Supervisor November beta issue impacting users on Home Assistant beta/dev channels

My Proxmox node crashed minutes after the Supervisor update (obviously not related to HA) and for that reason I never suspected the issue could be HA related. Since my last backup was from two weeks ago (yup, I know!!! and the worst part is that I work in IT/Security area!) and I couldn’t create new backups I tried everything for several nights in order to keep the long therm data.

I was about to ask for help in Discord when I saw your post :smiley: Already followed the instruction and created a backup. Since I messed a lot with supervisor and core repair commands, I am going to create a new VM and restore.

Thanks.

Maybe the observer can be configured to perform a supervisor rollback or reinstall, or push a version specific message to the user.

maybe what i have to add could be considered dumb or repetitive for some, but i have two important tips:

For those who are receiving the “docker command not found” message, you have to type “login” without quotes and press enter first (maybe the owner of the post could highlight it in different color).

for those who need to type the pipe character, in my keyboard you and do it by typing alt+124 on the numpad.

thanks.

type login and press enter before paste the curl code

Actually if you specifically see the output “docker command not found” it almost certainly means the user has the ssh addon installed, tried to ssh in via 22 and run it there. This won’t work because when you ssh in via the ssh addon you’re actually in a docker container and the most commonly used ssh addon has no access to the docker cli.

If you see something like this:

Error: unknown command "curl" for "ha"
Did you mean this?
        core
Run 'ha --help' for usage.
FATA[0000] Error while executing rootCmd: unknown command "curl" for "ha"
Did you mean this?
        core

Then you probably tried to type the curl command at the ha prompt without entering login first.

That’s been my experience anyway. Perhaps you can show what you’re seeing if you encountered a different error?

curl -o - https://version.home-assistant.io/update-supervisor.txt | sh
works perfectly thanx

1 Like

You need to type in login first

I spent the last 24 hours thinking I had lost everything before finding this thread. My incremental backups had replaced all my full backups. I finally have a working front end, but now all my add-ons are missing. When I try to start them I get an error that the image can’t be found. Is there a way to rebuild them from the terminal?

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Same problem with 2022.11.3 ?

Had big problem after install of 2022.11.2. Now running 2022.11.1 with no problem.

You’re confusing core version with supervisor version. The issues in this thread only deal with supervisor, which does not have a 2022.11.3 version.

I get next error

Screenshot 2022-11-20 10.33.56_1

I fix it on VM’s Console(VNC) typing just: ha core update

after that, reboot system and everything was working. Most of add-ons i need to re-install, could be that add-ons broke when I try to fix the system yesterday(maby).

edit: Supervisor version was 2022.11.0 when I had this problem.

I had thought once beta is done and we update to the released version we are on the stable channel until we download a new beta?

I saw nothing in my versions to see that I was running a beta supervisor. Did I miss something in the numbering that said I was on beta?

When you join the beta program, you join the beta for core & supervisor. You’re always in beta. Beta for core starts on the last wednesday of the month and ends on the first wednesday of the next month. Supervisor comes whenever the devs release it, it does not have a static beta schedule.

The difference is that the version numbers for core and os let’s you know you are running beta. Supervisor does not. I would think it should. Also the beta channel gets closed so there is no place to report beta issues.

Ok, write up a feature request. :man_shrugging:

A feature request for beta testing?

You just asked for an indicator in the name of supervisor that show’d it was a beta… so a feature request for that…

No I am asking for it to behave the same as core an OS beta’s. Both of these I get a notice of releases and changes and a way to report issues. I would think this is a design issue not a tester issue

1 Like

That’s not going to happen. Supervisor auto updates to the latest, that’s by design. Others have tried to get that behavior to change and it’s always failed. You’re welcome to try. Just don’t try with me as I didn’t make the decision :wink: