnostics info included. From that diagnostics info, I can see if a value is present.

OK, issue has been created. Hope I provided relevant information.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/67451

I have the same problem, HA does not show the blinds attached to the Connectivitry Kit, whereas the Somfy App sees and can control them (older RTS blinds). Is it possible, that HA does not support RTS blinds ?

You need the Overkiz (by Somfy) integration from core.

ok, thanks, i figured it out in the meantime, it works now

I would like to briefly describe my experience with “Somfy Connectivity kit”:

Devices I want to control:

a) Somfy roller shutter with oximo IO

b) Velux roller shutter with INTEGRA (io)

c) Velux electric window opener

d) Velux rain sensor (on window openers)

TaHoma app: a-c) all functions,
d) no display (I assume they are wired directly to the window openers in hardware).

HomeKit controller: a-b) work with known limitations (no stop).
c-d) no device / entity is detected.

Overkiz: not tested yet
Questions: 1. can I run “HomeKit Controller” and Overkiz in parallel?
2. do I need to pay special attention to something when I install Overkiz?

You can run them in parallel. With the benefit that HomeKit controller has local support, where Overkiz supports more devices.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer Mick.

I have now installed Overkiz in parallel with “HomeKit Controller”. As you described and as expected everything works with Overkiz. Also the Velux electric window openers.

Unfortunately the rain sensors of the Velux roof windows are not shown as an entity here either – a real pity.

Are they visible in the original Somfy app? If so; it should be easy to support them in Overkiz integration as well. Feel free to create a new issue attaching your diagnostics information.

no display in TaHoma App (I assume they are wired directly to the window openers in hardware).

Than we can’t expose them either unfortunately. Perhaps you can check the lock originator sensor at your cover, perhaps this will show ‘rain’ when rain is detected.

Where can I find this Lock-Originator-Sensor

Hello everyone,

I integrated the Tahoma Switch with Homekit-Controller, but there are no Devices. I added some shutter switches via Somfy app to Tahoma Switch.
How can I add this devices to Home Assistant?
Greetings

I’m looking for a local (non-cloud) integration of my somfy sunshades, currently undecided between Somfy Connectivity Kit and Velux KLF 200.

Seems kind of ridiculous not to be able to stop the blinds while they are moving :roll_eyes:

Before I go ordering the Connectivity Kit, is there any reference available which devices support do “Stop” functionality and which don’t?

Are you sure the connectivity kit supports the local API from Somfy?

I was planning to buy a connexoon till in read this thread. I did not know about the new connectivity kit but it seems very interesting and affordable. Can someone explain the difference between these two hubs? (Besides the price)

Thanks

Has anyone been able to test if the Connectivity Kit supports local API?

According to the Somfy Developer GitHub, it doesn’t.

Hi guys

Please do not shoot me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure this Somfy Connectivity Kit (or Tahoma mini or Tahoma Basic Plus) has an ESP inside.
Some pictures attached. In AP mode, E8 + 2 = EA.
Tried to open it, no luck yet.
PS. Sorry for reviving the topic, but I thought it’s unapropriate to open a new one only for this info.

I realized this too, but the question is - what are the possibilities with this ESP hardware inside the box?!