Star Trek LCARS Theme

I’m sorry for the trouble you’ve had. Please let me know if you have any trouble after you rename the entities.

Got it working. The naming of the entity is SOOO fussy! You cannot just modify the entity ID, it whines about keeping the domain name the same (whatever that is supposed means) so I had to name them very carefully.

I got it to work by naming the entities lcars_sound and lcars_texture which forced it to create Entity Ids of input_boolean.lcars_sound and input_boolean.lcars_texture.

1 Like

Well, for whatever reason, it seems it can’t find your entity. If you have verified that the entity id is exactly
input_boolean.lcars_sound and not input_boolean.input_boolean.lcars_sound
the only other thing I can think of at the moment is to make sure that the entities are enabled:

1 Like

See above. Thanks for the help. Got there is the end.

1 Like

Great! Glad you got it working.

1 Like

I just want to share, that I’ve build an LCARS themed tablet with HADashboard based on Rene Todes Skin.
Skin: LCARS (star trek) beta - Third party integrations / HADashboard - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

3 Likes

is it possible to add a picture background to this theme, with the thinking of making it look similar

Since the last HA update I no longer get the clock in the upper corner of the screen, it says unknown instead. I’m not sure if it’s the update or something else, I had to reinstall the threedy card 2 times because of an issue with that right after the update.

Any pointers on where to look to sort this out? I’m assuming it’s a sensor somewhere that’s off.

1 Like

There are many ways to accomplish this, though I have not done them myself. You can check in the card-mod documentation because that is what you would do it with. Also, if you join the HA-LCARS Discord server, you can ask all the wonderful folks there how they did it. They are smart, friendly people.

Sorry for the long wait on this reply. I have been swamped with work and life. I’ll have to investigate the clock issue, and someone has already suggested an update to the documentation on a better way to implement it.
I am much more responsive on the Discord server, BTW, and you also get the added benefit of the brilliant community there who often help in ways I can’t.

I just updated to the latest version, and I am unable to reproduce your issue. You might want to check to make sure your time configuration is still intact in your configuration file (check the documentation for more details). Also, I love your replicator. :sunglasses:

I found the issue. I created a bunch of sensors for my printer in the sensor.yaml file and somewhere, somehow, it screwed up the date/time sensors. It was strange because I was not getting a configuration error. I just happened to stumble across it when I started trying to add another sensor below the date/time ones

1 Like

Hi there! I have created a Stardate sensor entity, and I would like to replace the clock in the header with it. What would be the best way? Thanks!

I’ve spent the past couple of days implementing this on my HA dashboard and it is awesome.

Thanks so much for this!

The only slight glitch I have is a misalignment in a grid card

The section “Todays Financials” is a custom:layout-card with a layout_type: custom:grid-layout of 2 columns at 50% 50%

As you can see, the middle bar is misaligned with the header and footer. I suspect it’s a padding issue, but as I understand it, standard CSS styles may not work inside this theme. The yaml is shown below. Can anyone fix this for me please?

Thanks.

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: markdown
    card_mod:
      class: bar
    content: '# Todays Financials'
    card_mod:
      class: header-contained
    content: '#  '
  - type: custom:layout-card
    layout_type: custom:grid-layout
    cards:
      - type: gauge
        card_mod:
          class: middle
        entity: >-
          sensor.octopus_energy_electricity_xxxxxx_xxxxxxx_current_accumulative_cost
        segments:
            to: -13.5
            color: '#04d916'
            to: -13
            color: '#16db18'
        needle: true
        min: -14
        max: 10
        name: Import Cost
        card_mod:
          class: middle-right
        entity: sensor.electricity_bill_today
        segments:
        name: Net Cost
        card_mod:
          class: middle
        entity: sensor.solar_accounting_outgoing_fixed_compensation
        name: Export Value
        segments:
        card_mod:
          class: middle-right
        entity: >-
          sensor.octopus_energy_gas_xxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx_current_accumulative_cost
        segments:
            to: 0.25
            to: 0.5
            to: 0.75
            color: '#29e11b'
            to: 1
        name: Gas Bill
        min: 0
    layout:
      width: 300
      max_cols: 2
      grid-template-columns: 50% 50%
    card_mod:
      class: footer-contained

Hello!

I just gave it a try, and I love it.

That’s how my panel in my man cave now looks:

Thank you very much!

Bye
Tiggr

1 Like

beautiful! Definitely want this on a touchscreen

1 Like

Hi,

Something has changed for button card, following the update of Core 2024.2.0. The icons are no longer displayed correctly.

Before

After

Lots of the buttons are affected like this. An update to Lcars will hopefully solve it.

Hi, You can apply this solution before the official fixed comes out.

It doesn’t appear to solve the button icon problem, I still have an issue after the mods and re-starting ha. The icons on some buttons are lit when the light is off, and dim when the light is on! The pill button icons don’t change at all when toggling the functions.