Sonoff TH16 temperature sensors stopped refreshing the temperatura

Hello Guys,

I am using HA to operate the heating for my house for the past two years without any issues. I set up the SONOFF switches and temperature sensors to work ocver the LAN and used AlexxIT integration for the Sonoff and HA.

Today suddenly I felt a bit cold and I saw that the sensors for the temperatures are gone. They are saying Non-Numeric value and the value is “Unknown” I tried everything that you can think of but the temperature cannot come back which makes my heating literaly gone… Does anyone have an idea what could cause this. Nothing was changed no routers no devices no configuration tweaks…

Regards,
Vasko

1 Like

Looks to me like the temperature sensor is defective. Happened here too a while ago. After having replaced it all went back to normal.

Now when you said it i remember it happened once but only the defective sensor was not working. Now all of them are showing like that and the interesting part is that in the eWeLink app they are showing all good. If i switch the mode of the Sonoff to cloud for example it shows the value but it doesn’t update in the HA only in the eWeLink. I will try to narrow down the problematic sensor and will update you back.

Thanks!

I decided to get a brand new installation of the Homa Assistant and tried all the sensors one by one and unfortunately each and every one of them for temperature and humidity it gives the below:

my sonoff configuration is below. I preefer to use local than cloud.

sonoff:
  username: **************
  password: **************
  mode: local
  reload: always  # update device list every time HA starts
  force_update: [temperature, power]
  scan_interval: '00:00:30'  # (optional) default 5 minutes
  sensors: [temperature, humidity, power, current, voltage]

I am going to buy one new sensor and check out if prolem is solved, but this would be interesting coincidence all sensors to go wrong.

Strange indeed because I have exactly the same setup (config) and temperature and humidity are updated and displayed flawlessly.

How many Sonoff TH10/16 do you have? And all are failing on temperature and humidity?

What wonders me is that they are showing “unknown” but not “unavailable” on your side which is basically saying that the sensors are not detected.

How did you install SonoffLAN, manually or through HACS → Integrations ?

I have 3 TH16’s and they are all acting like this.

It was installed manually not trough HACS. Does that makes any difference?

Regards,
Vasko

Shouldn’t. But anyway, before spending money for a new sensor I would try to install SonoffLAN through HACS. Don’t forget to delete the config-entries inside configuration.yaml (besides of …/custom_components/sonoff) and restart HA before installing the integration through HACS.

BTW, you have not installed “eWeLink Smart Home” with your HA, have you? If it is installed I would remove it. Don’t run eWeLink Smart Home and SonoffLAN in parallel.

Another thing to suggest and test when i think of now is this:

I have mikrotik HAP ac. that is the main router. In one of the rooms I have TP-Link Access Point that is connected to the router through cable and it broadcasts different SSID but the main router is set the way that all devices connected to the AP are within the same subnet and range so basically one network.

I read somewhere about problems with multicast and will try to remove the access point and see if it will work. Up until now no issues for the past as I said almost two years and now suddenly this… Only one POW2 switch is connected to the AP instead of the router because it’s far away but that switch is working fine. All temperature sensors are connected diretly to the router. However I will try installing sonofflan using HACS as well.

Thanks!

Also interesting is that when I log in to eWeLink on my phone. I can see those sensors and their readings. So sensors probably are good and something within my network is playing games with me… :slight_smile:

I don’t have installed the sonoff original component for HA along with the Sonoff lan.

Hi, have you found the resolution?
I have just noticed that my temperature entity for TH16 is not refreshed. There is no temperature property for TH16 entity. It was working well and just stopped…

I am having a similar problem. My sonoff devices show up on the ewelink app but only the th16 with temperature sensor would not refresh in HA with sonofflan. The th16 is unavailable in HA.
Anybody resolved this? Running 2022.7.0 and sonofflan 3.1.0 on debian 11

maybe we should create a group of all TH16 devices and turn on for seconds every hour ?
i have the same problem here…

a simple way is to toggle TH16 switches every hour.
(i translated all sonoff switches to lights and i created a group which includes all of my 3 TH16)

this is the automation i made to toggle TH16 every hour. I toggle their status twice with a few second interval.
i just have to leave it for a few days to see if the sensors will be lost… :slight_smile:

alias: Toggle TH16 every 1 hour
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    id: Toggle TH16
    hours: '*'
    minutes: '1'
condition: []
action:
  - service: light.toggle
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: light.th16_sensors
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 2
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: light.toggle
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: light.th16_sensors
mode: single

trigger:
    hours: '*'
    minutes: '1'

Means it will trigger every minute.

I think you mean:

trigger:
    hours: '1'

it means that it will trigger every hour, the 1st minute. :slight_smile:

alias: Toggle TH16 every 1 hour
description: ''
trigger:
    hours: "/1"

anyway, if it works for you, its fine.
it also works for me with these sleepy TH16s…

I found when the battery voltage dips below 3.1 V or so, I had the same problems. Providing a power source that exceeds that voltage fixed the sensors.

I have the same problem. I installed a SONOFF THR316 to measure my hot water tank temperature and act as sensor in a HA Generic Thermostat to control the boiler for water heating. It worked well for a few days then started showing “unknown” for both temperature and humidity in HA. I am integrating it through SONOFF LAN and do not have the eWelink integration.

The eWelink app is showing “–” for temperature and humidity – so it does not seem to have anything to do with the integration. It is connected to Wi-Fi using a TP-Link Deco M5 mesh, which reports the signal as strong. I was able to update the firmware to version 1.1.0.

Return? Replace? Or use another product?