SP108E digital wifi light strip controller

Has anyone had experience with this controller? Is it supported by Home Assistant? Seems like a nice piece of hardware.

https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Controller-Wireless-SK6812-RGBW-Addressable/dp/B07DDB6JHJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1540186556&sr=8-2&keywords=SP108E

1 Like

Hi,
Just recently I analyzed this piece of hardware.
Find the details in the wiki of Tasmota.
https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki/SP108E-LED-strip-controller.
ESP8266 GPIO0 is directly connected to VCC, so cannot replace the firmware. But an ESP-12 cost 2.3 EUR, replacing that should do it.

If someome finds a way to OTA upgrade, that would be authum.

regards, Dieter.

So currently there is no way to use the SP108E with home assistant? Because I am searching for a “already working” controller with WIFI support for my WS2812B stripes. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @FauthD my version seem to be a bit different, and after some investigation I’m not sure my rx/tx connected to something, how can i be sure ?

I found this info on the protocol that was recently figured out:

I took what he put together and ported it to python, I’m trying to figure out what I need to do to turn this into a full on integration.

Everything here is working except for setting segment count and LEDs per segment (the calls work but the value that gets set is not what you want). This also doesn’t have any functionality for setup, that has to be done through the phone app.

1 Like

Any update here?

I’ve been trying to do the same and have created a simple Node web server for controlling my sp108e. And am now setting up IFTTT to call it via my Google Home. If interested: https://www.npmjs.com/package/sp108e

Hi,

Could you explain how you made it working? I’m trying it also, without succes.

Hi everyone,

I have finally succeeded in doing what I wanted to do.
Please check my git project : https://github.com/kpagnat/sp108e-ha

Hope this helps !

Thats a neat solution. Sadly i dont have a spare PI laying around. I’m also searching a better solution. I could update it here with my findings if you like.

hi,

have a sp108e for ws2815 integration that i just put up on git hub.

seem to be ok:
on / off (toggle)
brightness
color
effects / presets

thanks, sam

6 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing this integration, I’m trying to figure it out with SK6812_RGBW with SP108E but color combination still not matching, In the app it uses GRB combinations. Appreciate if someone can guide me here please :slight_smile:

Thanks in Advance,
Roy

Any hope on this pls

Works great. I have just set up my SP108E and the WS2815 LEDs. Thanks for the custom integration.

created a new config-flow branch to use the integration UI for config and support
automations.

just testing it now, its kinda cool to have both strips on one card.

2 Likes

Just found this and it’s perfect for what I’m after. just one thought, is there a way to make the colour mode of the strip (e.g. RGB, GRB) configurable from the config flow? Happy to have a stab myself if someone points me at the right place.

@samhstein, while implementing your Repo, I’ve got following errors.
Thanks for your support.
Vic

Logger: homeassistant.loader
Source: loader.py:794
First occurred: 8:18:39 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:18:39 PM

No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘sp108e_ws2815’. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘sp108e_ws2815’

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: custom_components/sp108e_ws2815/pyledshop/WifiLedShopLight.py:285
Integration: Light (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:18:41 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:18:41 PM

Error adding entities for domain light with platform sp108e_ws2815
Error while setting up sp108e_ws2815 platform for light
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 364, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 558, in _async_add_entity
await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 581, in add_to_platform_finish
self.async_write_ha_state()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 334, in async_write_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 370, in _async_write_ha_state
attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/init.py”, line 779, in state_attributes
data[ATTR_EFFECT] = self.effect
File “/config/custom_components/sp108e_ws2815/pyledshop/WifiLedShopLight.py”, line 285, in effect
current_effect = list(both.keys())[list(both.values()).index(self._state.mode)]
ValueError: 252 is not in list

here you’ll find the solution: GitHub - samhstein/sp108e_ws2815 at config-flow

1 Like

Very nice to have an integration. But setting a solid color isn’t working for me. Anybody else has this issue?

I posted it on the github page:

1 Like

I use Sam’s new flow. It works well with my SP108

GitHub - samhstein/sp108e_ws2815 at config-flow