Speedtest Integration No longer loading

I’m finding that since the last update that I’m getting a permissions error in the Mosquitto logs - have you seen this?

2022-10-03 17:23:14: New connection from 172.30.33.0:41926 on port 1883.

and the following when I run the shell script manually

Error: The connection was refused.

No issues with the broker or errors for me

Thanks David - something else to go and bang my head against…

I’ve seen some people complaining about mqtt with latest update in another thread but it’s rock solid here.

1 Like

I restarted Mosquitto a few times and it’s working again :man_facepalming:t3:

No idea what was wrong with it

2 Likes

Its appears that there as a change at speedtest’s end which resulted in @DavidFW1960’s script failing. Not sure if this affects all users or just those within Europe.

The following change fixed it for me;

*# DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE*

speedtest_result=$(sudo speedtest --format=json --accept-license)

to:

*# DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE*

speedtest_result=$(sudo speedtest --format=json --accept-gdpr)

Hope that helps anyone who’s woken up to find that broken :slight_smile:

Only Europe I think… no problems here

I think I’d use

sudo speedtest --format=json --accept-license --accept-gdpr
2 Likes

How/where do I make the changes on this. I have lost the service speedtestdotnet.speedtest. If I run the automation it fails because of the service not being available. If I uninstall and reinstall it will update but the automation does not succeed.Has been working for a couple of years without issue.
I am running Home Assistant 2023.2.3 Supervisor 2023.01.1 Operating System 9.5 om a NUC.
Thanks

That service was deprecated in 2022.9 and removed in 2022.11.

If you want to force an update on speed test, use homeassistant.update_entity using the speedtest entities as a target entity_id.

1 Like

Thanks very much. Now up and running again.

1 Like

Hi. Are you still using this script? If so, are your test speeds consistent? Mine test between 800 - 400 Mbps download.

yes still using

Looks consistent to me

Possibly I need to change the server that is closer to me? Is this possible with the script you have provided?

you can definitely do that. Check the speedtest Cli commands and edit the script to suit

hmmm. I have tried variations below and it does not work. It produces no results.

--server 3586
--server-id=3586
speedtest_result=$(sudo speedtest --format=json --server-id=3586 --accept-license)

Try -s 3586 (only 1 -) maybe…

Yes, did also tried with -s as well. No good.

Sorry to bring this back to life, but you need to use --server-id

e.g.

speedtest_result=$(sudo speedtest --format=json --accept-license --server-id=14670 )