I don’t know what it all takes to do but to be able to get sports scores in HA would be awesome!
What sports scores?
I think a core integration is probably unlikely as a lot of these API’s aren’t public and/or charge for access. Here’s a couple of options though.
- Got Home Assistant to grab the game info for my NHL team and trigger for game starts, goals, and end of game
- NHL Stats API Integration Into Home Assistant (custom integration)
- Goalfeed integration (NHL and MLB)
- How to get your favourite MLB team’s scores in Home Assistant
- Binary sensor for when your NFL team is playing
Thanks for your response. I’m newer to HA but I can see how not having one place for all sports to get them from would be a pain to develop. I was mainly interested in NBA but I’ll checkout Goalfeed for MLB. Thanks for your time.
The MagicMirror project has a great Scoreboard - https://github.com/jclarke0000/MMM-MyScoreboard
Would be nice if HA had something similar!
this NFL one is my favorite. I want someone (I’m willing to help as well, but am really a novice coder) to help build these out more for other sports (NHL, MLB, NBA, Soccer, etc)
This looks very promising. I don’t know the first step to make this HA friendly but it appears as though the groundwork is there. Someone should be able to do this right?
One would think!