šŸ“ State Notifications & Actions

Oh okay, thats easy :D. Since the slider only works up to 10 minutes and the display turns red at a higher value, I thought that wouldnā€™t work.

No problem at all, happy to help.

Yes now it works very well :).
Sorry, but I have one more question (IĀ“m a Beginner in HA). Now I want to use the Bypass Option the first time in another automation.
How do I set this up with a stateless switch as hue Dimmer switch?
I want a Hue Dimmer switch to bypass the Motion Sensor to keep the lights on.

@Stothed
@Stothed

All good.

You will have to create a toggle helperā€¦ go to settings / devices and services / helpers tab / create helper and select toggleā€¦ etc. Then use this blueprint :nazar_amulet: Press Button - Turn ON & OFF Entities to help you toggle the helper ON and OFF with your stateless switch. Then use the toggle helper as the entity for the by-pass.

Blacky :smiley:

Thanks a lot, I tested ist - but it wonā€™t work.
I selectetd the dimmer switch in press button and also the created toggle helper. It turned on when pressing the button, but if i press again it turn off - if I release the button it switches back to on.
I canā€™t find a chance to toggle to helper on and off.

@Stothed

This could mean that it has a quick ON/OFF state. Try this blueprint instead :eight_spoked_asterisk: Toggle Switch - Turn ON & OFF Entities

Let us know how you go. If this doesnā€™t work can you go into development tools and look / find your hue Dimmer switch. Then press the button and see what happens to the stateā€¦ then press it again and see what happens to the state and let me know.

1 Like

Novice, Iā€™m struggling to set this up for my application and hopefully its ok to ask for help here.

I have a water pressure reading from 0 - 6bar, this uses 0.4v - 4.5v voltage span, Iā€™ve been trying to set an alert notification on my mobile to start when the valve falls below 1bar and to end when the value is above 2bar.

The value scale on the blueprint is 0 - 100 does this relate to 100 = 4.5v?

Any help appreciated

@redpis

Welcome to the community.

Yep, no problem.

Nope the value scale is the value you get in HA. So if you would like an alert when it gets below 1 bar then

Start Entities = your entity
Start Trigger - Fixed State or Numeric State Options = option 2
Start Trigger - Numeric State Below Option = 1

and then set up your start notification from ā€œUse The Start Notify Optionsā€ etc

EDIT: If you are setting up an esp32 that reads 0.4v - 4.5v voltage span and you would like to convert that to bar or something else I can help you but I am not sure if that is what your asking.

Thanks Blacky, thatā€™s perfect :+1:

Hi @Blacky, thanks a lot for this blueprint!

Iā€™d like to realize the below scenario, but could not find a solution yet:
Based on the window sensor in the bathroom, a start notification shall be sent if the window is open since 15 minutes. This works fine with the delay option.
An end notification shall only be sent if the start notification was sent. Here, I fail in configuring it.

Could you please give me some advice?
Thanks,
meiser

@meiser

Welcome to the community.

The end notification is the same as the start. They are not linked. You would normally have it so when the window opens it sends you a message. Then when the window closes it will send you a message. I not really sure on what you are trying to achieve but if you give me more information I may be able to help you.

Thatā€™s exactly the right answer. Iā€™d like them to be linked. Any chance to extend the blueprint in that way?

I mean, in my scenario, why should I see a message ā€œwindow closedā€ if I have not received a ā€œwindow openā€ message?

Window has to be open first to get closed so if you just use the start for open and the end for closed then it will work.

Sorry, but it does not. If I configure the start notification with 15 minutes delay and close the window immediately after opening it, then the end notification will be shown. But Iā€™d like to avoid it.

@meiser

Could you please provide us your YAML of the automation? This YAML code are the settings you have selected in the automation so I can help. To do this go into your automation, top right 3 dots, Edit in YAML, copy all the code, come back to the forum and in your reply at the top tool bar click on ā€œ</>ā€ and paste code in there.

Here you go. :slight_smile:

alias: Benachrichtigung Fenster Bad
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/state-notifications-and-actions.yaml
  input:
    entity_a_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.parasoll_bad_contact
    entity_a_state: "on"
    entity_b_state: "off"
    include_start_notify: enable_start_notify_options
    start_notify_device:
    start_title: Fenster Bad offen
    start_message: Fenster Bad offen
    include_end_notify: enable_end_notify_options
    end_notify_device:
    end_title: Fenster Bad geschlossen
    end_message: Fenster Bad geschlossen
    entity_b_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.parasoll_bad_contact
    global_conditions: []
    time_delay_a_state: 15

Sorry I get what you are trying to do. Currently it just sends a notification when it happens. You could try and make a template sensor for the end to handle what you are trying to do and use that.

May I ask you to consider this as a feature request? I found this blueprint, but yours supports the global condition which I also use.

Could you try a global condition that the window must be open for X amount of time.

Hi, congratulations, nice project, Iā€™m starting to use it now, I wanted to ask you, would it be possible to insert notifications on Telegram, if so, how can I do it? Thank you

notify_group:
      name: Notification Group
      description: The name of the notification group to call.
      default: ""
variables:
  group_target: !input notify_group
action:
            - conditions: "{{ group_target is defined }}"
              sequence:
                - service: "notify.{{ group_target }}"
                  data: