SOMFY ZRTSI Z-Wave to RTS Controller

I just installed a Z-WAVE USB stick with my Raspberry Pi using the All-in-one installer and paired it with a Somfy ZRTSI Contoller to operate my shades.

Home-Assistant seemed to automatically recognize the device as I now have a “Cover” widget that contains six items. Three are identified as Somfy Levels and three as Somfy Switches. However I am not able to raise or lower the shades by pressing the buttons. Nothing seems to happen.

They all work correctly when testing from the z-wave to RTS hardware itself.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am very new to all of this.

UPDATE: After rebooting the RPi again, a new panel showed up which has 3 switches on it and activates the shades. The other panel also works to raise and lower.

Now i am able to raise and lower each shade which is awesome! But the arrows are reversed (up goes down, etc) and I would like to give them names that make sense.

1 Like

Question for you - how are your shades installed with respect to the distance/number of walls between each?

I had a sales rep say that the bridge needs “direct line of sight” and I don’t buy that since my TELIS 1 handheld remote works from anywhere in my home.

I’m wondering if the performance is equal using the zwave bridge.

I have three shades in three different rooms on the second floor.

The bridge is on the first floor in my media closet close to my z-wave USB stick (that is the only way I could get it to connect). Probably 40-50 feet away from the furthest shades with several walls in between.

It seems to work fine controlling the shades. Except I have not really been able to get a good setup in home-assistant.

I just installed Somfy ZRTSI (z-wave RTS bridge) today myself.

I know this is a year old, but for the record, there IS a solution to the backwards up/down arrows.

Look at Cover Zwave Docs

It explains how to invert the direction.

super old, but to set the record straight …
My z-wave bridge is installed downstairs and can easily control my Somfy roller shades upstairs in the master bath with no true direct line of sight. Just FYI for anyone looking to invest. My range is approx 60ft to the furthest shades and has worked flawlessly for the last year, minus being able to report true open/close state which is not an issue for me.

1 Like

Did you need to do anything special to get them to show up in HA? I did the “Add node” thing for each of my virtual nodes in the ZRTSI, they all included successfully, but nothing is showing up in HA at all…they’re not even in the list of zwave nodes :frowning:

Did you every figure this out? I am in the same boat… ZRTSI controls my shades, and ZRTSI was added successfully via HASS, but no shades appear as devices or entities