Stream Component: Confirmed Cameras and Configurations

I’m having a strange problem with my Hikvision NVR (DS-7608HI-ST). At low resolutions (CIF or QCIF) the streams work fine, if somewhat small. However when I change to 4CIF to get the full resolution of the cameras, I still get a working stream, but it is green tinged and almost looks interlaced.

Anybody else got this, or anyone idea how to fix it? As expected, the stream plays fine in VLC.

I just set up the stream component with the Blue Iris url and while I do get the stream working in HA, they frame rates are super low. Full size image looks to update every 2 seconds or so. Its confirmed the BI webui and through the main app on windows the video is not an issue. Any suggestions on maybe some settings I need to change?

Did you try to restart the camera? I had the same issue but after rebooting the camera it works again

Do you mean restart in the blue iris app or power cycle the camera itself?

Power cycle (rebooting) the camera resolved the issue for me

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll keep this in mind as I would like to get this working.
I’ll wait for an update though as I have other issues with the stream component as outlined in this thread:

My Blue Iris instance ends up crashing if I using this component, I had to move back to mjpeg.

Ok…I think I went through this whole thread without seeing any issues that matched what I am experiencing.

So this is what I’ve got:

• HA v.0.93.2 running on Ubuntu in docker
  • 4 Xiaomi/Wyze v2 cameras running the Dafang hack
  • using the stream: component in my configuration.yaml file
  • using the camera_view: live option in lovelace.
  • use latest java option in my configuration. yaml
  • set swapfile option in run.sh to true.
  • resolution is at the lowest, bitrate is at 100, 10 fps
    Here’s the issue:

Everything seems to work fine for about a few minutes. Cameras stream smoothly to the front end, then after a few minutes all camera views stops streaming and just gives me a still motion shot.

HOWEVER, here’s the strange part, if I set my lovelaceUI to edit mode, then everything works flawlessly. The stream won’t stop after a few minutes. Put it back to display mode, then everything stops.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

Hi @MrMagic thanks for your help. I’ve stumbled across your post when trying to migrate my camera componen from ffmpeg to stream. I’m also using Hikvision NVR, and your config works fine. However, I need to double check the port for still images. I don’t know, maybe the technician change the default port to access the web portal, mine is on 81. So, my working config for Hikvision NVR is as follow :

- platform: generic
    still_image_url: http://192.168.100.64:81/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture
    stream_source: rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101/
    name: Kamera Ruang Tengah Lt 1
    username: user
    password: pass
    authentication: digest

It works fine, much better than ffmpeg, in term of speed, framerate, and image clarity. However I have two questions, maybe folks here can help me :

1. I have mic attached to one of my camera (meaning it has audio input). I can hear the sound using Hikvision android app (IVMS), and from VLC network stream. However, I can’t hear anything using stream from HA, eventhough I have unmuted and maxed the volume from the live stream window. Is there anything I can do to get the sound passing through?
  2. For still image, I see that it get update every 10 seconds. Is there any way to make it faster, like maybe for every 4 seconds?

Thank you very much!

I have setupthe component and it woeks well on pc browser (FF).
No way on mobile android (Chrome & FF)
Does anyboy experience the same?

My 4MP PoE IP Camera Config: Compatible with Hikvision Performance Series DS-2CD2145FWD-I, great camera by the way. Six on the exterior of my house. Hassio (92.2) direct to camera. User/Pswd are handled differently between still image and stream. This was the only way I could get both to work in same card. Hope this helps save someone time and frustration.

stream:
# works 5/29/19
camera:
    name: Garage
    still_image_url: "http://192.168.1.64:80/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture"
    stream_source: !secret camera_url_rtsp
#   stream_source: "rtsp://user:[email protected]:554" # put url without quotes in secrets
    username: !secret camera_user
    password: !secret camera_pswd
1 Like

I can cast my camera to Sony Android TV when the camera component is configured using ffmpeg.

I have switched to stream but when I call service camera.play_stream I just get a horizontal progress bar flash up and then the blue cast icon on the tv.

I have tried using the Hikvision settings to connect directly to the camera on it’s own IP and rtsp feed. I have also tried using the settings and IP address of Blue Iris VM.

Blue Iris
still_image_url: “http://192.168.1.x:81/image/cctv-01.jpg
stream_source: “http://192.168.1.x:81/h264/cctv-01/temp.m3u8

Hikvision
still_image_url: “http://user:[email protected]/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture
stream_source: “rtsp://user:[email protected]:554”

Both work fine in HA frontend, lovelace cards with liveview, still images load fine using the still_image_url in Chrome and IE. The stream_source url opens fine in VLC with either Hikvision or BI configured.

I have exposed the camera to Google and now when I say “Ok Google show camera on living room tv” Google Home streams to the TV a black screen with white text that says “Smart Home Camera”

Has anyone else experienced problems casting to Sony Android TV using the new stream: component and Generic camera?

How your yml look like? You might have to drop the video resolution as Sony Android TV / Chromecast have problem with transcode

camera:
still_image_url: "http://192.168.1.130:81/image/cctv-01.jpg"
stream_source: "http://192.168.1.130:81/h264/cctv-01/temp.m3u8"
name: CCTV-01
username: *****
password: *****
verify_ssl: false
framerate: 1

I don’t need username or password when playing the stream in VLC as I have set option in Blue Iris to require authentication from non LAN only. I have tried the YAML with and without username and password. I have also tried authentication basic and digest and verify_ssl as false and removed altogether. I have now set framerate to 1 just for testing.

In Blue Iris there are settings for content encoder profiles. I have tried limiting bitrate and resolution here but not had any luck yet.

Does anyone with a working camera stream from blue iris to Chromecast have their encoder settings that they wouldn’t mind posting please?

I have two type of camera that have supported integrations, one works and one doesn’t.

My doorbird camera works fine and I can view the live stream from the UI, no problem.

My Axis camera shows up fine, but when I try to view the live stream it doesn’t come up.

Any ideas on how I can track this issue down.

Update: Factory resetting my camera has fixed my issue.

has anyone got audio working through the camera stream?

Hey did you have any luck configuring jpg url for the Wyze cams? If yes do you mind sharing the format of it?

How about error when open stream in home assistant?

I had to use the same config as yourself. I changed the second stream to H.264 the same as the primary stream however at a lower resolution.