šŸ“ State Notifications & Actions

@jsp196

Hay nice oneā€¦ sorry for that and thanks for the heads up :wink:. I will fix it ASAP and do an update now :+1:

Blacky :smiley:

New Update 1.2

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed a bug in ā€œStart Trigger - Numeric State Above Optionā€ where a defaul value was not set preventing you from saving the blueprint if nothing was selected. Thanks @jsp196 for giving us the heads up.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Question now that Iā€™m going to use this for more things - I currently run HASS.Agent on a desktop computer. I can call the notify.computername service using the same format as the iOS app. It also supports actionable notifications. But this device does not show up in the picker of this blueprint for Start Notify - Devices To Notify. Is there a way to allow all notify-capable devices to work? I could see an instance where I would want my Alexa to say something or another device to receive the notification. Currently it only lists devices that are included in the Mobile App integration. Thanks!

I havenā€™t tested it but you could try to copy tour entity of the device you would like to otify then enter in mobile phone / then edit the automation in YAML (top right 3 dots) / the paste your entity replacing the mobile phone and save. Your device should be there.

or you can enter in a start actions.

Test it out an let us know.

Another great template!

One thing I think is missing is the ability to set the notification persistent and be able to dismiss from an action button.

I have this template binary_sensor that goes ON on specific trigger and can be reset from the press of an input_button. If I could present a persistent notification on my mobile device while binary sensor is in ON state and add an action to press the input_button (which subsequently sets back the binary_sensor to OFF), it would be perfect for my use case.

Thanks.

Have a look at the below blueprint as it just may be what your looking for.

1 Like

The ā€œDataā€ field is need for the notifications. Android phones need items such as:
ttl: 0
priority: high

Otherwise the notifications wonā€™t show if the phone is asleep.

Thanks for the head up, I will add it to the list.

I have a bug in automation:

Error in ā€˜State Notifications & Actionsā€™ trigger: In ā€˜numeric_stateā€™ condition: entity switch.lazienka_switch state ā€˜onā€™ cannot be processed as a number

@pidzej

Thanks for pointing this out. The automation runs but has some error logs. I will look into it.

With your State please use all lower case. So it should be ā€œonā€ not ā€œONā€ without the quotes so = on

If using a message you must input a title and message as well or it will not run.

Again thanks and I will look into the error logs.

Let us know how you go.

Very nice Blueprint!

One Question: I want to use the Blueprint for 2 Automations:

1. Window Left open notification
  2. Humidity in Bathroom to High notification

For the Window Left open it would be great to set the time delay to more than 10 minutes (I would like to get notified after 20 minutes).

@Stothed

If you use the ā€œStart Trigger - Time Delayā€ and just type in ā€œ20ā€ and click save.

Oh okay, thats easy :D. Since the slider only works up to 10 minutes and the display turns red at a higher value, I thought that wouldnā€™t work.

No problem at all, happy to help.

Yes now it works very well :).
Sorry, but I have one more question (IĀ“m a Beginner in HA). Now I want to use the Bypass Option the first time in another automation.
How do I set this up with a stateless switch as hue Dimmer switch?
I want a Hue Dimmer switch to bypass the Motion Sensor to keep the lights on.

@Stothed
@Stothed

All good.

You will have to create a toggle helperā€¦ go to settings / devices and services / helpers tab / create helper and select toggleā€¦ etc. Then use this blueprint :nazar_amulet: Press Button - Turn ON & OFF Entities to help you toggle the helper ON and OFF with your stateless switch. Then use the toggle helper as the entity for the by-pass.

Thanks a lot, I tested ist - but it wonā€™t work.
I selectetd the dimmer switch in press button and also the created toggle helper. It turned on when pressing the button, but if i press again it turn off - if I release the button it switches back to on.
I canā€™t find a chance to toggle to helper on and off.

@Stothed

This could mean that it has a quick ON/OFF state. Try this blueprint instead :eight_spoked_asterisk: Toggle Switch - Turn ON & OFF Entities

Let us know how you go. If this doesnā€™t work can you go into development tools and look / find your hue Dimmer switch. Then press the button and see what happens to the stateā€¦ then press it again and see what happens to the state and let me know.

1 Like

Novice, Iā€™m struggling to set this up for my application and hopefully its ok to ask for help here.

I have a water pressure reading from 0 - 6bar, this uses 0.4v - 4.5v voltage span, Iā€™ve been trying to set an alert notification on my mobile to start when the valve falls below 1bar and to end when the value is above 2bar.

The value scale on the blueprint is 0 - 100 does this relate to 100 = 4.5v?

Any help appreciated

@redpis

Welcome to the community.

Yep, no problem.

Nope the value scale is the value you get in HA. So if you would like an alert when it gets below 1 bar then

Start Entities = your entity
Start Trigger - Fixed State or Numeric State Options = option 2
Start Trigger - Numeric State Below Option = 1

and then set up your start notification from ā€œUse The Start Notify Optionsā€ etc

EDIT: If you are setting up an esp32 that reads 0.4v - 4.5v voltage span and you would like to convert that to bar or something else I can help you but I am not sure if that is what your asking.