Stack-In-Card: Drop-in replacement for vertical-stack-in-card

Damn, it was that easy.
thank you!

Hello, please excuse my bad english.

Can I implement this compilation with the ā€œStack in cardā€? That I only have a framework for everything?

Did you try with group: true instead of false in each mini-media-player config?

Yes, just add a single stack-in-card around your current configuration.

I have tested that out and it only groups the media players closer together within the stack, but the cards still add there transparency / colour together to end up being darker than normal (as per my screenshots above)

EDIT: thank you! that actually works, I just needed to test it on a different lovelace page due to the background image

Hi. Is there any solution for this on the horizon? All my pages in the UI consist only of stack-in-cards and therefore the layout is completely messed up (all stacks display in only one column). Even layout-card cannot fix the problem. Would be nice to know if there will be a solution some time in the future, because otherwise I have to rework my UI and get rid of the stack-in-card (which would be a shame).
Thanks!

Yes thereā€™s a solution but I need to find some time to update the card :blush: Iā€™m quite busy latelyā€¦

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the quick reply. And take your time. Good to know that there is at least something on the horizon.

Is it possible to adjust the width on Stack-in-card ?
i place some button-card inside and i canā€™t adjust the width
thanks

Is anyone else seeing any issues with rounded corners? Specifically, Iā€™m using the iOS themes pack from @basnijholt and here is what Iā€™m seeing:

This happens everywhere Iā€™m using a stack-in-card, but not to any of my other cards.

Hi, @RomRider!

Has there been any movement on this issue? Thanks in advance.

Sorry completely forgot about this one, let me look at it over the weekend :blush:

1 Like

@RomRider, thanks! Do let us know if thereā€™s a ā€œBuy me a Beerā€ button available somewhere: I looked for one with no luck.

There is none, on purpose, but thanks for thinking about it :blush:

2 Likes

I am unable to stack the following entities, am I doing something wrong or is there a bug with HA 0.117.0?

• type: ā€˜custom:stack-in-cardā€™
    title: null
    mode: vertical
    cards:
    • type: vertical-stack
      cards:
      • type: entities
        entities:
        • entity: sensor.daily_energy
        • entity: sensor.monthly_energy
        • entity: sensor.daily_gas
        • entity: sensor.monthly_gas
    • type: vertical-stack
      cards:
      • type: gauge
        entity: sensor.power_consumption
        min: 0
        max: 40

Iā€™ve just upgaded to .117 and none of my stack in cards now work.

Thanks a lot for the ā€œstack-in-cardā€, I am using it a lot in my setup.
Moved from ā€œvertical-stack-in-cardā€.
The ā€œkeepā€ properties are very useful.
Only one thing which I am worried about is an ā€œall cards are placed in one columnā€ issue which was already mentioned here.

:tada::tada: Version 0.2.0 :tada::tada:

New Features

• Support for async getCardSize, it should fix all cards sitting in one column.
3 Likes

Thank you very much, now it works & looks fantastic !
All cards seem to be placed properly.

Still doesnā€™t fix my problem as mentioned 2 posts earlier.

Any idea what I am doing wrong there?

Hi, I just updated to this version but it has a major breaking issues. I have a lot of nested cards, like button-cards inside a swiper card and that inside a stack-in-card, which is inside a switch-card. With the new update all nested cards inside stack-in-card are deleted. It has always worked fine, so something major has been changed with the code. I donā€™t really know what though.

How can I trouble shoot this and help fix it? My code is pretty complex with cards within cards, so Iā€™m not sure what to do right now. I have cleared chache and tried different browsers and devices.

Edit: One thing I notice now with testing: when I edit my lovelace yaml to reload the dashboard everything appears again, until I refresh or close the tab. Then all those nested cards are gone again.

Edit: Though the results are mixed across my devices (what does and doesnā€™t get deleted) one thing is clear: everything inside a stack-in-card->swiper-card> is gone. So I think the new update doesnā€™t play nicely with swiper card somehowā€¦

Edit: I created a Github ticket with further elaboration.