Stuck on "custom element doesn't exist" - need help!

Hm that is weird, might be a space or comma too much. But otherwise I wouldn’t know why it doesn’t work. What did you put in under resources?

The config is identical to when it was working previously. I have a bunch of custom cards working fine, as was button-card. No changes to config except that I added a different card which I subsequently erased all trace of.

Most cards will work locally, but some don’t. The button-card requires external resources that is probably why some of your cards work and some don’t. It requires the lit element (or something like that, I’m still learning so I can’t say how it works exactly). It pulls its resources from some repository. That repository didn’t work last time I tried it so someone posted a different one with that same lit element.

I see you are referring to the calendar-card which works fine for me as well (didn’t change the resources there though) however your version isn’t the same as mine. My version is 1.2.2, there are two github pages with this calendar-card, I can give you the one I used.

I also wonder what that :10:7 means at the end of your version number.

Calendar card only didn’t work for one moment and then started working again. But it is another one that sometimes just stops working mysteriously, though not nearly as often as button-card. The button-card developer has said he’d put up one without any external references in the thread you referenced earlier, I’m going to hold out for that…

1 Like

That would be awesome, I will keep an eye on that thread as I’d prefer sources to be local as well. I wish you good luck. I’ll try to help where I can however like I said I’m still fairly new to Hass (a few months in now).

He just posted it, I tried it, and all my problems are instantly fixed!! Hooray for open source devs! The best people in the world!

Haha nice, I just read the changes and it did refer to the lit element. He changed the link to another repo. Still weird that my link didn’t fix it for you as it was basically the same thing XD. Good to hear it works now. Would you by any chance be willing to show me some screens of your setup? I’d like to get some ideas for my own setup. It’s pretty decent already, but I’m always looking to make it better.

(No problem if you won’t, but if you will, you could pm them)

Yeah, the whole thing was pretty strange. I was pretty sure that your link would work too…

Screenshots… I’ve only been at it a few months, but was thinking about someday putting everything up on github with some pictures to share when everything was a bit more bedded down to a point I was proud of it… Here’s a few until I get there. I have to warn you, I like graphs :wink:

1 Like

Looks good, I really like the weather card on the front page and that there is a graph with it. And those gas etc. Charts are those regular lovelace cards? They look a lot more usable than the ones I use now. But I probably would dedicate a page to it just like you have.

I know its off topic but what CCTV recording / motion detection software are you using?

Yep. I was really hoping they would remove the external dependency. I understand not wanting to re-invent the wheel, but it seems like HA starts to lose it’s “cloud-less” promise if more and more components of it start relying on the cloud.

I’m using synology for cameras but have been able to use hikvision as well as that’s brand of the cameras themselves. I have tensorflow running for object detection (what you see in security panel)

As for external dependencies, at least button card has solved it… Maybe if we ask other devs, they will do the same.

This is fixed now! Button card no longer depends on external resources.

I have that issue even I used the component updater version.
Does not work either.

• type: module
    url: /customcards/github/custom-cards/button-card.js?track=true

I also have this issue on an older iPad (iOS 10.3.3) and iPad mini 1 (iOS 9.3.5)
See screenshot.
Any help is more than welcome, because I want to use this old iPad as a HA control screen.

Thanks,
Rien

Would be informative to know whether you can access that same page through for instance a laptop or PC, as well as a smartphone, and with different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari), and to know whether there are situations where the page works.

I can access the page without errors on any other device I own.

• Chrome, FireFox and Safari on MacOS iMac en MacBook
  • Safari on iPhone X and new iPad (iOS 14.x)
  • Edge on Windows 10 Laptop

I did find some related info it could be due to (lack of) support of some code platform used in the custom card, like mentioned here Custom Dark Sky Animated Weather Card . Maybe (also) ask the dev, i think at https://github.com/ljmerza/light-entity-card/issues ?

I searched a lot but could not find a solution. I reported a bug on GitHub to the developer, but no response so far.

I have exactly the same issue on my old fire tablet in combination with the HA app (7th generation - Android 5.x) - “custom element doesn’t exist” (I use the Atomic Calender Revive and the HTC flip clock weather card)

It works on all other devices (Pixel 3a - HA app, Chrome on my desktop, Safari on my Iphone X)
However it is not working on the Fire tablet and the HA app. Strange thing is, it works on the same device with the Silk browser

Does anyone know if newer fire devices also have this issue?