Sonoff NSPanel Blueprint - Configure your own custom NSPanel easy via a Blueprint

hello @EdwardTFN , is there any guide to manage the NSPanel configuration with HA docker installation? I see only reference to add-on which are not availables on docker installation

You should not the HA docker for that, but install a separate ESPHome docker…
For the rest the procedure is the same

Basically all HA add-ons are just dockers added by the supervisor.

1 Like

Have you tried Indian/Mauritius ? Timezones look like they use the TZ database.

1 Like

no not working and am trying with other country but still nothing :sleepy:.is there a way to offset the time?
!

finally after some research it’s working.Thank you so much

Hi,

I updated to 4.1.4 and now when I open the blueprint to change some things, it does not show any buttons I previously defined, although they are still on the NSPanel.
Also, there are like 6 NSPanel Configuration entries under Automisation.

What could I do?

Thats the “empty” blueprint.

Thats all the configs that popup under Automisation.

Hi,
first of all - great work! This blueprint and the work behind it is the reason I got the NSPanel!

Installation went really smooth, however I have one thing that bothers me a bit. I have attached a video of it here:

The button pages loading feels very laggy, and I don’t really understand why.
I have been watching this video, where everything is behaving as I would expect. (The one from Mark Watt from 10 months ago, I unfortunately cannot add 2 links as new user)

I have already enabled “Show pages while loading?” in the blueprint. And am using the most recent version of everything.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks!

This is the video I am talking about: https://youtu.be/b7vW4YtUaTs?si=TN2HtMeU0NbfTN3_&t=135

What do you see in your panel’s screen?

How have you solved that?

hello i just add this (see below) into the root of ESPHOME .yaml by changing only the number <-4> increase or decrease it according to your country time ! sorry for my bad english and am not a PRO like you i don’t know if it’s good or bad but the main thing is it’s working great for me!! BTW you did a great job i love it soo much thank you so much

1 Like

Hi, When I want to validate the config fie in ESPhome I get this error message.

INFO Reading configuration /config/esphome/nswoonkamer.yaml...
INFO Updating https://github.com/Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint@main
Failed config

packages: [source /config/esphome/nswoonkamer.yaml:17]

nspanel_esphome.yaml is not a valid YAML file. Please check the file contents.
  remote_package:  [source /config/esphome/nswoonkamer.yaml:18]
    url: https://github.com/Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint
    ref: main
    files: 
      - nspanel_esphome.yaml
    refresh: 1s

Can anyone help me identify which is which in terms of setting it up, It looks like the red and green are the called “sensors” but makes no sense to me to get two under there and another one in the middle of the top bar,
I don’t know what the yellow purple ones are

And the blue ones I can only get there the entities list or the alarm, can’t get any lights icon or anything

eu_home
Can anyone help me identify which color is what?

Testing is very slow due to update process for sexton display being like this (I know it is a manufacturer issue)

Also I don’t know how to go to the brightness settings place

Also at boot up my unit only shows the TFT and ESPHome verso, not th blue print one (blue print one is the latest downloaded from GitHub yesterday.

Purple: Relay 1, relay 2, climate and then chips 1 to 7.
Green and orange: value 03 and it’s icon
Red: value 01 and value 02 with icons
Blue:

• First row: Custom buttons
  • Second row: Notification, QR code, Entities pages and alarm
2 Likes

Please make sure your ESPHome is updated and clean the build files (ESPHome dashboard, find your device and click the 3-dot menu, then select “Clean build files”).
If this is not working, please make sure your ESPHome host have access to the Internet.

Lovely, might be useful to add it to the guide.

Also took me a long time to find how to configure the text to generate the WIFI QR, might be useful if it was in the guide too.

Anyhow, Thanks a lo for the support and the project, its working perfectly now!

1 Like

No luck, clean build files give me the same error as when i want to validate. ESPHome is updated and host is connected to the internet HA is also up to date.

hello the NSpanel is working great am very happy!! i have one question is safe to keep the display ON or should i put it on sleep mode?

Edit: problem solved by removing the nspanel esp32 device I had added before, and creating a new one.

I’ve been trying to install this, but I’m failing to flash the esphome code to the NSPanel. I created the device in ESPHome, changed the YAML for my local wifi setup/…, and when I tell it to install, it loops indefinitely on “Connecting”. The logs only show 2023-12-16 10:26:14,668 INFO 304 GET /devices (0.0.0.0) 3.48ms every 5 seconds.

I can connect fine to the board using esptool, and I was successful in dumping the 4MiB flash to disk using esptool, so the serial connection appears to be working fine.

I’m trying this on linux/chromium with a DTD Tech SH-U09C5 USB to TTL Adapter.

I’m not sure what to try next to get the connection/flashing going? Wondering if esptool can interfere with esphome? I haven’t unplugged/replugged the dongle after reading the flash with esptool. Also wondering it matters when I plug my wires to the NSPanel board? Should I plug my USB dongle, start the install in ESPHome, and the plug the wires to the NSPanel? Is it fine to plug the wires, plug the USB dongle, and then start the install?
Fwiw, I’d probably be perfectly fine if I had a way to get a ESPHome binary file to flash manually using esptool, but I don’t know how to get that :slight_smile:

Any hints to get me going further would be great :stuck_out_tongue:

So, as I understood you could set the device on ESPHome dashboard and successfully compiled to a .bin file, but then are struggling to flash this into your panel using a TTL interface, is that correct?

If so, are you sure you are wiring the system correctly? You need esp_tx connected to ttl_rx and vice versa. Esp_Gnd and esp_IO0 must both be connected to ttl_GND (or you can connect esp_IO0 to another esp_gnd available in your board) and esp_3.3v must be connected to ttl_3.3v (be careful here as connecting to an incorrect voltaga may burn your board)

I was stuck before this, device created manually in ESPHome dashboard, but when trying to flash it using the TTL interface, it never managed to connect (which means no .bin compilation either). Since my message, I’ve tried to remove my esp32 device and recreate it, and now esphome managed to connect, I waited several minutes for 2023-12-16 14:43:30,247 INFO Running command 'esphome --dashboard compile /config/esphome/nspanel.yaml', and now it successfully flashed the device.

There must have been some leftovers from my previous attempts causing issues! All is good now.

1 Like