Somfy Connectivity Kit support for Overkiz and/or HomeKit

Dear All

i also want to control my screens and at HA, but wat is the best way ?
I see “connectivity kit” is used here with Overkiz intergration , looks ok. but does is really need that account, or is it temporarily needed…

And how is it integrated ? how to connect to the somfy screens. i have old screens installed at 2006, is that also supported.

Did you ever get more devices in then only the identify button (which is useless)?

I have a somfy tahoma box

The code is on a piece of paper inside the box, which contains the apple homekit info and a qr-code. The code at the qr-code must be filled in. It says for example 6745 and under that 4532. You fill in: 674-54-532

Hi and apologize in advance if my question is already answered, please point me to the correct posting in this case.
I have a Connectivity kit box and 4 rollers based on Somfy Altus RTS motors. I have the rollers discovered and working flawlessly in both Tahoma app and Overkiz integration in HASS. But when I try to configure through HomeKit Controller it does not find the 4 rollers, only 1 device the Connectivity Kit. Same thing is happening if I try to add the bridge directly in Apple HomeKit.

What is wrong here? The 4 rollers are discoverable through the Connectivity Kit otherwise I would not have them in either Tahoma app or Overkiz integration but are not available local. I’m totaly lost, please help.

!

Not all devices are supported via HomeKit, unfortunately.

1 Like

The very last question in this document describes which Somfy devices are compatible with Apple Homekit https://service.somfy.com/downloads/be_v5/faqhomekit_and_tahoma_compatibility.pdf

Ok, thanks, I’ve seen now that no RTS equipment is compatible with HomeKit.

Hello,

This is probably not the right place for my question and I apologise for that in advance, but unfortunately Somfy Support was unable to help me, so I’m trying here in desperation.

I had been using the Connectivity Kit via the Somfy App and Overkiz (and also Homekit) for 14 months without any problems. Then the connectivity kit died.

A new Connectivity Kit now does not recognise my roller shutters and window openers because the key from the old installation is still in the motors.

I reseted one Oximo io motor to the factory setting and it is now via the Connectivity Kit and works recognised (at least in the Somfy app, Overkiz in next step).

Since I have 10 roller shutters and 3 window openers, this way is very time-consuming. So here is my question:

Does anyone know an easier way to delete the old key?

Hi,
I have awning with sunea io motor and I would like to integrate it to the HA. Please could someone confirm to me that somfy conectivity kit with homekit will we the best solution for me? If not please advise some another solution.

I dont want to buy expensive tahoma switch or something else, or use cloud just for this one io-homecontroll motor. This doest not make sense for me.

Thx
Tom

Anyone thinking Connectivity Kit is a simple way to add Somfy rollos to HA, know that it is CLOUD CONNECTION ONLY.

Based on this thread and others, I made the move, but I haven’t read enough, and now I’m a bit disappointed. On their github Somfy devs say the required developer mode will never be supported as “the device does not have enough memory”. Whatever is the validity of this, for local control I guess there is only DIY radio way.

That is not entirely true as the Connectivity Kit supports HomeKit and therfor can be used locally.

Which I do for many month already.

I found homekit support to be very very limited. I have Somfy RTS working using my Tahoma Classic with the new local Overkiz integration (which I’m super happy with for my IO driven covers).

But still I prefer ESPSomfy for RTS. Very cheap and pretty easy to make (without soldering) using the detailed instructions, totally local, active developer, and best of all: it keeps track of the cover positions by timing and listening to all your physical remotes too:

I am on IO, so no ESP options.
but for what I need to control my covers, up, down, stop and percentages - homekit does the job and I am super happy.

That is not entirely true as the Connectivity Kit supports HomeKit and therfor can be used locally.

I noted a HomeKit device discovery by HA, but it doesn’t do anything besides listing the entity “HomeKit Device/Somfy Connectivity kit Identify”. @h3rb3rt do you perhaps know a way to use this directly in HA?

Hello,
have I missed something? Does stop_cover work for you?
I have been using the homekit_controller integration with the connectivity kit for local control for about 1 ½ years. It works satisfactorily with the exception of two points:

1. a cover status change is noticed very late by the system.
  2. up, down and percentages work. But NOT STOP

@poisonborz I did that ages ago, and it was quite simple. Adding the homekit addon to HA and entering the Homekit Code of the box, which was written on a paper added to the packaging

@uwe22 you are right homekit integration has not stop, my fault - as I am not using it at all :smiley:

I see that for tahoma switch & home kit the STOP command works, but for connectivity kit the STOP command doesn’t work. Is there any … ticket open, any … request addressed to fix this, any hope to have it resolved somewhen in future ?

I am hesitating today to buy a connectivity kit for SOMFY IO roller blinds with Homekit. I have not ordered yet

I see that some people mention that the Stop command does not work, some actually pretend it does.
By checking some documents about Velux KLF-050 which can be used directly to control Somfy IO, I see that the electrical system does:

Function of interface entries
OPEN/UP/ON is controlled by connecting C and UP (2-core cable required).
CLOSE/DOWN/OFF is controlled by connecting C and DOWN (2-core cable
required).
STOP is controlled by connecting C with both UP and DOWN (3-core cable
required).

Is it possible that similarly here STOP can be sent by sending UP and DOWN at the same time? (I am not hoping much since even on the KLF-050 it could be a different third signal for the STOP command)
Could someone test with Home Assistant?

Been reading through this thread and bought the connectivity kit for my existing Vertical Blinds (which is powered by a SMOFY Motor) to integrate into my existing HA setup…

HOWEVER, when I go to add my vertical blinds to the somfy tahoma app, there is no option for Vertical Blinds which is interesting given that the supplied RTS remote with the blind/motor is working fine where I am able to open the blinds by half going to left and half going to right & rotate the vertical slats in the blind…

I have been on call with Somfy to seek guidance but have recieved NO direction (the support agent just didnt know what to do)… Has anyone come across this? Any help with input on which type of blind I should pick ? Suppose I might have to just do trial and error?

Below are the options available under Windows and sun protection > Shades and curtains…

I also used VELUX controlls with my somfy motors, all not an issue as long as they are IO-homecontrol compatible.

Did you mean, that you are controlling a Somfy Device using a VELUX controller (e.g. KIG 300) ?