Sports Standings and Scores

Guessing you could just do an if else else on that ‘#’ column - similar to the rankings up and down code. If ‘#’<=4 do this, if 5-6 do this and if =>16 do this. And the do this is something @kbrown01 worked on last year on the flex-table card here:https://community.home-assistant.io/t/flex-table-card/461173/53

Thanks @kbrown01 that was my error. Moving them around 1 of the files didn’t have sensor: at the top - that fixed it.

I figured it out . I think it’s not the perfect solution but for my needs it’s enough.

type: custom:flex-table-card
entities:
  include: sensor.team_tracker_bund_tabelle
columns:
  - name: Rank
    data: entries
    modify: |-
      if (x.stats[10].value >=16 )
         '<div style="background-color: #ff2c0a;">' + x.stats[10].value + '</div>';
      else if (x.stats[10].value >=5 )
         '<div style="background-color: #202124;">' + x.stats[10].value + '</div>';
      else if (x.stats[10].value <=4 )
         '<div style="background-color: #ea8109;">' + x.stats[10].value + '</div>';         
    align: center
  - name: Logo
    data: entries

Not sure if you were able to add lines to your template per @bburwell 's share? This is what I do. Add more lines, change them, change the color - your choice. I only define the top 4 (nth-child 4) and bottom 2 (nth-child 16).

bundesliga_settings:
    card:
      type: custom:flex-table-card
      title: '[[title]]'
      css:
        table+: 'padding: 0px; width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; margin-top:12px;'
        tbody tr td:first-child: 'width: 1%;'
        tbody tr td:nth-child(2): 'width: 9%;'
        tbody tr td:nth-child(n+3): 'width: 3%;'
        tbody tr:hover: 'background-color: dimgrey!important; color:white!important;'
        tbody tr:nth-child(4): 'border-bottom: 1px solid dodgerblue!important;'
        tbody tr:nth-child(16): 'border-bottom: 1px solid crimson!important;'
      card_mod:
        style:
          .: |
            ha-card {
              overflow: auto;
              }
          $: |
            .card-header {
               padding-top: 6px!important;
               padding-bottom: 4px!important;
               font-size: 14px!important;
               line-height: 14px!important;
               font-weight: bold!important;
             }

@ehcah nice. Do you have a github page? I was going to start building out MLS and UEFA but it looks like you already have that built. Would love to copy those files, sensors, templates, etc. and pay you with heaps of Kudos :wink:

Thanks and nicely done!!!

@bburwell No github or pastebin. I’m sure I could figure something out though. Happy to share anything I have.

One challenge I’ve run into. With 570 + various sensors for sports alone, my HA server has been slowing down. As a result, I’ve start hashing out some sensors that aren’t required today. As mentioned above, I did update all my multiscrape sensors to rest or template.

Multiscrape: 1
Template: 69
Rest: 148
TeamTracker: 352

I actually pulled all sensors off my server and added them onto a fresh HA install on proxmox where I keep a few machines spun up for other purposes. I thought a dedicated HA Sports Dashboard machine would be the answer. This works well for a few days and then slows. My intention is to add it back as a webpage dashboard on my server.

Yeah I have been noticing the slowdown as well. That was why I asked the question earlier about splitting up the sensors and templates. I plan on streamlining the dashboards and looking to maybe create a seasonal rotation for sports I kind of follow and then keep the main ones year around. I am also going to play around at some point with polling.

Funny thing is that I originally started looking at this because I wanted to have a scrolling marquee that I send updates to a bunch of Hub75’s. Right now I’m just sending Padres updates to a couple WS2812B’s.

Because of @kbrown01 great work this has kind of turned into something akin to eating potato chips - you think you can stop after a couple but there is always another tempting option to chose

2 Likes

Do we have any MLB playoff views yet?

I was looking at what @mandolin did last year but I haven’t tried the code yet. Maybe give it a try - https://community.home-assistant.io/t/sports-standings-and-scores/547094/443

1 Like