SONOFF ZBMINI not switching off

Hi.

I have a question which I was originally going to post on the topic of automation (thinking I was not doing the automation correctly) but now I am wondering if it is more of a hardware issue.

I am controlling my water heater using two automations, one to turn a SONOFF ZBMINI switch on when a temperature probe passes a low value (50 C) and one to turn the same ZBMINI off when a temperature probe passes a high value (60 C). The automations were built using the interface (not from manual yaml writing). The problem I am having is that the automation does not always appear to be turning off the ZBMINI after passing the 60 C threshold temperature. The fault does appear to be intermittent.

On the electrical side the ZBMINI is wired as a replacement for the heating programmer, i.e. it replaces the wall mounted controller. When the ZBMINI doesn’t switch off, the tank thermostat takes over and the temperature is maintained above the 60 C threshold (the manual thermostat keeps the temperature between 62 C and 65 C).

From the Zigbee Home Automation (ZHA) integration I copied the following log info from the logbook of the ZBMINI device and reordered to make sense (?)

The following operated as expected and the temperature data agrees with the time that it was turned on. I think this is working OK.

HotWater turned on triggered by automation HotWaterTurnOn<50C triggered by numeric state of megaflo tank sensor 1
03:14:44 - 8 hours ago

The following operated as expected and the temperature data agrees with the time that it was turned off. I think this is also working OK.

HotWater turned off triggered by automation HotWaterTurnOff>60C triggered by numeric state of megaflo tank sensor 1
03:36:44 - 8 hours ago

The following indicates that something else (not an automation, not an interactive button-press on the home assistant interface) operated the relay less than 3 minutes after the automation turned the switch off. As the timestamp indicates this was during the night so no human interaction.

HotWater turned on
03:39:06 - 7 hours ago

This was me confirming what shows up in the logbook if I manually switch the hot water on using the physical rocker switch which connects to the ZBMINI.
HotWater turned off
11:03:44 - 3 minutes ago
HotWater turned on
11:02:47 - 4 minutes ago

Q1 - Has anyone else experienced spurious turning back on or off of a device?
Q2 - Could there be other home assistant causes for the log “HotWater turned on”, noting that it is typically much more descriptive, saying “… triggered by…”
Q3 - Could the problem described here for the ZBMINI-L (a different device) also affect this device? Sonoff ZBMini-L randomly turning off?

Thank you for reading.
David

is there a ‘HotWater became Unavailable’ in the logbook ?

Hi Francis,

No, there are only the logs I have listed. (I assume you mean in the same device logbook)