Stream Component: Confirmed Cameras and Configurations

thanks
I have the ip address of the nvr and the rrsp is 554.
How can I find the exact link to each camera in the nvr?

What model your nvr?

Try this: rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=5&subtype=0

Only correct you login, pass and ip address.

I try to set the url at Vlc, changing pw and ip.
still error showing the camera

I have a really strange issue with the stream, I have created a separate post, maybe someone here can help me? I’m out of ideas right now :slight_smile:

Hi
I am looking to buy 2 cameras to integrate to HA. 1 for inside the house and one for outside. I would like to have microphone (in order to speak to my dog) and for the one that will be outside (waterproof) I would like to have motion sensor also.
Can you give me any suggestions please. The budget is limited so I am looking for the cheap but decent one.

i have some cameras that are supported by stream:
but some not, since they only are mjpeg

BUT: when stream: is enabled, its enabled for ALL cameras, so if i click on a non supported camera, i just get a black screen… so how to disable stream for a specific camera?

2 Likes

Hey, did you ever figure out? I also have foscam, stream works fine in Lovelace, but not on cast devices like Google… Just black screen and keeps loading

@Davros did you maybe figure out? I read you also have the “smart camera” text on your hubs… I have the same with my foscam

1 Like

Hi Fabio, I have tried changing various settings on Foscam and Hikvision cameras, as well as Blue Iris web server config but have never managed to get Google cast devices to display the feed. They apear in Google Home app and can be requested by Google assistant by saying “OK Google show **** camera on TV” this switches my Sony Android TV to the cast screen but I just get a black screen with blue cast icon.

Hmm, ok , I have the same… Maybe router is blocking something?

I think this may be possible if you use a custom component

What custom component do you mean?

I never did get it working on cast devices.

ok, got it working, but casting to google hub/chromecast is just SLOOOOOOOOWWW , after about 10 seconds im happy i can atually see a frame

why is this so slow? live view from lovelace works good

is it because the stream to chromecast/hub is through cloud and not internal network?

Anyone tried or know how to configure a Swann NVR-8580 with HA. I can view it on VLC with rtsp://xx.x.x.xxx:554/ch01/1 but I am not able to get it working in HA.(Lovelace) Here is my config.

camera:
  - platform: ffmpeg
    input: rtsp://xx.x.x.xxx:554/ch01/1
    name: "Front Cam"
    input: rtsp://xx.x.x.xxx:554/ch02/1
    name: "Road Cam"
    input: rtsp://xx.x.x.xxx:554/ch03/1
    name: "Back Cam"

ffmpeg:

stream:

It only opens a separate window and shows the spinning cone as if it’s trying to load.
My lovelace card is a picture entity.

entity: camera.road_cam
type: picture-entity

Am I doing something wrong?

Ffmpeg not supported, try generic instead

I did try generic and it did the same thing. I am not sure what would be the still_image. I do know the stream_source is what I have as input with the ffmpeg component. Where will I get the still_image?

This is what I got and still it just does nothing but a spiral loading.

camera:
  #- platform: ffmpeg
    #input: rtsp://10.0.0.555:554/ch01/1
    #name: "Front Cam"
    #input: rtsp://10.0.0.555:554/ch02/1
    #name: "Road Cam"
    #input: rtsp://10.0.0.555:554/ch03/1
    #name: "Back Cam"
  - platform: generic
    name: "Front Cam"
    still_image_url: http://10.0.0.555/jpg/image.jpg
    stream_source: rtsp://10.0.0.555:554/ch01/1
    name: "Road Cam"
    stream_source: rtsp://10.0.0.555:554/ch02/1
    name: "Back Cam"
    stream_source: rtsp://10.0.0.555:554/ch03/1  

#ffmpeg:

stream:

Does it work in Lovelace without stream: enabled? If yes , then config is correct, if it doesn’t work with stream in your config, then maybe camera is just not supported…